Saving the Hero (See OOC)

The mare was too busy in her self-loathng to notice him watching her as she cried. She felt so useless...so tired. The emotionally unstable mare was surprised none the least when she found her self engulfed in the warm embrace of a hug. Her lavender eyes grew wide with shock as she let out an almost inaudible gasp. What was happening? Why was he doing this?! She didn't deserve this...She struggled with these thoughts as her eyes filled with tears than continuosly bubbled over. Hoo didn't struggle to get away nor put much of any fight no...not this time. Her shoulder's slumped and shook slightly from the her silent yet apparent sobbing. When was the last time she was hugged? Was she ever exposed to such an action? She couldn't recall at the moment...she couldn't recall much of anything at the moment. Hoo listened to the words that were being spoken, her twitching at one statement in particular.

I forgive you.

After all that she had caused and put them through...he was still willing to forgive her. Before she could ponder on it more, she felt a hoof under her chin guiding her to look up into his golden gaze. His features were sharp and stern yet softened. She couldn't have responded to him if she wanted to. The once stony mare was now so overcome by the flood of pent up emotions that she was left without words. She watched as he stepped away and bit her bottom lip, unsure of what to say. Come back for her? What did he mean by that? She glanced to the forest then back to him. Maybe she should...she was so tired and it probably wouldn't belong before she was hunted down by her former employers. "P-Please...." She mumbled and gave a slight nod of her head.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discord finished his cup before setting it down in his saucer. He folded his claw and paw together and took in the information he's gathered while he listened to the dripping coming from deeper in the cave. Discord turned to Sombra who had been watching everything. "What do you think Sombrie. Should I join your evil plight." Discord asked the dark king trying to rouse a reaction from him.

Angel bunny, who had followed Fluttershy was frantically trying to wake her, but to no avail. Angel would need some help to get Fluttershy to safety. He quickly started bouncing from one pony to the next wordlessly begging them to help him move Fluttershy.

Zed blinked in confusion when his foot caught only air, before his eyes widened as Nightmare Moon suddenly bucked him with her back hooves. The blow landed, a rather sickening crack echoing through the air around them all. Zed gasped and was thrown back literally thirty feet, landing heavily on his back. He laid there for a few moments, completely motionless, seeming as if he were knocked out.

Slowly, he started to move.

He lifted himself up into a sitting position, before standing to his feet. He lifted his shirt up, exposing what looked like a small wound. But upon closer inspection, one could see what looked like a small portion of one of his ribs protruding from his skin. Letting the shirt fall back down, he grinned... and began laughing hysterically.

"I guess there's one thing I forgot to mention..." He said, casually walking toward Nightmare Moon. "I can't feel any pain." He sighed, grasping one of his thumbs in his hand. "But him, on the other hand..." He jerked his thumb to the side, the bone snapping with another loud crack. "I'd like to think he feels every bit of it. Wouldn't you?" He rolled his head a bit, loosening the muscles in his neck and shoulders. "After all... don't you hate him for what he did to your precious husband?"

---

Zed laid motionless within the shadows, the tendrils still writhing about around him. Slowly, he stood up, the scenery of the laughing ponies, all friends and family in Zed's memory slowly began to disappear, returning to the way it was when he had first arrived there. He looked around, wondering for a moment where the snaggle-tooth filly went... even though he was completely furious with her for everything she had done.

Suddenly, his chest burst out in a wave of pain, a cracking sound erupting through the seemingly empty room. He cried out and doubled over, lifting his shirt up, and gasping as he saw one of his ribs pushing through his skin, a pool of blood beginning to form beneath him. Suddenly, his left thumb suddenly just... snapped. Again, he cried out on agony, and sounding almost as if he were sobbing... even though his vision was blinded in tears. He gasped and moaned, unable to even move. Every time he took a breath, pain wracked his entire torso. What in the nine hells was causing this?!

---

Applejack watched, her eyes widened in horror. This... thing that was inside of Zed... it was hurting him... Her thoughts were interrupted as she caught a glimpse of Angel Bunny skittering frantically about. She wondered why she was there... untill she remembered that Fluttershy was still knocked out. She sprinted over to her, lifting her onto her back. It was a fairly easy task, considering her own strength. She carried Fluttershy back, yelling frantically to the others. "C'mon! Help me wake her up!"

Sombra looked at discord in suprise....till he remembered it was discord

The dark king then reformed into his body instead of the shadow had was "my opinion dose not matter discord" he said frowning as he walked to chrysalis's side

-----

Thunder walking out from the forest in time to hear what zed said about how he couldn't feel pain and the true zed feeling every ounce of the pain being inflicted to his body

"Why" she asked not even giving anypony else any attention "why are you doing this!" She yelled with tears streaming down her cheeks "why are you taking him away from me!?"

----

Rainbow was crawling away

She didn't know where...nor could she see thru all the tears or the pain

She was so distrot that her wing brushed Twilights leg as she crawled by

"I will return for you, then..." Gale Storm said, he then lifted himself up in the air. "Get some rest, please. I'll see you soon."

He left in a quick dash. He was heading towards Ponyville, where Zed and the others were. He flew as fast as he could, hoping to support them however he can.

He knows that the pony he took around was responsible for Zed, and kept his deal for her... however, he doesn't know yet that she was never under her spell.

By the time he got there, he noticed Thunder was up. He assumed she undid her spell. Gale Storm couldn't consider sparing some time to tell the hypnotizer to also undo the spell on Zed... but he could tell she was too fatigued and almost at her limit. Besides, he has no time, for what he witnessed kept him occupied.

Rarity and Fluttershy were beaten and unconscious, Nightmare Moon has overcome Princess Luna, Darkness Knight and Brave Shield seemed to be dead... but Gale wouldn't believe they're dead. They can't be.

Gale Storm thought Nightmare Moon had returned because Darkness Knight and Brave Shield were dead... He's unsure, though. At the moment, it wasn't the time to analyze what could've happened.

Nightmare Moon injured the dark Zed, but he was not fazed by that, regardless, Gale Storm used this opportunity while he's still distracted.... He quickly noticed Applejack moving Fluttershy, she was frantic... He decided to move them away first.

He went for Rarity first, who was currently in Zed's field of vision, the quickest way through was to go right past him from behind and above... then get Rarity in his grasp, and get out.

He flew over to be right on top of him from far above. He let a breath out, stopped breathing, and then he dropped down like a hawk...

Leaving a trail of lightning, he was getting close to the ground. Just 4 seconds from the ground, he quickly opened his ways to arc him upwards. He went past Zed in a blur. Gale Storm has Rarity in his sight, and grabbed her, and flew upwards immediately.

He turned right toward Applejack, to help her move Fluttershy as well.

He flew closer to her, he had Rarity in his let foreleg, so he had his right foreleg reached out at Applejack.

"Give me your hoof." He said sternly. "Hold on to Fluttershy, I'll take you out of this dangerous zone as quickly as possible. I need to get to Rainbow Dash next, so quickly!"

"Is not him the one I hate." Nightmare Moon said angrily to Zed. "Is you!" She said as she turned around to attack him again and try to knock him down to pin him and the others do what they had to do to deal with him. She had no desire to kill him. No, that was too easy. He wanted the evil him ti suffer all she wanted him to. A smirk crossed her face as she thought so.

---

Chrysalis laughed a bit at Discord. "See? He is on my side." She said smirking to Discord. "Now, would yo kindly join us or would I have to kick you out of here?" Chrysalis asked after a moment, smirking as her changelings gathered around.

---

Twilight saw that her friends were going for Fluttershy. Since Zed was busy with Nightmare Moon, she went to help also.

Pinkie could only stare in horror as the gruesome scenes unfolded before her. Her friends being slung around left and right, some appearing dead even. Then there was this being whom looked like Zed but, couldn't be so. The pink made didn't know if it was a blessing or a curse when Nightmare Moon was awakened once more. Her crystal blue eyes growing wide as the two power houses attacked each other. What could she do? The other needed help but this was far out of their league. She gasped as she spotted Rainbow Dash crawling away for her life and quickly zipped over to her. "I got you, Rainbow Dash." She said lowly to the injured Pegasus before nudging her to her hooves. "We're greeting out of here...!"

~ The once writhing tendrils were nw calm and almost complacent as Zed left their mass. It wasn't long after did they slow completely until vanishing back into what ever horrid realm they came from. Taking their whispers with them and leaving Wed with well deserved silence. A shadow figured etched across the ground until it formed into the filly. She quietly stepped forward until she was inches away from the pained boy. Why did this happen? She thought as tired lavander eyes gazed down at him. Her stare held no mischeif nor any mirth. No, now was only exhaustion and what could be viewed as either sympathy or regret. She didn't know herself. Stretching along various places on the filly were cracks that one would find in a porcelian doll that was not cared for properly. And with each pacing moment a crack would grow farther. She knew her time in this mind was coming to a close amd to be truthful she was a bit glad. The odd regret that she was feeling right now would only quicken the inevatable. The mocha colored filly truly did feel sorry for this boy. Which was not something thay was felt often for a victim. She wanted to take it all back to...to erase his memory of this experince but, such was not the case. No, she would just have to wait for the affects to wear off. "...It'll be over soon...." She whispered weakly to Zed as she sat down in front of him and reached out a porcelian cracked hoof to rub his head.

Discord's face went from a smile to the most serious face he could muster. He looked around at the changelings surrounding him. There was a lot, almost too many. Before Discord could react his attention was suddenly brought to the ceiling when a drop of greenish water landed on the table. "You know, your right. I think it is time to make a decision." Discord said allowing the grin to return to his face.

"You look way better with socks." He finished when suddenly holes started to burst open from the roof letting in a green ooze-like liquid. The green slime quickly started to flood the chamber as well as dissolve the tea set and any ores and gems in the walls. "I hope you dont mind. I invited a friend of my own." Discord said getting up and putting on a coat that he didn't have entering the chamber. "Sadly my schedule won't allow me to stay. Do you think you can take care of Smoozie for me." Discord said before taking off down the cave corridor trying to make his way to the exit.

“Oh?” Zed replied in response to Nightmare Moon’s outburst. Suddenly, the dark mare struck him again, his head snapping to the side from the force of the blow. As she pinned him, all he did was stare up at her and grin. Now was his chance. As she stood over him, he placed his hands on her chest and belly, and they immediately started to heat up. He was now less than a mere second away from firing a blast of energy that would leave Nightmare Moon in nothing but ashes and bone fragments. “Go on. Kill him. Kill your beloved nephew.”

Zed continued laying where he was, curled up in a ball and more vulnerable than ever. He heard the filly coming towards him, before gently rubbing his head and whispering softly that it would all be over soon. He was shaking violently now, but he did not move away. Not because every movement sent spikes of pain through him… Taking a pained, shaky breath, he reached his good hand up and gently grasped her hoof. He knew for a fact that she did not want this. HooDoo herself did not want this. He didn’t know how or why… he just knew. He gently rubbed his thumb against her hoof, unable to speak. He just had to let her know that… he understood.

Applejack would glance back every now and then, her ears twitching at the sound of Zed's bones breaking. She gasped in surprise when Gale flew toward her. She glanced one more time at the two clashing deities, before nodding and grabbing Gale's hoof, while holding on tightly to Fluttershy. "What's gonna happen to him?" She asked softly.

Sombras eyes widened as he saw the green slime

His scythe took action and sliced at the thing but only managed to get swallowed up but it

"What is this!?" Sombra said as it reathced his hooves

-----

Thunder mentally couldn't take it anymore and just fell to the ground wishing for this to be over as she broke down crying not wanting to see zed die or him kill

"Nothing good." He said. He is very uncomfortable about what those two are doing against each other.

He secured Applejack's grip and then flew out to move them away. He quickly moved them thirty-yards away, then placed them down.

"I'm going back for Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, stay safe." He said.

He flew away to get Pinkie Pie.

He picked Pinkie Pie up with one foreleg, and Rainbow Dash in the other. He noticed Twilight coming to help them, so he said to her, "I got them, follow me to your friends!"

He then moved away, toward Applejack and Fluttershy, finally placing the other two down.

Finally, he flew away once more back to the battlefield.... hoping he isn't too late to stop them from killing each other.

"Zed, Luna-- DON'T!" He yelled, but it was a futile attempt. They were too focused to kill... he couldn't do anything.

"No..." He said, he landed on the ground, some yards from them.

Nightmare Moon just let out a small chuckle at what Zed did. "Fool..." She said, as she decided to give him a finall blow. She rised her hoof and her horn glowed, then shat a small beam towards his head, followed by a hard hit with her hoof to his head, the blow being really hard. The spell made sure only that the hit didn't damaged his head or broke anything, but, if he would survive the impact... that was another thing.

---

Twilight, after she saw Gale, she nodded and decided to follow, not looking behind at all. She didn't wanted to see what was going to happen. It was too much for her.

---

Chrysalis frowned as the slime started to get around. "Great... him..." She siad angrily. "Don't let him escape!" She ordered her changeing as they soon started to fly and run around to stop Discord, or at least slow down his escape plan.

"Now, to deal with it." She said as she flew up so the smooze didn't  get her.

~ A small smile formed on the filly's face as Zed rubbed her hoof. She almost expected him to shove her away so, this was a pleasant unexpected reaction. She was happy that he forgave her. She sat there quietly continuing in her effort to comfort the wounded angel. After this mess was over, the filly could only hope that his mind would recover from the traumatic events that it was put through. As another crack etched itself across her side , the little creature found it harder to keep her hoof going. Her soft pats became slower and slower until finally stopping. She was too exhausted to do anymore. It wouldn't be to long now before she shattered... she could feel it. The purple eyed creature not having the strength to sit up anymore, found herself curling up next to Zed and propped up her head on his. "It'll...be over soon...." She reapeted as another crack made it's way across her face. There was nothing more to do than to simply wait. She would be gone and he would finally be free...and she was okay with that.~

Discord was rushing down the cave corridor, he could hear the buzz from the changeling's wings following close behind, he could also hear the sound of changelings struggling to escape from their gooey prison. The thought of them squirming for the life in smooze was reason enough for him to cackle maliciously while poking holes in the springing leaks of smooze which started to flood the corridor as well as trap some of the changelings chasing him.

Angel bunny quickly grabbed onto Fluttershy's tail as she and Applejack were carried off by gale. While being carried Fluttershy started to slowly regain consciousness. "Zed..." she mumbled opening her eyes.

This was it. Zed watched as Nightmare Moon raised her hoof for a final blow. He only continued to smile grimly as he prepared to unleash his full power. Suddenly, a beam shot from her horn, catching his forehead. It stunned him, and his concentration wavered. He gritted his teeth and tried again, but it was too late. Nightmare Moon struck him, the blow being powerful enough to cause his head to snap to the side...

And one final crack as the boy's neck broke.

His entire body lay still, his arms dropping limply to his sides as the last bit of energy in his hands visibly faded away. He didn't even have time to close his eyes...

---

At the sound of the crack, Solar's eyes shot open, and he looked out to where the source of the sound came from. As the scene unfolded before him, he shook violently, a nauseating wave heavily enveloping him. "Z-Zed...?" He whispered quietly, unsure if the scene before him were real or just a dream.

---

Inside his mind, Zed sighed as the filly laid her head on his, and he continued shaking. He could even hear the cracks forming on her as she began to get weaker. "I... I f-forgive... You..." He said softly, before he suddenly started to fade from existence... the hand that was holding her hoof finally falling limp.

---

Applejack watched with horror as everything unfolded. She saw Nightmare Moon deliver one final blow... one that left Zed lying beneath her, completely limp and lifeless. She covered her mouth with both of her hooves as she watched, hot tears blinding her vision before pouring down her face. "N-no..." She stuttered. "Is... is he...?"

Rainbow tryed to help gale by flapping her wings but it was hard to concentrate

Once they were set down rainbow dash let a groan of pain

She needed medical attention

------

Brave slowly stood up as his spell wore off

(Ugh what happe-) he began to think before he saw nightmare moon standing over what looked to be a dead angel

Braves eyes widened as he took it all in

------

Thunder began to bawl as she saw zeds neck break

She had tryed she really had but she was blaming herself for him being dead

After Nightmare Moon snapped his neck with a loud crack... Gale Storm just stood there, staring at his lifeless body.

He then gritted his teeth with overflowing fury, and lowered his head, he has been defeated by the obstruction of incapability.

"Damn it..." He said quietly. "To lose a part of the family and see him die... damn it. Damn it!"

He cursed at the situation.

Though, he couldn't hate Princess Luna, he couldn't even hate Chrysalis, or the hypnotist either... he just cursed at the situation.

Brave Shield lost a friend, Thunder lost a lover, Celestia lost a son, Luna, Darkness Knight, and Gale Storm lost a nephew, Lullaby lost a cousin, and Solar Flare lost a brother...

Gale Storm decided to approach his corpse, slowly walking in a depressed manner. When he was just over his body, he slowly moved Nightmare Moon's foreleg aside.

"It's finished..." He said to her, looking down at Zed's lifeless face. "Begone; Let Princess Luna return... please. May he rest in peace."

Nightmare Moon turned to Gale as he spoke, an angry yet sad look in her face. "No, this is not over." She said soberly as she turned to Darky and walked towards him.

The unconcious alicorn was still down, not moving. He was hit by most of the impact, making his wounds worse. Nightmare Moon laid down with him and wrapped herself with his hooves as tears formed in her eyes. "I... had failed you..." she whispered to him.

Lullby was still astonshed by the death of Zed. She remained there, not moving at all, then snapped out of it and went to help Twilight and her friends.

Once the fight was over, Twilight did the same as Lullaby and went to help the others.

---

The changelings that were running soon got stuck where they were, and some others flying felt trap as well, and soon, the changelings had lost track of Discord.

---

"Enough!" Chrysalis said angrily as her horn glowed and made spell that sent the slime to the sides. It would not kill him at all, or harm him anyway, but it was just getting annoing to her and she had to get rid of him fast.

~ The filly stared with half lidded eyes not focusing on anything. She felt the boy shaking under her and with shiver she felt all the more regret. There was a change in her and the Boss. She could feel it. Out of all the minds that they toyed with...ruined this had a major toll on them. It was different. She hadn't felt this much regret for a victim and it hurt to think that she had caused him serious damage. She didn't know why she felt this way and probably never would. Her eyes grew as wide as they could as the spoke. He had forgiven her. If she were able to cry she was certain there would be tears streaming down her face. Alas, that was not possible. Instead, a weak and tired smile formed causing more cracks. "...Th-Thank  you...." It came out as a whisper. For the first time in a long time she felt truly happy. She didn't know if this were to be her last time she was called upon. And honestly it would be fine with her if it were so. As the boy slowly  faded, the cracking grew louder until finally the little creature shattered like pottery and vanished.~

Wh-what was that?!

Hoo's eyes shot open in complete shock. Her connection with Zed was abruptly cut off without any warning. The last thing she remembered observing was he fighting with what looked to be Nightmare Moon and then there was loud snap followed by pure darkness before being pushed out of his mind. She didn't have an explanation other than he-no...no! She refused to believe it! The mocha colored mare stood from her spot and began pacing, growing more and more distressed by the passing moments. She closed her eyes and tried to focus whatever energy she had left to try and connect once more with him. Nothing. "No!" A frustrated and wail escaped as more tears welled up. This was her fault. If it weren't for her Zed would surely still be living.  Hoo bit her lip as tears pooled from her lavender orbs. "...I-I'm...sorry...I'm...sorry...." She whispered as her shoulders slumped. She had gone too far and an innocent life was lost because of it.

She was the monster she so feared.

Fluttershy covered her mouth with her hooves. She couldn't believe it. The crack had brought her back completely but what she saw devastated her. "No... Zed..."

Discord burst from the cave, breathing heavily. "I need to cut back on the sweets." Discord said to himself before looking at the entrance of the cave. It was flooded from floor to ceiling. "No one is leaving through here. Thanks Smoozie." The slime hummed to Discord in reply. He turned his attention to ponyville. There was obvious signs of a major conflict. He had to get to town.

Discord started flying swiftly through the woods making excellent time through. As he was passing through, he flew past a mare who was crying heavily but he paid her no mind and continued to ponyville. Entering town he noticed a lack of commotion as though the fight had stopped. "What's going on?" He said still investigating the scene when Fluttershy sudden clung to him. "Discord. Zed died" She said to him burrowing her face into his fur to hide her tears.

Solar shook heavily, ignoring Discord's sudden arrival to the scene. He slowly stood up, stumbling a bit as his legs became rubber beneath his weight. His entire body continued shaking violently as he approached Zed's lifeless corpse, a sinking, heavy feeling in his chest. He thought back to when Zed was first adopted... how jealous he had been, that his mother would just bring in a strange creature from a strange world. Then the memories coursed through him of everything Zed had done for him. Not only for him, but for everyone. The poor boy had been so insecure, but fit in so well, despite the difference in anatomy. It came to the point where Solar would do anything for him... and the thought of losing him truly broke his heart.

The young Alicorn prince was at a loss for words as he stared at the body of his brother, his face fixated in a blank expression. His vision suddenly blinded with warm tears, and he quickly looked away and wiped his eyes, unable to look at him any longer. He wanted to blame somepony... he wanted to blame Chrysalis, the hypnotist... anypony. But he couldn't... All he wanted to do was mourn. He knew that Zed would not want anyone to grieve his death, but the thought of losing someone that close...

Applejack gently laid a hoof on his shoulder, and he turned away, unable to look anyone in the face.

"H-he didn't deserve this..." He sobbed gently.

---

Celestia sat in her study, her heart thudding nervously within her chest. She wanted more than anything to go out ant help, but she couldn't leave the castle unguarded. Of course, Cadence would still be there, but she would feel horrible about just leaving her responsible for everything. She had no choice but to--

She stopped, giving a small gasp and nearly knocking over the ink bottle sitting on her desk. She didn't know what it was, but she had just felt... something. It felt similar to the empty, lonely feeling after a loved one leaves. She sighed, hoping the feeling would pass over... but it didn't. It lingered, and grew more intense with every passing second. It worried her horribly. Shaking her head, Celestia stood up from her desk and sprinted down the room, charging as fast as she could through the throne room and out the main entrance, where she leaped into the air and gracefully spread her wings. This feeling... it couldn't be what she thought it was... She flew as fast as she could to Ponyville, her heart racing heavily. Please... please be all right...

Nightmare Moon was still with the unconcius Darky, crying softly as she belived he was dead. She snuggled him a bit more, not wanting him to get away from him. She in't cared about Zed at all, just... him...

Lullaby also started crying as she worked with the others. If she wanted to be a real medic, she had to face death. "D-Don't move..." Lullaby said to Fluttershy as she used he rmagic to heal any left wounds in her, her eyes full of tears. "I~ I have to... be strong..." she said.

---

Chrysalis managed to get rid of the smooze, well, at least, manage to contain him. She growle something when she heard the news of Discord escape... and soon a changeling brought her the news that Zed had died, and that the others were injured, as well as their moral broken by his death at the hooves of Nightmare Moon.

"So, they defeated him..:" She said as she closed her eyes. "No matter, he sarved his purpouse, now, it is time to finish them!" She said as more changeling gathered with her. There were not that many, but enough to make more trouble to the already damaged group.

Fluttershy let go of Discord as the teary eyed Lullaby approached her. "Are you going to be okay?" She asked the young princess.

Discord stared at Zed's body with an empty gaze, allowing the rage to well up his eyes turned red as he rotated around to face the direction of the cave. He raised his hand to be level with his chest then started conjuring a small ball of smooze in the air. He delved his claw into the slime and pulled out Sombra's scythe from the slime. "We still have to stop Chrysalis and Sombra. We can mourn later." Discord said reminding them the mission isn't over.

Applejack gently rubbed along Solar's back in a comforting manner, every once in a while letting out a few sobs of her own. Solar sniffled and wiped his eyes, still shivering violently. As he heard Discord's comment, a spike of intense rage shocked the Alicorn prince to his very core, and he gritted his teeth in anger. He turned away from Zed's corpse, the rage clearly showing in his eyes. "Right." He said. "We defeated her once before. Now, let's make sure she never comes back." Even if it means I have to kill that insect myself. I swear I'll make her pay... He thought, before turning to Nightmare Moon and Darky, still seeing him unconscious and badly injured. He walked over to them, and used a spell that would heal his injuries, and restore him to his full strength. He turned to Nightmare Moon, feeling offended that she did not seem to care about Zed at all. Or perhaps... Luna cared, but not Nightmare Moon... he didn't know. The spark of rage disappeared from his eyes for a moment. "He didn't mean to... you know that, right?" He asked her.

Archived