Lyi's RP Family :)

Lyipheoryia

Storm, that not very optimistic.  I'm sure that, if you try hard enough, WoE will be okay.  Hawkeye is willing to help you, so you might want to go through some pm's with him to further develop your character.  You can't just quit because you think you're not good enough-you haven't even tried yet.  Not for this character, at least.  That's not a good attitude to carry in life, online or not-don't be a quitter-YOU CAN DO IT!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please critique me until this is fit for WoE.  RDD, especially you.

Name: Marine Beryllium

Sex: Male

Species: Crystal Pony

Eye colour: Blue with a tint of sparkly silver.  By first glance, his eyes give an aura of suspicion, sly ability, and a judging look.  He is nearsighted, often squinting to see faraway objects.  His judging, inspector-quality glances are a result of his job finding valuable gems in the Crystal Mines.  His eyes always seem to shimmer and twinkle,

Coat: Turquoise.  It might have looked nice, once upon a time, but his constant contact with dust and grime in the mines have left it looked matted and it's colour faded.  He used to wash it everyday, only to get it dirty the next day at work again.  Eventually, he gave up and let the pale colour signify his hard work.  His coat shimmers with a silver quality, a tinted variant of the Crystal Pony qualities.

Mane/Tail: His mane and tail are both short and silver.  He has gray streaks along his mane, but are cleverly hidden by its already silver state.  His tail is short and messy, while his mane is cropped and combed neat.  Both are straight, and both seemingly always dirty with dust.  

Physique:  He is the average height for a stallion, but very strong and buff.  He is very humble, preferring to have internally pride at his hard-earned muscles than to flaunt them at mares.  He doesn't look his age, but he never brags about it.  He is very careful and precise, proving to be a klutz if he goes too fast.

Residence:  The Crystal Empire

Occupation:  Gem Quality Inspector of the Crystal Mines, and miner if an employee is absent from work

Cutie Mark:  A neon turquoise ring that circles around two crystals of red beryl.  Silhouettes of a pickaxe and chisel are crossed over the ring.  The ring represents his heritage and pride as a Crystal Pony, the colour of the ring matching the colour of the beloved Crystal Heart.  His life will forever be within the Crystal Empire, his heart patriotic to his home.  The red beryl represents his keen eye for spotting irregularities-especially rare gems amongst the crystals of the mine.  His insight to detail and precision is adapted to his job, his cutie mark signifying his destiny at his occupation.  The pickaxe and chisel are symbols of mining; his cutie mark forever dedicating him to the natural habitat and beauty of the gems.  

Marine had always been the quiet, studious type.  He loved to research and learn-always curious about nature and, of course, gems.  As a young colt, and an older one, he had an unwavering aspiration to become a librarian.  He thought to become studied in the fields of gemology, and to spend his time learning more within the mounds of books in the library.  He also loved reading, fiction or not-and he hoped to spread that joy into the hearts of other ponies.  But, all that changed after he received his cutie mark.  His place was clearly within mines, not libraries.  His life clearly involved gems, not books.  His job as clearly to be learned in his heritage, not learning about other heritages.  Needless to say, he felt more than defeated on the day he got his cutie mark.  

His father was a keen believer that cutie marks were direct representations of fate, and enrolled him to work in the mines.  Surprised at how much he loved the job, he began to truly enjoy his destiny.  He leveled up the ranks incredibly fast, but eventually settled for his current occupation-growing to love his cutie mark

History:  Born to Crystal Mine heirs Shining Beryl and Aqua Marine, Marine had a relatively rich childhood.  He was never short of money, but was never spoilt, either.  The day Marine was born, Aqua had been in the middle of a very important meeting.  He was attending to the ambassadors that came directly from Canterlot Royalty themselves, and never imagined his wife giving birth the same time he was gone.  Unfortunately, Marine’s mother died in foalbirth, and his father never truly forgave himself for not being there for her.  He drove himself into his career, leaving little time for colt Marine to spend with daddy.  Aqua was also an old-school stallion, believing that strict schooling let to perfect colts.  He never did give Marine much of a social life, and detested how much time his son spent at the local library instead of studying.  Despite being a pushing, overbearing father, he carried love for his son.  He always made sure to take time off work for any special occasions to spend with Marine, and tried to keep the weekend relatively free for them to spend time together.

After Marine gained his cutie mark, he began working in his father’s mine.  The mine began to prosper much more than it originally had under the hoof of Aqua, and began to gain fame all over Equestria.  When he legally became an adult, his father transferred all power over the mine to him.  Marine worked hard, treated his employees well, established many connections, and began falling in love with his childhood friend.  They began dating, and he proposed after Aqua saw her fit to enter the Marine family.  Between his wife, his job, and the new children they were expecting, Marine’s life suddenly demanded attention.  His optimistic demeanor started to fade from his exterior, and a shield of work and even more work replaced his once-youthful looks.

His son, Dawn Leaves was born a few months after his sudden personality change.  He had separated himself into his career face, and his family face.  Where his true self lay, nopony knew.  His career face was stubborn, harsh, and cold.  It could fire a lazy employee in a glance and award another in a split secnd.  His family face was the same, but it contained traces of love, kindness, and loyalty to his breed.  He loved his colt and wife, but prefered to keep the strong feeling internal.  He was no longer a showhorse, he meant what he did.  Instead of rotating the world, he started to let it rotate him.  He let everything evolve, and he just did his job in a kind pattern: everyday, everytime.  

His filly, Sapphire Crystal was born a few years after his colt.  She was bright and hopeful, much like him as a colt.  She reminded him of himself, which only led to an even greater relationship between the two.  He started warming up to his family just a bit more, saving most of his general unpleasantness for strangers and those that did not know him.  When the King took over the beloved Crystal Empire and started turning his kind into slaves, he began to fear for his family.  They lived in paranoia for a few years, leaving home as little as possible, save for work.  After the King was defeated, they were cast into shadows for a thousand years.  And for a thousand years, nopony knew what became of them.

Fortunately a new Princess rose up and helped raise them from the shadows.  With help from reaches of Equestria, he and his family began to fit back into society.  Long gone was the fear from their faces, now replaced with new hope.  Be resumed his job in his mine, but decided to change positions from “Owner and Manager” to “Gem Quality Inspector of the Crystal Mines”.  He was no longer as young as he once was, and no longer as enthusiastic for work.  Now, he takes care of his children, faces occasional flashbacks from times when the King took over, adores his wife, and spends less of a time working then he used to.  He wants to appreciate his family and everything they had gone through together.  He wants to show them that he loves them through and through, and that he will do anything for them.  But, for now, his stoic face and personality has taken a tol on his role as father.  He hopes to someday resume the role he never really was, and do everything he wanted to do for his family.

Character Summary:  Marine has a carefully crafted shield, filled with coolness, stubborn pride, harshness, and general unpleasantness.  However, once past that, he becomes a soft-hearted, relatively pleasant fellow.  He has a very stubborn, persistent, yet resilient character-which might take onto the bad side, sometimes.  He is strong-willed and stern, rarely wavering on his opinions.  He doesn’t talk a lot unless it involves gemology, but it also proves he knows when to keep his muzzle shut.  His hoofsteps are heavy, signifying the physical labour he endures in the mines.  He cares very much for those he loves, although he does not show it externally.  He prefers to keep things inside, displaying a stoic, expressionless face.  He is a loyal, trustworthy friend that will never fall back on his words.  He is dedicated to his cause, and is a great patriot to the Crystal Empire.  He doesn’t like change too much, and it takes a long time for him to adapt to it.  He tries not to get personal in most affairs, but often develops his own-silent-opinions and commentary.  

He loves his life, his family, and his friends-but he sometimes feels inadequate to them.  Of everypony he knows, he finds himself the least couragous and most afraid.  He rarely speaks up for himself, convinced that whatever situation he’s in isn’t worth the bother.  He tried very hard not to become a doormat, but often finds himself as one, anyways.  He wants to become braver, to put his clever analytical mind to use.  He wants to not be afraid of change, and to morph with the environment around him.  He wants to grow with his children, and not be so stubborn and insistent in the “old ways”.  He want to be brave-but he’s afraid.

Sorry for the double post.  If you guys don't mind, I am going to post my character application now in WoE.  I will continue to aid in developing characters, and we can hopefully have an rp family-all characters approved in WoE or CC soon!

Hi guys! Sooo I remember messaging with you about this Lyi, and I'm still up for having a character in the family :) As long you you're still cool with it ;)

I have my newly approved crystal pony, Shining Moment completed and I think she may be a good fit. What you guy think?

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/21386-shining-moment-ready/#entry558315

Another update on me: I'm actually thinking about doing a complete rehaul on my character...I sort of lost interest in my old idea. But he won't be completely different, just a different name, color scheme, and minor personality changes. I'll get an app for him up soon, hopefully a Ready one. :)

Gonna post this here mostly for my own reference, so I can work on it later.

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Cobalt Flash

Sex: Male

Species: Crystal Pony

Eye Colour: Bright blue

Coat: Greyish-blue

Mane/Tail: A lighter blue than his eyes, but not pale. His mane is short, styled to spike upwards, though some strange do occasionally fall down by his face. 

Physique: Cobalt has an impressive build due to his love of sports, having just the right balance of speed, strength, and stamina.

Residence: Crystal Empire

Cutie Mark: A shining silver trophy

History: 
Character Summary:

Hawk-would you mind posting the app as (WIP) in WoE like RDD?  Anyways, thanks for working on your character :)

Parry, Storm-How are you guys doing?

I'm fine.

Archived