Saving the Hero (See OOC)

Brave saw the amount of changelings and put his sword and shield back

He then jumped up and charged the swarm

"Agh!" He yelled heading for the one that looked like the leader

Now to anypony that didn't really know brave they would thing he's getting h self killed

Witch is exactly what he's doing but just watch

----

The scythe turned towards the unicorn and stopped humming

Sombra looked over and made a sharp whistle sound making the weapon fly to him and sit next to him on his right

He then turn to chrysalis "my the entire lunar family and they're captain" sombra shook his head "luna luna luna I thought you would know better.....and.....is that discord?"

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Changelings did not respond. In fact, they were getting more aggressive. The leader seemed to be in the middle of the group.

"Why would the Queen waste her soldiers like this... ?" Gale asked himself... He backed off to regroup.

Already noticing Brave heading in, Gale had a pretty good idea what he was going to do, and had great confidence in his skills.

"Try not to wreck their leader, I'm more worried about him than you!" He said to him.

He then regrouped with the company. "They won't listen... also, they seem too weak to even stall us." He said to them. "Could she have tried to buy time or... !"

Gale finally got the idea of what the Queen is planning. She was using her soldiers to analyze their power... it was the only reasonable thing he could think of. It isn't a waste of resources for her if she could see how they fight.

"Everypony, I know what this is." Gale said to the group, all ready to battle. He too was ready, but not with complete resolve. "She plans to see how we fight... it's all up to you to decide on whether you want to reveal your combat skills."

He spread his wings and knelt. "I plan to not use all of my skills against them. So, their leader is in the middle."

He waited for everypony else to charge.

"I see." Darky said after Gale said all that. It made sense they would do that. He noticed Brave charging in and sighed. He took his shield and sword and also charged forward.

Luna made a barrier around her and Lullaby. "If any pony gets hurt get here. My daughter will take care of it." She said.

Lullaby nodded.

-----

Chrysalis turned to Sombra. "What an interesting group." She said. Then sat in her throne and used her hive mind to keep herself updated at the battle.

An eyebrow quirk at Krulos.

"Is there a problem, General?" He disposition was calm and mild. Maybe she was to quick to compliment his wits. It was quite possible that he had s screw loose. Changelings were odd. With a quick glance at her charge she could see he was still complacent. Good. This made her job easier. She studied his eyes closely, searching for any signs of a stir. None yet. 'Mm. Wonder if 'It' has found him yet?'

~ Deep within the mind scape of the Angel's mind a shadowy lump slunked about watching as the creature sobbed. 'Oh! How strange it has two legs!' The figure thought excitedly as it skittered closer to it's prey. This was new! This was odd! Oh, it had been so long since the last mind. "Why ya cryin'?" The lump appeared to be a snaggled tooth filly. One that looked frighteningly like HooDoo. Her mane was thick and wispy it almost hid her horn. Her eyes were wide and curious.~

Discord charged after Braveshield after hearing what Gale had said. He was spraying changelings with bug spray, slapping them with a flyswater and kicking them into portals while screaming "THIS! IS! EQUESTRIA!"

Seven sighed, 'I could use a pair of wings' he groaned in his mind, but readied himself.

Krulos looked at HooDoo, "Commanding" he quickly said. "Chargeing into battle, most interesting" he commented. he thought for a second before commanding; "Platoon 1 & 2, spread out greatly and force them into the open and blast them form there, Platoon 3, attack Princess luna and her daughter, be sure to avoid the red suit pony. I will be there shortly" he quickly command before adjusting his armor and whistled. Then his pet wasp, Hammerhead quickly landed on his soldier. "We will continue this later" he said to HooDoo before teleporting to ponyville. He found himself hovering over the train station. He smirked, 'this should be fun' he though as he observed the battle

------------------

A changeling soldier quickly saws Braves advance and Shot a burst a magic at his direction.

"Wait!" Solar yelled, running out. "Gale's right, we can't fight them. If they find out how we fight, then they'll be ready next time! We can't give our techniques away!" However, he did not think Brave heard him, and he gritted his teeth. "Damn it!"

---

Zed had his face hidden in his hands, the tears soaking through his fingers. At the sudden voice, he looked up, his face wet. He stared curiously at the creature, taking note how it looked strangely similat to HooDoo. He rubbed his eyes and shook his head. "It's over... It's all over, but why am I still hurting?" He said.

Gale disagreed with Solar.

"If we don't, we'll risk Ponyville being in danger." He said to him. "That's not an option we should consider. What am I'm trying to suggest is to subtly show as little power as possible, fool them to think that's all we've got. You have to show it like you mean it."

Gale waited to hear what he had to say, he couldn't wait any longer because the enemy is aproaching closer.

"What is your command?" Gale asked.

Darky got his sword ready only and rushed ti battle the enemy. He was not going to show them his skill with the shield.

Luna made the barrier stringer after seeing that a group of changelings went after her and her daughter.

"Brave!" Lullaby said after seeing that a changeling fired a beam against Brave.

-----

Chrysalis used her hive mind to see what was Krulos watching.

With an indifferent shrug she settled on the tiled ground. There wasn't much to do now accept maybe listen in on her 'allies'. She studied the two taller beings as they conversed. Sombra's enchanted sycthe was something to be wary of. It seemed to have a mind of it's own and that didn't sit well with the mare. She would just continue to observe them watching their reactions.

~The little filly looked over him quizzically, searching for any signs of wounds. Nope! Nothing. "Hurt? What hurts?" The brown-coated female clamoured into his lap and stared at him in wonder. Her tiny hooves placed on his chest to get a closer look. This weird two legged pony claimed to be hurt. However she saw no wounds about him. Maybe he was just a crybaby....~

Discord heard Solar but knew something needed to be done. So instead of using his more powerful magic spells, he used his magic to trick the changelings into attacking each other, falling into traps and overall confuse them. But at one point he became curious. He took a changeling and opened his head like a jar and took out its brain. He then opened his own head an flopped the changeling brain inside. 'you have something of ours' he spoke through the hive mind to chrysalis

Krulos sighed, he wasn't the type of commander to willingly sacrifice his soldiers, but the queen obviously outranked him. 'Might as well have someone fun with this' he thought before an unknown voice entered his head. Krulos growled, and quickly turned and fired a semi-powerful shot at the draconequus. He then then turned his attention to Princes Luna and Lullaby. "Well well, who we have here?" he asked rhetorically as he hovered over there barrier. "Princess Luna and lullaby? you will make fine trophies when this is all over" He wickedly said. 

Seven took notice of the changeling's apparent avoidance of him. 'They must be avoiding me so they can allocate more troops to get the others' he accessed. He then noticed a group of changelings heading towards Luna and Lullaby he charged his eye slugger and got ready to throw.

"Okay... I think they understand." Solar said, before noticing the Changeling moving towards Luna and Lullaby. "Nope!" He yelled, charging towards him. A small sparkle of light could be seen dancing at the tip of his horn, before he fired a bright blue laser. "Not today!"

---

Zed leaned back a bit as the filly climbed into his lap, and he wiped his eyes. "N-nothing." He said, shaking his head. "I don't want to talk about it. I doubt you would understand anyway." He said, standing up. He began to pace back and forth, but he was no longer crying at least. He blinked when he suddenly heard a rather familiar voice in his head. "Discord?" He spoke in the hive mind. "Is that you?"

Before Solar could even fire, Gale was already flying at full velocity against the group.

He curled like a ball spinning fast, smacked into them like a bowling ball would against bowling pins.

With enough distance, he would have hurt the lot of them, but it wasn't enough considering they were just meters away.

After driving through them, he uncurled himself and kicked the leader in the side. He definitely felt contact from his leg to his side.

But, again, without enough distance, his kicking power was weakened a lot. It hurt, but not enough to make it crippling.

After hitting the leader, he flew back and hovered over Luna and Lullaby, allowing Solar to fire at will.

"Not tomorrow, and not ever!" He said after Solar Flare.

Luna smiled after they did that. "Thanks guys." She said .

Lullaby sighed and hugged Luna. She felt better after the two others fought the changelings.

Darky charged against the rest of the group and brought them down only using hi sword.

-----

"Discord..." Chrysalis said after hearing his voice in thr hive mind.

'Heh. How low you went.' She said to him trough her hive mind.

She met the stallion's eyes, as his stare started to bore into her. There she held it with a contempt almost a defiant gleam shinning in the them. What was he trying to prove? That he could intimidate a mare clearer smaller than him? Hmph. That bearting he took from those other ponies must have hit him pretty hard. However, her attention was drawn from him to the Queen.

~The tiny creature tumbled backwards when he got up. "Umph." She quickly scrambled to her hooves and followed after him as he paced. "Hey you!" She bounced in between his steps in an attempt to get his attention. Who did this Thing think he was? Coming in here and tramping all around like it was no pony's business. This was her place! Well, technically it was 'his' but, she wouldn't tell him that..." You-You listen to me!" She wrapped her hooves around his leg in an attempt to get to stop walking, though proceeded to be dragged in the process.~

Discord chuckled at Chysalis' remark.

'Thats High and mighty coming from a kidnapping Succubus.' He replied. Discord was surprised to hear Zed and was about to respond when a magic blast went through Discord's chest leaving a gaping hole. He turned to the changeling who shot him. "Excuse me. I'm trying to have a conversation here." He said filling in the hole with a brown marker.

Krulos grunted as his shot had no effect. He quickly disabled his hive mind before he could hear anymore form discord. Before he do anything he felt a hoof connect to his side. he was pushed back a few feet but easily regained himself. He quickly turned to see his attacker, it was that duke. He smirked, "was that suppose to hurt?" he taunted as he barely noticed a magic blast bounce off his chest plate , while the kick did hurt to him, his many years in combat allowed him to ignore pain easily. 

As soon as Gale was out of the way, a large beam erupted from Solar's horn. "Hey, Gale. Check it out. I'm a-firin' mah lazer!" He jokingly yelled. It definitely was not his strongest attack, but it was definitely enough to take out most of the Changelings in the group... Aside from the ones that dived out of the way just in time. "Stay here." He said to Luna and Lullaby, before flying towards the leader, charging up another laser attack. "You! Where are you keeping him?!" He demanded.

---

Zed nearly tripped when the little filly latched onto his legs, but he ignored her. As glad as he was to talk to Discord again, the excitement was not to last. "Discord... Take everyone and leave. Don't try to save me, it's too late." He said, letting out a heavy sigh. "It... wasn't going to last anyway, this family thing." With that, he disconnected himself from the Hive mind. He looked down at the little filly still attached to his legs. "Look, is there something you want? What are you doing here?"

Brave ran right into a spear it pierced his heart

(Damn this still hurts every time) he thought as he desintagrated into a shadow

The changeling holding the spear gave a look of shock then was parilized as the shadow touched its hoof

-----

Sombra didn't see his scythes interest in the unicorn so he turned away from her

Although his scythe was still turned to her

Obviously Gale knew it wasn't supposed to hurt... as expected, the leader was talking back. Good distraction.

"It wasn't." He said simply. Before Solar fired, he went back further and further. Solar told him a laser joke, Gale could only smile, since he was busy doing a maneuver.

Just after Solar fired, enough distraction was made for Gale to come back with enough power. Gale already turned and repeatedly flapped his wings hard and fast, boosting his speed two times faster than the last flap as he went toward Krulos.

Letting momentum take over, he spun horizontally, like as if he were break-dancing, he was spinning just as fast as he did in the bowling technique. He hit Krulos right in the side, again. His leg felt a crunch, and it felt convincing enough for Gale that his armor's been dented. Gale's momentum pushed him down to the ground, creating an impact. Gale kicked off of his body, just noticing he's obviously a dedicated combatant, which would mean he's used to pain.

It wasn't supposed to kill him or anything... He only meant to knock him down further after that taunt.

"That probably hurt... Probably." He said. "He's all yours now, Prince Solar, I'm going after the other ones to help Darkness."

And so he did. He noticed Brave had made contact with one changeling that looked paralyzed. He considered for an opportunity to help him whenever he can, just in case he will need help.

He flew after Darkness and followed him, waiting to see what he'll do next.

Darky was rushing a team of changelings as he went from cover to cover between the buildings. Once he was close, he used his sword to bring them down.

Lullaby noticed Discord and used her magic to help him. Another magical marker appeared, this one blue, and when she finished, Discord had a small blue heart wher he had his wound. Lullaby giggled at her work.

-----

Chrysalis noticed what Lullaby did to Discord and chuckled. "You know Discord, that fits you perfectly." She said trough her hive mind to him. She then laughed.

~ She beamed up at Zed. "Yesh!" Her snaggeled grin yielding a slight lisp. She realsed her hold onto his legs and got to her hooves. Her chest was slightly puffed out in a proud manner. Finally he was listening to her. "You let me in your head silly." She giggled at his question as if he should already know the answer. "So, I'm here to look around see what's going on." She was actually a mere personified version of HooDoo's Magic.

Archived