My Friends need Your Friends as Friends!

Zeig

Been a while since I did one of these, but I recently added a handful of new characters to my roster. So I'm just going to dump them all into the same planning thread instead of making separate ones for each. Concise and efficient! For those of you that don't know, I like to plan some relationships for new characters before I start RPing them. That way, the character feels much more engrained in the RP community rather than being a complete stranger to every single character he or she meets.

Here are the characters up for relationship planning:

Fabled Archives - Grew up in Maretonia on one of the noble islands, belongs to a noble house. Sometimes visited the mainland of Maretonia. After entering adulthood, Arc very briefly visited Equestria before moving to Unyasi to settle in with a Zebra tribe.

CT - Grew up in Canterlot and lived there most of her life. Travels a little bit now, but mostly to major cities where she might get discovered. Otherwise stays in Canterlot.

Ori - Was born across the sea before his family moved back into Aquelia, settling in the Tarpans. Never had any other Chamroshes or foals to play with, so he grew up very reserved and solemn. He's recently been taking trips into griffon cities and some ponies cities with his father, though the pony cities have so far only been along the desert edge.

Lani - A Gallopocus native, she's lived on Thunderhooves Island her entire life. Recently traveled to Equestria to do some sight-seeing.

Dawnguard - Grew up in Stalliongrad before moving to Canterlot to start REA training. Currently holds the rank of Pvt. First Class and spends most of his time in Canterlot, though he travels depending on where he is sent to.

Like all my other characters, I find that a foalhood friend/rival/frenemy is always a good relationship to have, so that's a potential relationship for all of these characters (except Ori, he has no friends d'aw). If you're interested in your character being a foalhood friend, then that brief summary up above is for you, to tell you where and how my characters grew up.

As always, I'm just going to list out some relationships I think would be fun or beneficial for my characters to have. I'm not limited to only these ideas, so please, if you have your own idea for a type of relationship your character could have to one of mine, feel free to respond here or send me a PM. I promise I don't bite. Much.

Roommates/Bunkmates (CT, Lani, Dawnguard) - Self-explanatory. Roommates or bunkmates could have a negative or positive relationship with my characters if you want, but in all three cases, my characters would probably push for a positive relationship. Lani, especially, would want a place to stay during her Equestria tour, but she wouldn't stay with someone she didn't like. For Dawnguard, bunkmates would also be in the REA and be similarly ranked to him, and they'd all probably be buddy buddy.

Rescuer/Tribespony (Arc) - I imagine Arc got into a spot or two of trouble, traversing through the wilds of Unyasi to seek out old civilizations. A zebra from the tribe he's staying with, or even just another adventurer who happened to be in the right spot and the right time, could have saved him from some sort of situation, perhaps even several times.

Sibling-esque (Ori, Arc) - A character that mine would view in an almost sibling manner, because of some event or interactions. An older sibling figure for Ori, and a younger sibling figure for Arc. Arc, especially, likes to share his knowledge in a teaching or lecturer sort of way - and not just book or research knowledge, but general life knowledge as well. Ori would most likely be drawn to a character who was either very worldly, or a very skilled hunter/tracker.

Blood Relation (Most) - I'm not at all averse to someone making a character that's a blood relative to mine (and perhaps even fitting my character into an existing family, if it can work out), so if the inspiration strikes you to app a family member, let me know. Parents, siblings, cousins, etc. The two exceptions are Ori (he doesn't have any siblings, and any cousins are far out of his age range) and Dawnguard (he already belongs to a RP family that's active on the boards. He does, however, have three other sisters, two older and one younger. Speak to Bellosh if you're interested in playing one of them!)

Tutor/Student (Arc, Dawnguard) - As he likes to share his knowledge with others, Arc could have potentially tutored someone at some point, most likely in some sort of history subject. That character would probably have to have been in Maretonia at that time, though, since Arc has hardly been anywhere else. In Dawnguard's case, he would've been a student, who sought out a tutor to bring up his mediocre grades after he decided to join the REA.

Ex-colt/marefriends (CT, Lani, Arc) - All three characters have played the field a little, nothing too serious as they are all still young and free-spirited. It's possible that they have ex-colt/marefriends wandering about that they tried things out with, but their relationships eventually fizzled out and died. Could have been positive or negative break-ups, depending on the involved characters. In Lani's and Arc's case, any previous romantic relationships would have needed to occur in the Gallopocus and Maretonia, respectively.

Foal Psychiatrist? (Ori) - Dunno if there are actually any psychiatrist characters on the board, but given Ori's extreme aversion to interacting with foals his own age, his parents could have, at some point recently, sought out professional help in getting their son to accept such healthy relationships. It'd be kind of a big deal for them, as his family lives in the wild and don't really have use for 'fancy' and 'civilized' things like doctors. Dunno how much actual RPing together they could do, but it'd be immersive for Ori to have someone he could call "my doctor", or to that effect. A griffon or similar half bird, half something character would work out best, but a other species would work too.

Eternal Rival? (CT, Dawnguard) - A rival type character that would compete and push my characters further, though in different senses for each. For CT, a character she attended school with who is also a great singer would make a good rival. Perhaps they were always going back and forth with competition wins and talent shows and the like, equally matched. Their relationship could be either positive or negative, preferably negative. For Dawnguard, he'd mark out a character different from himself but still sharing the same ideals of Good and Justice as his "Eternal Rival" or "Eternal Partner", believing them fated to fight the forces of evil at each other's side. (In Dawngaurd's case, this role will most definitely be sought out in RP itself, not decided in this planning thread, but I'm just throwing it out there).

...Alright, I think that's enough for now.

Again, these are all just suggestions, so if someone else has any idea for a character and one of mine, let me know. Thanks for reading, and happy RPing!

You have so many excellent ponies, I'd be remiss not to see if one of them makes sense for a background tie.

CT & Witchweed Charm (Roommates?)- They’ve both grown up in Canterlot, and while their interests are different, their both very ambitious ponies.

Considering CT’s need to maintain popularity, it’s likely
 they only knew each other in foal hood, rather than been friends (it’s even possible CT hung out with her sister, Sunrise Twinkle), but adult Witchweed, working at an herb shop primarily as a means to an ends, is not swimming in wealth and might need a roommate to make ends meet.

Witchweed would probably develop potions with her new roommate’s needs in mind, if only for experimental data/willing test subject. And if it helped CT meet her goals of fame and fortune, it helps Witchweed meet her goals of becoming a potion maker of unrivaled mastery.

“Oh, hello CT, good to see you’re back home. I was just brewing up a batch of witchweed potion again. I’m calling this one Sirenus Auditoria.  It should strengthen the voice to levels where it can be heard from miles away.  I was thinking about just giving it to a rooster… oh, well, if you'd like to try it out, by all means.”

And once they were friends, Witchweed would likely shake her hoof at the world menacingly in support of CTs dreams.

"The fools! They will rue the day they ever doubted the talent of the rising star CT! Your pop songs will, like an unstoppable kudzu, cover all of Equestria, crushing your competition like the frail flowers they are! Their tears shall be like a rain upon the ground as they weep in anguish at not having signed and supported you, and that rain will only serve to strengthen your roots! Your songs shall be sang for generations, your voice a legend, and they shall be nothing more than tender fertilizer from which that legend grows! They will rue the daaaaayyy!" 

Or not. Just my two bits.

For Fabled Archives? Works for me - though unless she lived in Maretonia at some point, it would have been very short tryst in Equestria before Arc went off to Unyasi. He would have been upfront that he was living for another country too, not try to hide it. Does that work out for you?

Aw, two beach buddies sipping smoothies on the shore? Sounds swell to me! Send me a PM if you'd like, but I'm already sold on this idea.

Bwahaha, this sounds like a fun idea. I think you're right, Witchweed would have to be a foalhood friend for CT to be friends with her now, considering that she is a bit strange and probably made the "cool" kids in school look at her funny. As she became more and more concerned with appearances though, CT most likely would have treated Witchweed as something like her dirty little secret - she likes Witchweed, but doesn't really want others to know it. So like, only really hanging out with her at the apartment and stuff. Dunno how Witchweed would take that, but if you're fine with the idea, I'm all for it.

I'd like to see if Sky Sailing and CT would make good friends, or even colleagues at some point.  Sky's my own musician character, who lately completed a character arc that saw him quit his day job in Cloudsdale and finally go on tour.  He's cobbled together his own recording studio, and so has been releasing records on an independent basis.  CT may have caught a listen of one of them in distribution, and Sky would certainly not be averse to having her drop by his mobile cloud house to record an EP.  

I'd like for him to eventually build a recording label, and CT would need some help to get her career going, so it could be a mutually beneficial business partnership.

For Fabled Archives? Works for me - though unless she lived in Maretonia at some point, it would have been very short tryst in Equestria before Arc went off to Unyasi. He would have been upfront that he was living for another country too, not try to hide it. Does that work out for you?

Aw, two beach buddies sipping smoothies on the shore? Sounds swell to me! Send me a PM if you'd like, but I'm already sold on this idea.

Bwahaha, this sounds like a fun idea. I think you're right, Witchweed would have to be a foalhood friend for CT to be friends with her now, considering that she is a bit strange and probably made the "cool" kids in school look at her funny. As she became more and more concerned with appearances though, CT most likely would have treated Witchweed as something like her dirty little secret - she likes Witchweed, but doesn't really want others to know it. So like, only really hanging out with her at the apartment and stuff. Dunno how Witchweed would take that, but if you're fine with the idea, I'm all for it.

Eyup!  Steam would have headed off to fulfill her passion for business.

Luckily, Witchweed does head to another school at some point, making this much easier secret to hide during adolescence.

Witchweed might get upset about being a secret if it ever becomes a problem somehow, like if she doesn't get credit for an amazing potion or what not, but that sounds like a good friendship problem to RP out anyhow. In the mean time, she's perfectly fine being a behind the scenes pony and primarily hanging out outside the public eye.

That sounds great to me! Did you want them to already have a working relationship, or just starting to venture into one (i.e. They've met a few times and recorded a few things, vs. CT having met him once or twice but has yet to record anything with him). I'm fine with either option, unless you had something different in mind.

Alright cool beans~ Ex-mare/coltfriends it is, then hooking up briefly in Equestria before parting ways. They would have parted amicably, then?

I imagine CT wouldn't really hide Witchweed, but just kind of play her off if she ever approached her around other popular ponies. IE, "oh, that's just some girl I've known since foalhood, we're not really that close." And she'd probably give Witchweed credit for a portion she made, but she wouldn't outright say it unless she was specifically asked where she got it from, if that makes sense. And yup, that's suppose to be part of CT's growth as a character, caring less about what's "cool" and placing more value on what and who really matters.

Probably.  With both realizing that their were other things that took place ahead of them together in priorities, and that they both wanted to chase after something they were passionate about.

Archived