One more reason why Faust rules

brianblackberry

Sharing this picture, I would say it is pretty FiM related and certainly would make bronies feel a bit better about liking the show so much. :D

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/index.php?q=/post/view/644

The best part? Read the comments. Every single one of them is a fan of the show. Kathleen really should have picked a different target. Or, you know, actually watched the show.

I like this one:

tumblr_lhi2yi8CJR1qh979k

Haha I like her response. :) Go Faust~ 8-)

Seriously though, I can't believe people are such jerks as to write something like that on her DA page! You'd think that being an artistic community, people would respect the work that goes into ANY artistic work -- even if it is a "kid's show" that isn't their cup of tea.

I find it very brave of her to allow people to comment freely on her DA, even when hateful people like this might show up there.

Seriously though, I can't believe people are such jerks as to write something like that on her DA page! You'd think that being an artistic community, people would respect the work that goes into ANY artistic work

Nope, it is the Internet after all. With DA being so large, it has attracted its fair share of art trolls and the "I hate anything popular" crowd. Combine that with anonymity and I am surprise she doesn't get more crap from folks (maybe her great replies keeps them away).

I am always reminded of this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg

It takes a strong person not to get caught up in internet drama. That earlier post about the being anonymous on the net and it turning people into dicks is completely true. And sadly, it also turns them into trolls who take delight in tormenting others simply for their own pleasure.

The fact that Faust can laugh in the face of it, and continue to do her own thing while responding with wit and intelligence is amazing. It shows a strong character and I'm glad that there's someone out there like this that is working on POSITIVE female cartoons and takes into account the adult audience that will end up watching with their children.

It's a nice change, one I know that most on this site are thankful for, as it has brought us all together in what has turned out to be a very amazing community.

Lauren Faust is such an amazingly intelligent and classy woman! I have nothing but mountains of respect for her.

I love what she's doing with this cartoon! As a guy, I've always thought discrimination against women was ridiculous. I love how Faust is treating girls (and grown women, of course) like the intelligent, clued-in human beings they are. Like they should be! I love how Faust considers men in the equation, too! If a person wants to do something and they are perfectly able to perform--if not excel--at that thing, it shouldn't matter one bit at all how many X or Y chromosomes a person has.

It's just kind of awesome in a way. I think just seeing how many guys are into the cartoon is a big freaking clue that in some respects maybe guys and gals aren't so different.

I keep dreaming of a future where men and women are truly equal and respected. I don't know if it will happen in my lifetime, but it's something I hope I live to see.

I like this one:

tumblr_lhi2yi8CJR1qh979k

Haha I like her response. :) Go Faust~ 8-)

Seriously though, I can't believe people are such jerks as to write something like that on her DA page! You'd think that being an artistic community, people would respect the work that goes into ANY artistic work -- even if it is a "kid's show" that isn't their cup of tea.

I find it very brave of her to allow people to comment freely on her DA, even when hateful people like this might show up there.

That is pretty awesome of her. More and more, I think I respect her for her suave ability to handle jerks.

Seriously though, I can't believe people are such jerks as to write something like that on her DA page! You'd think that being an artistic community, people would respect the work that goes into ANY artistic work

Nope, it is the Internet after all. With DA being so large, it has attracted its fair share of art trolls and the "I hate anything popular" crowd. Combine that with anonymity and I am surprise she doesn't get more crap from folks (maybe her great replies keeps them away).

I am always reminded of this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg

The worst part about it, is that sometimes, probably far more often than they will admit, they actually like and enjoy it but because they're just plain mean dipsticks, they can't say anything nice. Which is a terrible thing.