Saving the Hero (See OOC)

Seven chuckled at the mention of infinite stars. "Yes, this is a simple search and recuse mission" he added.

------------------------------

Krulos smirked, "I suggest you calm down Sombra, unless you want to face Chrysalis and one of the most powerful beings of all of Equestria" He stated proudly. "One I'm not scared of someone who got trounce by 6 cute little pony and baby dragon, Two I can give you the crystal empire that you SOO dearly want if you cooperate with me" He added. "Now, I suggest you restate your words" He finished.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Or at least.. hopefully it's simple." Solar added, rubbing the back of his neck. "If Chrysalis actually succeeds in converting him... then it may be much more than that." He turned to Brave. "We will also have to get Twilight and her friends to help, even if they can't find it in themselves to fight Zed. Just us alone may not be enough."

---

The only response that came from the angel was a silent nod, and his head continued to hang limply, not daring to make eye contact with anyone in the room. In his entire life, he had never felt so defeated, so broken. As soon as he heard the click, his mind immediately cleared away everything that had happened. His feeling of defeat was gone, only to be replaced with calmness. His heart rate slowed noticeably, and he took a deep breath, closing his eyes. There was nothing to be done now but wait for the inevitable.

Brave nodded knowing that they could use all the help they could get

-----

Sombra took his step back, smiling at the thought of the crystal empire returned to its former dark glory, but his eyes stayed aflame

"My word stands cretin but you've earned my ears....for now"

The scyth flew over krulos, the razor sharp blade missing inches from his skin, it then sat next to sombra it's dark purple mettle seaming to hum with the thirst for blood

"Tell me what chrysalis wants" he ordered

Darky nodded after Solar said that and went to sit beside Luna again.

Lullaby heard all what was going on and remained silent for a moment.

Luna trurned to Discord. "Oh, I remember that." She chuckled a bit. "I might say, that was fun, but still..." She tured to Darky. "Oh well..." She sighed. "Perhaps after all this finishes I might go back to my former self." she said.

Good. Finally the toughest part was over. HooDoo scanned over her victim, giving him a few moments to completely calm down. She sighed a bit. Out of all her sessions this one had truly been the hardest.Payne in another life they could have met on more peaceful terms.

.friends even.

Such was not the case however. "The ache in your shoulders are leaving you." Sure the pain would still be there...she couldn't really tale the pain away. Though she could trick his mind into thinking otherwise. 'Click'

"Queen Chrysalis, I ask for you audiance." She called to the Queen behind her, still with her eyes on Zed.

"Maybe..." Discord said still pondering his plan for Brave. Then a spark of innovation. Discord went to the nearest window and opened a portal to his house. "Be right back." He said before climbing through the window.

Seven's eyes widen as he saw discord exit through a portal (of course none could tell). But he shook and mumbled something along the lines of "i could you that to send my bounty's to jail" 

----------------------------------

Krulos smiled, "My queen is a fair one. all she wants from you is your help for conquering equestria, then the crystal empire is as good as yours" he said proudly, pointing towards King Sombra. "Now lets go to her chambers to inform her of your presences, although I ask you keep quiet, there is special business going on that is crucial to our plan." he added as he led the way.

Solar yawned and listened to the lulling sounds of the train, letting out a heavy sigh. He watched curiously as Discord suddenly stepped through a portal leading back to his house. "Hm... I wonder where he's off to." He said with a shrug.

---

As Zed's mind began to calm down even more, he felt almost numb. His fists unclenched within his bindings, and nearly every muscle in his body was completely relaxed. He said absolutely nothing throughout the entire process... He only nodded to show that he understood. After a moment, it felt increasingly difficult for him to even move, yet he sighed in relief as the pain in his shoulders immediately subsided at the sound of another click.

Brave watched discord leave but paid no real mind to him

------

"Yes I know your queen from before the crystal war" Sombra said watching the changeling point at him

The scythe floated up and set itself on sombras back

"Lead the way changeling"

Introducing Gale Storm. This is a long background story in spoilers, read at your own pleasure and time. The more you know, the less confused you would be in the future of this RP.

Gale Storm, a pegasus, grew up in the Everfree forest with another earth pony simply named Moss, an old pony who dedicated his life to research of the many, wonderful mysteries of the Everfree Forest. Until he found Gale Storm, who was only a small filly, left out in the woods. Moss saved him from the timber wolves, and took him under his care. Gale grew up well under his care until he was a teenager, Moss passed away a few years after he turned into a young stallion.

Gale, during his teenage life, was an intelligent, cheerful, and adventurous pony. Curious of the world, he only knew of Canterlot from the books. He never attended school, though he had already passed an advance test for a college.

Strangest thing is... His mark had never shown up for anything he seemed to be good at... He tried many things with no avail, and then tried to follow his instincts. But it never worked out. A lot of ponies made fun of him. He was frustrated and irritated, not because of the rude ponies, but because he cannot find his talent. He could race faster than the Wonderbolts ever could up to this day, he could study ancient languages fluently, he could even understand arguing by politics or science.

Athlete? No... Scientist? No... Nothing came up for him.

When he became a fully grown stallion, he gave up his attempt of finding his talent and joined Canterlot's military. 2 years in, this blank flank made Special Ops recognize him. Fast, smart, and efficient.

Tally McGruff, leader of the Special Ops, invited him in for a special mission. That special mission helped him gain the trust of the civilians under Luna's kingdom. They used to live in a chaotic order under some steward. Gale literally banished him from their territory, whose security was pretty uptight in order to get to him in the first place. The civilians were grateful to know that this pony saved them from a close call of falling out of the economy. This mission alone had him allured to the people. They weren't cruel or terrifying as the books he read before. He requested Tally McGruff to transfer him to the Lunar agents. Tally hesitated, because the Lunar agents are a very covert group that operate against the most deadly enemies of Equestria. Gale pleaded him, Tally eventually accepted it. Gale was now transferred once again, to the Lunar agents.

For 12 years, he protected the people while Princess Luna was still banished on the moon. Until one day... his supposed grandfather appeared before him. His name was Flacon de Maladie, a seemingly old unicorn who studied magic and science. This old pony had a little chat with him. Gale didn't understand why he was here... Flacon did not care about that. He simply told Gale that he wanted to kill him. Gale was briefly shocked that he openly said that and prepared to take him down... but it was too late. Flacon got to him before he tried. Gale was knocked out... and had been taken to an unknown location in a lab.

When he woke up, he wondered why he wasn't dead yet and asked him, then realized how younger this unicorn was... Flacon didn't answer that... he only said, "You're coming of age, my grandson... I'll make sure you don't get in my way!" He had prepared something to inject some kind of liquid in him... Gale was never, EVER more terrified in his entire life than this moment. Once it was injected, he felt pain worse than anything he ever felt. His body felt like it was burning, stinging, hammering of nails, and searing irons... all of which were ten times more painful than it sounded. Unknowingly, Gale sent a blast of electricity around him. Knocking back Flacon, the remaining stuff in the syringe was splattered, Flacon could no longer inject any more in him. Flacon fled the scene and wasn't seen again for a long time. Gale was out of control. His mind was in pieces. Insane thoughts only thought of in pain were flashing by... the laboratory was destroyed by the energy and electricity coming out of his body.

Screaming out with agony, he couldn't control himself anymore. His body went on its own. He flew in the air as fast as he could.

Lightnings clashed, thunders rolled, the earth shook in terror as it went all out, destroying any trees and rocks it touched. Gale was in the dark clouds. Still screaming. His left eye started glowing brightly white. All the lightnings struck him. It couldn't hurt him for some reason. The pain was suddenly, seemingly gone after the lightning struck him... Thunder and lightning stopped, then he fell unconscious from high in the air... he would surely fall to his death. Suddenly, rays of light dissipated the dark clouds. Princess Celestia did this... She caught him by her magic powers from his fall and put him on the ground. She still had her magic on him. Gale Storm woke up sooner than she thought he would. She asked him if he's responsible for what happened in the area. He said nothing until he recalled his grandfather, kidnapping Gale and injecting something horribly painful in him. He told her that. Celestia wasn't sure, but she was prepared to let him go, just not yet.

She asked for his name, he then told her his name. Her eyes widen, she knew who this pony was. She put him down, recognizing that this is her sister's kingdom hero.

Gale tried to stand, but failed. It only resulted in agony and electricity sparking out of his skin. He could not stand for the time being. Celestia asked him what this unicorn's name was, just to be sure. To make sure she heard him clearly, he said his name "Flacon de Maladie."

Celestia also knew who that was... and despised at the words he spoke. She decided to bring him with her to be taken care of.

For a week, he was hospitalized until he could stand. Celestia came in to greet him once more to her castle. Gale thanked her for her kindness. Princess Celestia noticed that this pony is very special, like Twilight Sparkle, whom she'll know in the far future. Princess Celestia had asked him if he knew who Flacon de Maladie was. He did not, only that Flacon claimed to be Gale's grandfather. Celestia agreed that it's possible. His existence in Equestria is a threat to everyone who lived peacefully. She told Gale a lot about Flacon. Who he was and what he did, and what he planned to do. Gale Storm was more disappointed than he was curious about this unicorn. Flacon de Maladie is evil. Gale only shakes his head even today knowing that unicorn... Celestia also explained to Gale of his current situation. Apparently, he had developed the ability to generate energy and electricity... Gale asked if it was because of what was injected in him. Celestia said her scientists are convinced that it has been like that long before he had it in his system. Gale was curiouser and curiouser about his past than he ever used to... what is he?

With that aside, Princess Celestia really appreciated that he helped her sister's people greatly in their dark time, she offered him the title as Steward of Princess Luna's kingdom. He was stunned... he had never thought he could be given such an honor. He gladly accepted her offer...

10 years passed, Luna's kingdom had been peaceful since he's been Steward. He had shown great diplomacy with Canterlot's kingdom. Everything he came up with had been truly fair for both kingdoms. 10 good years... until Flacon de Maladie came back to finish what he started.

One night, out of nowhere, Flacon invaded Canterlot, crashing the main hall like a cannonball. Everyone from anywhere within 100 miles could have heard it. Gale was in Canterlot at the time... Flacon knew he was here and also looked to get two birds with one stone... Gale Storm and the Princess. Gale encountered Flacon once again, armed to the teeth... Gale's eyes were threatening enough to scare the mightiest dragon alive... Flacon never saw that look before... Flacon only smiled and said Gale would make the best heir to his ideal world. Gale Storm could care less... Flacon didn't care.. and went at him at fast velocity. Gale was prepared this time and countered Flacon's speed with his own wings. All of Canterlot's citizens were already awake and confused by what's been going on. Only flashling lines of two differently-colored lights were at it against each other at incredible speed.

Lightning against fire, Gale drew him away from Canterlot so that he could fight him without causing too many casualties. It worked. Gale had been practicing his new-found powers Celestia told him about for those ten years, and he learned a lot about himself and his past during that time... but Flacon knew more about the family tree, Gale missed a few branches from his parents. Flacon de Maladie was beating him, he had more experience with his powers than Gale did... Flacon was absolutely vicious, so Gale couldn't fight him back enough with the resolve he had... In fact, aside from the people of Luna's kingdom and Princess Celestia's, he never had anything more personal to fight for... no loved one, no parents... no siblings... Flacon was enjoying this beating... and told him in his face... "Once I'm done with you... I'm going after your baby brother and sister... your parents had been missing until I found them out yesterday, though the babies weren't with them, I got rid of those two... but right now, I'm having a very, VERY good time tonight!"

In Gale Storm's mind, he was happy to know he had two more siblings... He wanted to know them. He wanted to protect them... That resolve had increased tenfold.

"No..." Gale Storm said to Flacon de Maladie. "Not tonight. Not EVER!"

Power surged within him... he felt more rage than he did when he saw him... he blasted him out of his grasp. Flacon wavered... he scoffed, thinking that was a fluke... until he looked at Gale's face in shock.

Gale's face was now flooded, with what used to be dormant of, with rage, his brows furrowed in a cruel way you'd be scared of forever, and his mouth was gritted, baring his teeth like it was Flacon's last breath before he dies.

"You're going to regret everything you ever did... right... now." Gale rumbled the sentence. The second he said "now," he was already at top speed towards him. Flacon faltered in reacting after seeing Gale's resolve. Gale had him by the throat and headbutted him hard three times to disorientate the unicorn's magic casting. Gale flew up immediately, summoning the dark clouds.

"Lightning will clash..." Gale said to Flacon. Lightning clashed. Flacon shook his head. Unable to think of escaping. "Thunder will roll... Everything you have done will be judged here."

Thunder was felt from the air to the grounds near Canterlot.

"Lightning is clashing..." Gale said to Flacon. Lightning surrounded them nearly touching them many times. "No! What do you think you're doing?!" Flacon said out of confusion. Still unable to cast any spell.

"Thunder is rolling around you..." Gale said to Flacon, Gale closed his eyes... thunder growing louder and louder. Flacon screamed. "NO! STOP IT!"

"What you will see..." Thunder and lightning immediately stopped in unnatural timing in the dark clouds as Gale said the final line, opening his left eye that was flashing brightly in Flacom de Maladie's face... "... Will be the only thing to fear."

It was too late for Flacon to scream for mercy... Thousands of lightnings struck them both. Endless thunders vibrated ferociously around them. Celestia and her citizens were witnessing this dark cloud clashing within itself from a great distance... in awe of what's happening. Gale felt no pain from the lightning he's caused...

After a full minute, Gale slowly stopped... lightning and thunder died out. The dark clouds have dissipated... Gale flew down with his grandfather's unconscious body. It seems he's under a paralytic shock. He's also gone blind...

Flacon de Maladie had been defeated... Gale fell and laid on his back on the ground, tired from what had happened...

Princess Celestia had appeared before him eventually, seeing Flacon laying near him, still unconscious.

"You've had more resolve than you did before..." Princess Celestia said to him. "What has caused you more resolve, Gale Storm?"

Gale smiled weakly and softly spoke to her. "Siblings."

Finally, after 42 years of his life... he had developed his mark.

His mark portrays a gray cloud with lightning and energy crossed together, with a gale wind over and round the clouds.

Some days later, he had found out his parent had already passed away... however, he found his baby siblings.

One named Hail Storm, aged 2 years, an earth pony. And Snow Storm, aged 3 years, a unicorn.

He took them under his care in Luna's kingdom.

Flacon de Maladie's arrest was unknown to many ponies, because they never encountered him before. But Gale's heroism was displayed to all, all shown by Princess Celestia.

3 years afterwards, Twilight was already born. 2 years afterwards, Gale had already made a great reputation and dedication to the protection of her Majesty and her sister's people. He had been greatly honored the title as Duke of Canterlot. This was given to no one out of the royal tree until Gale Storm was given the title.

This has been Gale Storm's background story. From his beginning to the middle his of life. He's far from old, for he's no ordinary pony.

And now to Zed's troubling arc.

Somewhere far from Canterlot. The duke was on a personal mission to find the remaining relics of his grandfather, Flacon de Maladie. Flacon de Maladie had almost ruined Equestria's economy thrice in his lifetime. His grandson, Gale Storm, had been told that the remaining devices Flacon left around could leave a potential harm to the lands of Equestria, it would takes years for everything to go off so he had a lot of time to find them. He found 3 out of 8 devices, and disabled them... permanently.

Gale had returned to Canterlot, only to hear news of Zed in trouble...

Gale Storm immediately flew over to Princess Celestia's throne hall. The guards noticed him and moved aside and opened the doors quickly.

"Make way for the Duke of Canterlot! Make way!" The captain ordered.

Gale gave a quick salute to the captain in a way of saying thanks as he flew quickly by.

Princess Celestia was on her throne, obviously her face was showing a lot of worry for Zed and the others.

"Your Majesty... I have returned." He said, landing in front of her, then bowed. "What exactly happened to Zed?"

Darky wondered where orw hat was discord going to do. He sighed and looked around, finaly looking at Luna and laying bis head on her shoulder to rest for a while.

Luna smiled and allowed him to do that.

Lullaby sat and looked out of the window.

-----

Chrysalis smirked after seeing thw Angel under the unicorn's control. She stood up and went with them. "Yes?" She asked, smirking.

As the requested voice spoke, the unicorn redirected her gaze to it's owner. "He is ready for orders." She stated plainly. Yes, the angel was now under control. However he would remain under her control. He may get his orders from the royals but, she was his sole puppeteer in a way.

She had been in this line of work for a long time. She was not so stupid as to give full control to the Queen. No, she would act as their tethers. So, if they so wished to betray her they would ultimately lose the control over Zed.

Discord reappeared dressed like a carnival worker. "Ok everyone please keep hooves and wings inside the vehicle at all times." He said snapping his fingers conjuring roller coaster safety bars at each bench. Discord had turned the remaining train track to ponyville into a roller coaster with a drop leading into five barrel rolls followed by three loops before going up one more hill that drops into a massive loop then ending at the ponyville train station.

Seven gulped 'Whatever discord made can't be good' he thought as his mentally and physically prepared himself. 

--------------------------

Krulos smirked as he entered the chamber, the thing was already under their control. He  cleared his throat. "My queen" he started then side stepped. "May I present to you, King Sombra" He said proudly pointing towards said king.

"Gale! Good, you've arrived." Celestia said. She had been pacing back and forth in front of her throne, one of her subjects gently fanning her. "Three days ago, I sent Zed to Ponyville to deliver a message to Twilight, but he never made it. I was just recently informed that Chrysalis had captured him... I don't know how, but she plans on turning him against us, and using him to conquer Equestria..." She shook her head. "My son, along with Seven and Braveshield and the entire Lunar family have just left on a train to Ponyville, near where Zed was captured. If you leave now, you may be able to catch up with them."

---

"Oh no..." Solar said, quickly grasping the metal bar in front of him. "Discord, what are you..." He was interrupted when the train began picking up speed. He had only been on a roller coaster once in his entire life, and he hoped that it would be the last. Apparently not...

---

Zed looked up, his emerald eyes glowing for a few seconds, before going back to normal. He tried moving one of his arms, but to no avail. This was it... He was completely under their control. He stayed within his bindings, waiting for his orders.

Brave closed his eyes at the bright flash

He looked around seeing the benches transformed into roller coaster cars

"Oh no"

------

Sombra looked around and saw something he hasn't encountered yet

He examined the angel quickly before looking at the dark queen

"Hello chrysalis"

"I'll be needing my things." Gale Storm said to her, he turned and began his flight and looked back at her. "I'll be on my way as soon as possible. Good bye, Princess Celestia." He set course to his personal barracks somewhere in Canterlot to get some equipment ready. When he arrived, he noticed a new outfit made by Princess Luna's tailors... a gift? He changed clothes to take the new outfit. It felt more comfortable... it was designed for fast flight and combat... he didn't expect to fight until minutes ago when he was told about Zed's situation. He was glad to have this. He resumed grabbing his blades and changing eye patches. The eye-patch he wore before was just a regular, decorated patch... this special eye-patch concealed it's energy resonance. He isn't magical, but magic could detect him because of this.

Gale Storm got what he needed and left Canterlot's ground within 12 seconds. He couldn't fly this fast for way too long, otherwise his energy would have been expended immensely. His destination to Ponyville would've taken 6 minutes at top speed. This is enough energy for him to spend in order to rest a bit at Ponyville when the train arrives. He didn't need to follow the train, as it will eventually arrive to Ponyville.

He has dealt with the Changelings multiple times in his life. They were a troublesome enemy of the Royal Family. Queen Chrysalis had saw him 5 times in her life, she's only seen him leave behind a wreck of her previous plans to dominate the land. Gale Storm hadn't done any sabotage against her for 20 years. He may probably do it again. But, the trouble is... Zed could pose a problem if he were under a mind-control spell. Zed is like Gale's nephew. He left the worrying thought... he couldn't bother with the details, whether it happens or not.

Gale had arrived at the train station, and landed in line to get a ticket on the private train. The private train was only given to those with the royal insignia. Since he's the Duke of Canterlot, he got the ticket immediately and sat on a bench that was nearest to the private train's arrival point.

Now, he could only wait. He's tired from the fast flight... so, he rested for a while.

Lullaby sat beside Solar before the train transformed into a roller coster. She remembered when she and Solar where in one and giggled. "Hey, just like old times, ain't it?" She said smiling to him as she got ready.

"Oh dear..." Luna said as soon as she noticed the transformation. She hold on tightly to her seat and to Darky, mostly out of confusion.

Darky smiled and got ready for the fun!

-----

"Good, good." Chrysalis said smirking after the angel was ready. She knew the unicorn might had make him obedient, more to her than to Chrysalis herself, she understood and would do the same if she was in her place. "Now, open your eyes. Look at me." She said, testing the results.

After a moment she heard a changeling and turned around. "Oh, Sombra. Hm, had been a while." She said smirking to him.

"Do as she says." She mumbled with a nod to Zed and another click. The deep barratonic voice that sounded behind her making her jump. She hadn't been expecting. The mare had almost grown used to the hissing sounds of the buzzing Changelings. Her brows knitted together at the sight of the very large Unicorn. 'Must be the infamous Sombra.' She thought with mild interest.

She had never seen a Unicorn much less a pony that measured up to his size. Was those snake eyes and fangs? My what a sight he was. 'Would have been quite the attraction at the circus.' She noted with slightly more interest in the new comer.

Seven refrained form screaming but what in panic inside. "Find a happy place, find a happy place" he chanted to himself trying to calm himself down.

Krulos smirked and backed away to let to let the two talk.

Solar gripped the bar in front of him tightly, gritting his teeth. "Just like old--- YAHH!" He yelled as the train began speeding through the first set of barrel rolls.

---

At the sound of the click, Zed's eyes shot open and he looked up at Chrysalis. Only this time, rather than his usual annoyed death glare, there was only an expressionless look on his face, showing absolutely no emotion. He could think just fine, but he had no control over himself. Almost as if he were watching everything on a giant screen.

Brave cussed as he passed everypony on his way to the back of the car, where he was then pinned by the G's

------

Sombra smiled at her "indeed it has"

He walked halfway to her then stopped and took his scythe and set it down

The blade seamed to be sucking the light around it.

Darky smiled as the train moved like a game.

Luna hold on tight to his hoof, a but scared but because the surprise.

Lullaby smiled, "Woooo!!!" She said smiling.

----

Chrysalis smirked. "Now. Free him." She said to the changelings to release Zed.

Archived