Saving the Hero (See OOC)

Solar rolled his eyes at seeing Discord turning the trees into cotton candy, but before he could say anything, his last question made him hesitate. "Wait... you're right!" He said, thinking for a moment. "They can't use him if he is in too much pain, so he should be entirely useless. They couldn't have made another batch of the medication... Only Zecora knows the ingrediants." He rubbed his temples. "Discord, if you're still connected with the Hive mind, ask Zed how they plan on using him without the medication."

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thunder stayed quite just following gale and the rest

----

Brave kept looking around but swiveled his ears at the conversation every once in a wile

----

Sombra nodded and waited for the next step

The forest is now different than it usually looked inside... Everypony was treading on some dangerous terrain. Gale just noticed a deadly vine with poisonous thorns growing slowly near him. He avoided it and steered Thunder away from it as well. Gale had experiecend the bad mojo of this forest twice in his life. Well, now it's thrice. He learned a lot of things with Moss as he grew up surviving in the woods. He's glad he can make use of his skills in the forest. Though it has been a long time, he still knows the dangers when the forest takes its bad mojo into place.

"Okay... I believe I should take the lead on how to get through as safely as possible..." He said, being really concerned for everypony. "Thunder stay between me and Prince Solar. Prince Solar, you just tell me which direction we go, while I make the detour for the safest, fastest route possible. Perhaps you can help me as well, Discord? Anything you do would cheer things up around here... seriously, it's getting grimmer than it usually is right now."

"You ... are right. This place is getting darker and darker..." Darky said as he kept moving.

Lullaby turned to Discord as she petted him. "You are right, how will they use him is they dont have their medicine?" She said.

Luna nodded."Indeed you are right, but seeing she managed to do all this, I know Chrysalis must have a plan or that solved." She said calmly.

-----

Chrysalis turned to a changeling. "Tell me, did you brought those... 'medications' that 'angel' uses?" She asked, "I want to surprise those ponies when they arrive." She said smirking.

The changeling nodded and gave her the medicine. She didn't knew what it was, but she knew this was the medicine she was looking for. She had crafted this plan carefuly and was not willing to give it to the ponies so easily.

HooDoo watched with carful calculating eyes as the medicine was handed over to the Queen. She wasn't to sure about it. Whose to say that after the medicine  was given he wouldn't come to his senses and albiterate  them all? Then again it could have the opposite affect; tangling him more into her web of diliusions and soft lies.Better take extra precautions .  She thought as her horn slowly lit again. A faint light purple tendril slithered it's way over to Zed and seemingly disappeared into his forehead. "Hm. Might I warn to give small doses? Wouldn't want him coming to his senses completely." She spoke up from her spot.

~ The little filly winced at a needling sensation. It was one she got when she was being warned about something. Wonder what could it be this time? She scrambled to her hooves and nudged Zed with her head. "Hey, wanna see somethin' cool?" His crying was hard to listen to it really dampened her mood. It was her job to make him want to stay here and that slight jab meant she needed to try harder. She pawed the blackened abyss like ground as if she was trying to erase it. Surely enough the black was erased revealing a soft tuft of grass. "Think of your happy place." She commanded him. It was his mind after all. She could do nothing but lead him in directions...he was in control. Though it was probably best to keep that too herself.~

"I think I have just the trick." Discord replied to Gale. He pulled out a bubble wand and blew into it making a massive cloud of bubbles over the group that occasionally let a bubble fall onto them. "The bubbles are filled with a gas that instills any positive emotions onto anyone who breathes it." Discord explained to the group before turning to Solar. "I can see what I can do." He told the prince before rejoining the hive mind. 'Zed if you can hear this say something.'

Solar nodded and allowed Gale to move in front of them. He blinked as Discord produced a thick cloud of bubbles over them. "You couldn't have done that when we were on the train, rather than turning it into a roller coaster?" He said, rolling his eyes before the fumes he breathed in began to take effect. "But enough of that, let's just focus on getting to this hideout. Keep heading this direction, then a bit to the East after a mile or two."

---

Zed sighed heavily and wiped his eyes before staring at her in confusion. "Happy place?" He said, thinking for a moment. It didn't take him long to figure it out, because soon enough, the dark abyss was quickly replace with a shining sun and a cloudless blue sky. Twilight and all her friends were surrounding him and laughing playfully, along with Luna, Brave, Discord and... Thunder... They were all laughing at Zed because of his rainbow colored hair that he had somehow acquired.

"I... I remember this..." Zed said, the happiness of the memory washing through him. "This was when we were getting ready for a friend's concert in Canterlot... And Discord switched my shampoo with Rainbow Dash's." He chuckled as he ran his hands through his own hair, watching as Thunder walked up to him and hugged him tightly, complimenting how cute the rainbow colored hair made him look.

Thunder...

He blinked suddenly as he once again heard Discord's voice in the hive mind. 'I told you to take everyone and leave! Why are you still coming?' He demanded.

Thunder was walking with everyone when suddenly she stopped dead

[inside zeds head]

The thunder that was seen by the filly vanished to her and became nothing more than a whisp of air before she could be identified

Thunder backed off zed and looked around in confusion "what the?....where am I-" her eyes then fell on zed and she takled him "zed!"

[back with the group]

Thunder stood there like a statue

----

brave didn't notice thunder cause he was too busy seeing idle the bubbles were actually working

----

Sombra squinted and looked at zed

Something shifted about him but when he tryed to use his own hive mind he was met by a barrier

"Chrysalis I think something shifted in zeds consence but I can't tell"

Gale was doing fine so far with leading them through the forest as Solar gave directions. The bubbles... was one way to alleviate the dangers.

"The effects of the forest's bad mojo took 2 weeks to end." He explained to them. "This is my third time experienc--" He was interrupted when he realized Thudner wasn't right behind him.

He turned around to see her. He only saw that she was suddenly immobile. As if like a statue.

"Thunder..." He said a bit worriedly. "What's wrong? You couldn't have touched anything dangerous."

"Wooo bubbles!" lullaby said when she noticed the bubbles. She giggled a bit and looked around.

Darky looked around also and noticed Thunder was not moving. "Uhmmm... is that normal?" He asked.

Luna turned to her. "Looks like she is in some kind of trance. I dont know how saddly."

-----

Chrysalis turned to Sombra. "Really?" She tried to get to Zed, but she was also blocked. She then turned to HooDoo. "I will keep that in mind but I think there is something going up in Zed's mind." She said.

HooDoo's ears twitched at the sudden image before it vanished. What was? She let out  a sigh an opened her closed eyes. "Yes, I felt something as well." She replied getting up from her spot and walking closer to Zed. She watched intently for any signs of facial changes. Something was up and she would find out what it was.

~Her eyes were wide with excitement as the black vanished revealing such a colorful seen. "Woah!" She exclaimed as she noticed the other's about. Never before had she seen this many ponies and....She froze taking in the sight of Discord. There wasn't much she was afraid of but, Discord was one of them. The thought of entering his mind was crazy talk! Never under any circumstances would she attempt that. Just the thought was sure to drive her insane. Good thing it was just a memory and not the real deal. Her eyes locked unto the mare that hugged Zed before she vanished. Odd...that wasn't something that happened often. "So, these are all your friends?" Her tone was innocent.~

Discord grinned he had expected Zed to respond as such. 'Zed do you think you can tell me how they plan to use you to take equestria?' He asked through the hive mind while he followed the group.

Solar stopped and stared in confusion when Thunder suddenly stopped in front of him. "Um... Thunder?" He asked, moving around and waving a hoof in front of her face. This was... rather odd. "No... This isn't normal..." Solar replied to Darky. "I think... I think someone might have to carry her. She's literally not budging a single muscle."

---

Zed froze for a moment when he suddenly saw Thunder, and backed up a bit when she suddenly ran up and hugged him. "T-Thunder...?" He said in a low voice, before suddenly realizing that the filly couldn't see her. It was rather peculiar, but he didn't care how it worked. "You... you're in my head..." He said. As much as he hated himself for bringing her here, he was glad that she was in his arms once again. He looked back at the filly and nodded a bit nervously. "Yeah... These are my friends." He said, running his fingers through his rainbow-colored hair, Twilight and all of her friends still laughing playfully.

Once again, he heard Discord's voice through the Hive mind. 'Most likely, they'll try and take over Ponyville first, since it isn't as guarded. Listen, take everyone and leave. Please. If any of you try to stand up to me while I'm under Chrysalis's control...'

"what?" brave said turning to see that she was indeed frozen "great" he said ears drooping

----

sombra sat there wondering what was going on with the angel

-----

thunder held him tight "yes im here zed" she then backed off "are you hurt at all?" she said worry in her eyes.....and....she seamed more focused here

Darky used his magic to teleport where Thunder was and put him on his back before teleporting back to where Luna, Lullaby and Discord were. "Don't worry, I will carry her." he said smiling

Luna smiled and nodded. "I will make sure she stays fine." She said smiling.

-----

Chrysalis stood up and went with HooDoo. "What ever it is, we better deal with it fast. This might be bad for us." She said,

HooDoo nodded not breaking the stare she had on Zed. "I'm looking into the matters now." She reassured the Queen. Whatever it was she would root it out soon. This didn't happen often so, it was intrguing none the less. However, she couldn't shake that nagging feeling she had that something or more accuratly somepony was now in his head with her.

~The filly trotted closer to Zed passing right through the image of Twilight as if it wasn't really there. Her eyes were still light with wonder however her grin seemed to lose a bit of it's childish wonder. "Is there anything else you like?" She sat down infront of him."Anypony?" She asked with slight glance at he empty space next to him before looking him back in the eyes.~

'how can you? You don't have you medicine hence you can't cast your magic. So how do they plan to use you if you can't be used?' Discord asked Zed while he followed the group. He noticed Darkly carrying Thunder and didn't know what was going on. "What happened to her?"

Solar smiled and nodded at Darky as he picked Thunder up and began to carry her. "Good..." He said, carefully running a hand through his yellow mane. "Zed would kill us if anything bad happened to her... Not like anything bad will happen, of course."

---

"No... I'm fine." He whispered, glancing for a moment at the space next to him, before looking back at the filly. He nervously bit the inside of his cheek as she began to approach, and noticed that her smile seemed to... change a bit. At her question, his heart thudded loudly within his chest and he clenched his fists, moving a bit closer to where Thunder was. "I might. Why?" He asked.

'The unicorn that hypnotized me... eh... HooDoo! That was her name. I don't know how, but she managed to ease the pain in my shoulders. It might be a trick of the mind, though. Also, Thunder is in my head, and I'm pretty sure HooDoo is starting to suspect it. Is she all right? Is she acting strangely at all?'

Thunder didn't not like this pony and moved closer

"This is the work if hoodoo" a voice echoed around thunder

She looked at zed but saw he did not hear her

(So what do I do) thunder thought

"You need to relive the pain in his back he may not feel it but it's there preventing him from harming hoodoo and regaining control of his body" the voice explain to thunder

(And how am I......oh right)

She walked next to zed and leaned in his ear

"I know it's not the time but can I give you a back rub?" Thunder asked

Thunders body went limp on darkys lap

----

Brave smiled at darky

(Always sweeping mares off there feet) he thought before getting back in line

He could feel they were close

Darky smiled and just carried her as they advanced.

Luna was making sure Thunder was safe while Lullaby made some spells on her in case something happened. She had to keep her safe.

-----

"Alright." Chrysalis said as she went back to her throne. "Tell me when you had solved it." She said to HooDoo

HooDoo gave not a single indication she heard the Queen other than a twitch from her cream colored tail. She closed her eyes listening through the connection she had to Zed's mind. A thudding could be heard. His heart-rate seemed to grow faster. Must've hit on something there. There had to be some else in there. The question was who? Another hypnotist perhaps? Not likely. Not many delved into this sort of magic. Could be the work of Discord? No...he wouldn't be this subtle about it. Sigh. She would have to find a way to push this unknown pony from his head.

Perhaps a touch of fear would work.

~ "Just curious is all." The filly replied with a sweet smile getting comfortable in her spot on the ground. Zed looking at the supposed empty space beside caught her attention. Though she gave no indication that she did see it. Strange. "What's she like? I bet she is really pretty." She questioned with curiosity laced into her voice. The laughing of others slowly getting quieter almost as if the sound was being lowered.

Archived