Heartland Championship Wrestling (OOC Signup, Discussion)

Deadlines get pushed. Wouldn't worry about that. Coordinating doesn't require much beyond "mind if I do this?". Communication is all that is required.It is not much different from the arena.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't necessarily think it feels like less of a role play because of the posts being collaborated together.  One of the joys of RP, though, is being able to express your character in the environment, and that feels harder to do when you are essentially sharing the story telling space with other characters.  It really wouldn't be any different from other RP, I just feel like having only 5 posts for a rumble doesn't make much sense.  I'm thinking these 5 posts would be huge.  why not 15 smaller posts?  Whats the thinking behind the post count?  What are the content expectations?

I don't necessarily think it feels like less of a role play because of the posts being collaborated together.  One of the joys of RP, though, is being able to express your character in the environment, and that feels harder to do when you are essentially sharing the story telling space with other characters.  It really wouldn't be any different from other RP, I just feel like having only 5 posts for a rumble doesn't make much sense.  I'm thinking these 5 posts would be huge.  why not 15 smaller posts?  Whats the thinking behind the post count?  What are the content expectations?

The post count is all trying to keep the total time of the event close to the running time goal of 3 hours IC. Where it gets tricky is this: 5 posts is my recommendation. Across the RP I am expecting fairly significant posts. If people would rather do 15 smaller posts that is fine. 

The post count is all trying to keep the total time of the event close to the running time goal of 3 hours IC. Where it gets tricky is this: 5 posts is my recommendation. Across the RP I am expecting fairly significant posts. If people would rather do 15 smaller posts that is fine. 

Not everyone is the same, but I know for me, I spend most of my time reading other people's posts, thinking and conceptualizing a response, and if needed, review a post pre-published to other RPers that it involves.  The writing process itself takes 10% of the time usually.  So the way I see it, a suggested number of posts isn't really a clear way to regulate how much time is going into making these posts.  I think we all want this to publish in a timely manner, it's more fun that way.  I just think that having a number of posts as a goal doesn't really paint the picture in terms of expectation.  Let me ask you this, 5 posts, 15 posts, whatever, how many words are you expecting it to be?  2,000?  5,000?  For example, this reply I made here is 157 words long.  My role play posts typically fall anywhere between 100 and 500 words.

^  Word or paragraph help would be helpful, yes.

What I'm concerned about is that all the matches are being written in isolation, so any reference to things that have already happened are going to be difficult or impossible.  Is this disjointedness in style OK?  

Also, for multipost matches, obviously it's going to need to go back and forth; collaboration aside each player is going to respond and set up a response.  Is this going to happen in PM's between the players or on the thread itself?

• 2 weeks later...

Mkays. Since that plan won't work, new one. Treat this as arena fighting, except all in one thread and with them predetermined. Will allow ideas and input from us all as we go alongh, and we don't have to have it done all ahead of time.

The only caveat is that unlike the Arena, a lot of people behind you rely on you to post with some swiftness. Not sure how to handle that except with a plea to anyone currently in a match to really put some effort and time into it so we don't stretch one show out over six months.:P

For me, I feel much comfortable tailing someone else in this RP event that we have.  I am more than willing to write, but I fear writing any sort of creative premise because I don't want to misinterpret the setting or the tone.  I kinda feel like playing it sarcastic like, simply because wrestling ponies just kinda tickles me that way.

• 1 month later...

A reminder of the current show:

HCW presents...Barnstormers!
The promotion is alive and kicking and has announced a tournament to crown the first ever HWC Champion! Also: the Tag Team Title will be decided in a three-way, and the Ironmare in a Battle Royale!

Quarterfinal 1: Flying Brick vs Snake Grass'd 
- Flying Brick crushes her first round opponent, who only manages a little bit of offense- even though one errant hoof does send blood running down Flying;s face!

Quarterfinal 2: Rich vs Sparky
- Bleedin' Rich will face off against newcomer Sparky Tuggs, an unusual development since Bleedin' was supposed to face El Bucanero. Bleedin' beats up and humiliates young Sparky, forcing the young stallion to tap.

Quarterfinal 3: Gala vs Harsh Tone
- Gala Justice makes her triumphant return in a hard fought match against the brutal Harsh Tone. Using her patented finisher The Vanhoover Destroyer, she puts him down and moves on to face Bleedin' Rich in the semi-finals!

Triple Tag Team Match for the HWC title: The Wild Stallions vs The Talons (Tehengu and Zelda) vs The Strongmares of Maretonia 

Quarterfinal 4: Thunder "The Bolt" Charger vs Gilda
- Thunder Charger makes a big splash but falls to the newcomer Gilda in a ferocious battle- but how could a new name on the scene ever beat such a respected vet?

Ironmare #1 Contender three-way: Nightshade Nightmare vs El Bucareno vs The Shadowbolt
- A fierce battle erupts between the mysterious and scary Nightshade, the brash and arrogant Shadowbolt, and the honorable El Bucareno. Bucareno looks like he is about to win, but Nightshade is able to use her finisher to lay him out. The Shadowbolt is able to sneak in and win the match.

Semi-final 1: Gala vs Rich
- Gala makes her way to the ring when her long time friend, Thunder Charger, comes out with her. He shocks everypony when he attacks her with his patented death drop onto the railing, rolling her into a stunned ref who has to start the match! Gala tries her best to fight back but she is too hurt to beat Rich, who locks in his feared submission. Gala doesn't tap out, but passes out in the hold. Rich is declared the victor and moves on to the finals!

Semi-final 2: Brick vs Gilda
- Brick and Gild put on an aerial expedition to the mostly Earth pony audience that is equalled by their intensity. Both give it their all, making this the longest match of the night, before Brick puts Gilda away with a pinfall victory to advance to the final.

Royal Rumble, Ironmare Championship: All others. Big Mac is the winner.
- In the match that everypony else is involved in, Big Mac is able to defeat everypony else. he is tag teamed at the end by two wrestlers who formed a mid-match alliance, but uses one of his signature moves to eliminate both at once.

Final: Rich vs Brick
- Bleedin' Rich takes advantage of the exhausted Flying Brick, but Brick doesn't go down easy. A fierce back and forth follows but Bleedin' nearly knocks Brick out with multiple Clotheslines from Tartarus, Rich gets the pin and is crowned first HWC Heavyweight Champion!

Archived