Intro-Outro

Lyipheoryia

When people sign up and never show up again or participate in any forum.  When people sign up and make an introduction thread, then take an outro and never show up again or participate in any forum.  WHYYYY~?

It happens.

My best guess is people have a habit of signing up on sites when they arrive, before they've had a chance to check it out very much, and after signing up, decide it isn't for them.  Happens on about every site i've been on, and have been guilty of it a couple times.

I almost never do that.  I might blindly sign up for a sight after a minute or two of looking at it (as I did here), but I stay loyal to what I commit to.  Interesting explanation, though.

Usually people look for something that interest them.

And interests here aren't the same, I believe.

I mean, I haven't played a game with anyone here. Like League of Legends, Garry's Mod, or something else.

Maybe they're looking for gamers, maybe it's too mature or intelligent for them, I don't know. It's a matter of interest.

Personally, I wouldn't want to have so many people join here just because. That's like Markiplier setting up a website for his fans, and that would attract a lot of troublesome trolls and the bad people.

We get a few trolls here, so I like how it is right now.

I've had this happen to me with threads here sometimes: I'll start to look for new threads as my current threads conclude or end up inactive, and then all of a sudden a bunch of people will start posting in threads I'd thought were abandoned.  While I've yet to be truly overwhelmed, it can be a little tricky catching up with all of them.  I can also say there are at least a couple threads which I've stopped posting in because what I was getting out of them was no longer worth the effort of keeping them going.

Why do I say this?  Because I think at least a large section of the people who join then quit before they do anything, do so because they encounter something like these.  Either they think they have a lot of free time, and then days later they find out they don't for whatever reason, or they sign up thinking they'll join, take a look and then conclude that actually the effort needed to really get involved is greater than the enjoyment they'd get out of it.

While I find it a little sad to see the basically empty accounts, all things considered I don't really mind it.  They aren't really hurting anyone else by doing that, and the board seems to have a fairly stable population overall.

Either they think they have a lot of free time, and then days later they find out they don't for whatever reason

I can relate to this one.

In fact, I have welding classes coming up soon.  This is something I knew when I joined here.

What I didn't know was that while in these classes, I MAY not have internet.

Until I know for sure, I've avoided joining RP threads.  Don't want to start something, only to have to abandon it.  It's possible I may not be active here much longer.  BUT chances are, in 18 weeks, i'll be back.  Lets see who remembers me.

• 5 weeks later...

Some people might like crazy activity like you'd find on the MLP Forums. I preferred the activity here-- Active enough to be worth logging in consistently, but not so much that you're nothing more than a face in the crowd.

To be blatantly obvious, I signed up here without much more than thirty seconds of judging the site aesthetics. Then I was all like "It's roleplay and I've been itching for roleplay... Might as well"

Might also be worth mentioning that the person who is at fault for my being here has, what, thirteen posts? Yeh. Goes to show that even an in-and-out person can still contribute in a way :P

Archived