Australus

augercorn

"Ugh..." Lightning said as he tried to stand up correctly. "That was... nasty..." He said to himself as he sat back on his flanks after the director was gone. At least the most unpleasant part was done... right? He hoped so.

"Are you alright?" He soon asked the others as he looked outside the cell. "We need to think of a way to get out of here now that he is gone." he soon added. "Any ideas...?" he asked them

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gibb could almost feel what little hope he had left leave out the door with their captor. Well, there went reasoning. If that had failed on him then he was certain it would also do little to sway the horrid bird-masked monster's mind into letting them go. He let his fore-head rest against the bars as he let out a long suffering sigh. They were going to die in here. All off them. He almost envied Clive, in a twisted sort of way. At least is death was some what quick. Their's would be slow and consist of starvation, dehydration, possibly asphyxiation. Maybe he should just lie down in his cell and accept it. Perhaps that would make the process easier. The soft cries and moans of agony around him only pushed him  closer to the edge of despair. His body hurt and listening to the others reminded him of that dull throbbing pain. The sound of the stallion located in the cell next to his, brought his focus back to his surroundings. He was right. If they were to make an attempt to escape now was the time. " Other than feeling my life crumbling around me, I'm peachy~" He replied with a sarcastic lit to his tone. "Names Gibbous by the way. Perhaps you've heard of me in the black-market?" Might as well get acquainted.  "And you, sir?"

Gibb's gaze fell on the lockpick located in the middle of the room. If only it was a little closer. He thought as he tried to reach it through the bars. After several attempts in reaching it he stood from his crouched positon in favor of pacing around his cell. Think. How would he reach it? His arms and legs were not long enough. The bucket was useless....He stopped his ponderings as he picked up said  bucket. The object itself was indeed useless however, the same could not be said for the thin metal handle attached to it. Setting the bucket back on the ground, Gibbous brought his foot down twice successfully breaking the old wood that it was made from. Then, carefully freeing the rusty piece of metal from the remains. The coal haired Areion then bent and twisted the thin piece of metal until it was straight saved for a curved point. The finished product wasn't very long nor all that durable. He only hoped it would be enough to reach the desired object. Crouching back down in his spot with the wire, Gibb pressed his body as close to the bars as possible. Any distance he could get was welcomed. "What about-ugh...t-the rest of you?" He asked as he struggled to get the curved point over the lockpick. "Little Miss Lockpick took a nasty hit. Still alive, love?" He could feel his mood brighten just a bit, as the wire just reached the item. Okay, so it was long enough to touch it. Just a bit more length and he could reach it. They just may have a chance afterall. "Ah, anyone have a bucket that they are willing to sacrifice? I only need a bit more metal.  What about you?"  His gaze directed at the young girl in the other cell. If he wasn't mistaken he could hear her soft crying. Due to the added light from the fire he was able to see that she was indeed a fellow Areion. Poor thing must be scared out of her wits. "Care to lend a hand? You can't check out on us yet, Little Sister. Save that for  when we are free from this place."

Flux continued to cry herself out, whimpering a bit as she finished. Between what had happened and the ambient sadness in the air, she found it hard to be hopeful or even just not sad to the point of inactivity. She didn't want to do anything...

the more she thought about it though, the more her sadness turned into anger. Not caring who saw her true form anymore, she stood and slammed her bucket into the wall repeatedly until she could get the metal off. With that done, she held it towards the stallion that had requested it. 

"Here. Get us out so we can teach that meanie a lesson." She growled, her aggressive expression somewhat undermined by her choice of the word meanie. 

Sable held back yet another cry of pain, gritting her teeth until the worst of the wave had passed. Slowly but surely, her hands began to feel numb, hurt less, and it happened just as she realized that her adrenaline hadn't kicked in at all yet. As her breathing became less short from pain and she could at least bear her injuries a little easier now, Sable surmised that since she was injured as her mind was assaulted by whatever had just happened, her bodies natural responses must have been knocked out of wack. 

She groaned and sat up carefully once the annoying stallion had left the room and shut the door, listening to the others speak and plan. Once more she looked at her decimated hands and let out a sigh, closing her eyes for a moment before looking over at the stallion trying to reach her lockpick with the metal from the bucket. " Ah don't mean tah be a bother, but iffin yall don't know how tuh use uh lockpick, ah can at least try an talk ya through it. Ah'd do th' pickin mahself but.... " She held up her ruined hands and gave the stallion a humorless smirk. 

( voice color for Sable changed to eye searing green, the color of her mane when not filthy, due to the option to choose more colors than what are regularly presented, no longer being present apparently, or at least I cannot find it. )

(Mod post; continue in order)

With the combined metal peices gibbous the smuggler would have a tool long enough to reach sable's lock pick. 

Unlocking the cell with it would be another challenge with in itself as would most things at there current level.

andromana's stone remained waiting to come back whenever she was ready.

meanwhile not far from them the director nodded to shatter "defiant to the end; I like that, maybe that's why I got so bored with the others!"

The director smiles as he summons an unknown spell on himself.

He then squares up to the dog with his guard up and carefully steps forward. He then begins a sloppy but quick flurry of punches aimed at his ribs and chest 

Shatter took the hits, he was pretty sure the fourth blow broke a rib, and he could taste blood. He stumbled, falling against the wall as the blows continued to come, now being pinned against the wall by the punches. He tried to put up his guard but in his weaker state that did little to protect him. The dog could do very little but hold on and weather the storm of blows. 

Midnight had, once again, managed to stop the tears, cleaning her face up. She could hear the others plotting, planning to escape, although she didn't say a word. After all, what was the point? They'd leave her behind, because bringing her along would hinder them more than help them. She had no talents, she wasn't strong, and all her knowledge, her best weapon, had been stolen from her. What is the point of bringing her along if she would just be dead weight? Weakly standing up, she saw the one who was trying to get them out, trying to make a metal thing long enough to grab something, looking at her. Her eyes hurt, but she could make out his form well enough to tell he was like her. Was that why he called her 'little sister'? But, they weren't related, well, she doubted they were related, so why the name? She didn't understand, and she knew if she had her mind back, she would have understood that perfectly...but now she was stumbling in the dark, lost, useless to anyone...

She opened her mouth, before closing it again. There would be no point asking them for help. Even with her splintered mind, she knew she was worthless to them all. Why waste the time and energy on dead weight?

He watched as the young Areion got to her feet. Good. Perhaps she hadn't lost all will to live. If they were to get out of here, they would  need all the help they could get. The sudden sound coming from the cell near to his, startled him from his ponderings. There, in that cell, he watched as what apparently was a female Changeling repeatedly smashed her bucket against the cell wall, as if it had personally wronged her family for generations upon generations. Gibb flinched a bit when the Changeling held out the metal piece, his eyes still a bit wide in shock. Remember to stay on her good side.  He noted, thinking the heavens that she was on their side. "O-Oh, yes. This should help." He started regaining his confident composure. He fixing her with a grin and not stifling the chuckle as her words not matching up with her aggressive actions. " I like your enthusiasm, love. Be sure to save it for our gracious host." He replied with a wink, ending the sentence with a sarcastic tone.

The curly haired male took the piece of rust from her and set to work adding it to his metal contraption. Satisfied with his work Gibbous, slid the metal hook through the cell bars stretching the full length of his arm to reach the lock pick. And with a few careful maneuvers, hooked the lock pick and drug it closer to his cell until he could pick it up. Bingo~ Gibb picked up the pick and rolled it around in his palm as if to test if it was really there. He looked to see the owner of said lock pick speaking to him. He didn't even try hiding the wince of looking at her mauled fingers. "I think I might just take you up on that offer." He didn't really know where to begin with lock picking. He wasn't quite sure if he knew how before. Though he supposed there was no time like the present. " I applaud you on your toughness, dove. I'm afraid my pain threshold is not as great as yours." In all honesty he most likely would have cried until passing out.  Gibb mimicked her smirk before kneeling down and proceeding to try and picking the lock. Each try yielding no result. To be so close to freedom only to have it snatched away. Gibbous let out a frustrated sigh. He took a moment to calm himself before looking back to Sable. "So, where do I begin, teach?"

"Okily dokily!" Flux replied, giving a mock salute and giggling slightly. His chuckle had helped her more than he would know, providing a bit of light to this dark situation. Her attention turned to the bat mare that still seemed depressed. The changeling frowned a bit, moving as close as their cells would allow before speaking.

"Hey, are you alright? Don't worry, we'll get out of here and you're coming with us!" She said, smiling encouragingly at the mare.

(Mod post continue in order) 

after a a painfully long time the old cell door made what was possibly the most soothing, satisfying sound in the world 

click!

the chambers tumbled and the cell was now able to open! All just in time as the wire was about to snap.

meanwhile

the director laughed watching his "opponent helplessly guard! "Oh yeah!" He shouted proud of his gimped achievement 

he he squared up again and looked to the well formulating his plan. "Time to die like a dog!" He shouted as he threw a haymaker at shatter's belly. Then he went for his knees kicking them out and slamming his head on the well. 

"And now the tour de force!" He said as he grabbed each leg and began to push him in the well. 

Shatter would slowly be forced forces inside the hole there he could see dark flowing water as if the well itself was above a river!

( prior to modpost. )

Sable let out a chuckle at Gibbous's words, though that turned into a pained cough, followed by a soft moan of discomfort. She shook her head slowly and hissed through her teeth as she spoke. " Th' toughness is jus' part'ah bein' ah earth pony gal, though ah have been told ah got ah high pain tollerance, an ah used tuh know a whole bunch ah techniques tu h deal with pain even better. Naow, wut yall'er gunna wanna do is - " 

( after modpost. )

Sable grinned and let out a sigh at the sound of the lock clicking open, then let out a small groan at the pain in her hands. " Yall did a g-great job there Gib.... " She grit her teeth as she felt another wave of pain shoot up her arms from her broken fingers. " N-not tuh rush ya 'er anythin', but ah'd be maighty grateful iffin ya could unlock mah cell next, seein' ahs ah really need tuh at least put a splint on mah hands till we fahnd a healin' spell or sum potions, maybe even ah scroll er sumthin. " 

(going to break order a bit since I found time to reply. next round I will reply before SeaJay as I did before)

(before mod post)

On 25/5/2016 at 10:23 AM, SeaJay said:

The sound of the stallion located in the cell next to his, brought his focus back to his surroundings. He was right. If they were to make an attempt to escape now was the time. " Other than feeling my life crumbling around me, I'm peachy~" He replied with a sarcastic lit to his tone. "Names Gibbous by the way. Perhaps you've heard of me in the black-market?" Might as well get acquainted.  "And you, sir?"

"Golden Lightning. A Pleasure." He soon said to Gibbous. "And no." He then said regarding the first part. he was not the kind of pony that would usually do those kind of jobs or get in contact with the black market other than to stop it. Still, this was not the time for that. They had to get out of here as soon as they could.
He then remained after they managed to get the lock pick and payed no attention to the pony that suddenly became rather angry and attacked the bars with the bucket. He couldn't stop him and why do so? They could sue that anger in their favor if they had to deal with that 'doctor' again.

He simply sat back and looked at the door as they waited for the lockpick to work.

(after mod post)

Lightning let out a small smile after he heard the door door open. He just looked outside and waited for them to open his and plan the next stage of their escape.

(Pre mod-post)

Midnight had been standing, until she gave up and re-curled herself on the floor. Why waste what little energy she had on standing? She could hear somepony, a female, trying to talk, almost as if the voice was directed at her, but she ignored it. They would escape, somehow, and she would remain. And then the doctor would come back, and she would finally be granted death. Many feared it because of what came after wasn't known, but with her mind scattered, she was willing to embrace it. Without her mind, she was nothing, she was no one, and she had no reason to live. 

(Post mod-post)

Her ears perked up, it almost sounded as if a cell door had opened. She glanced out, and true enough, the one that had called her 'little sister' had indeed opened his cell. Now she waited, waited for them to all leave, and let her die in peace.

No matter the skill of his teacher it still took several long agonizing tries before the locked fell to the floor. It wasn't that she was bad at coaching him. No, she was excellent couldn't ask for better! It was just his lack of skill that made the process so long. The days fatigue had started to set in and the abuse that his body had suffered wasn't helping. Gibb paused in his attempt at lock picking to swipe the sweat that had collected on his brow. This was it. Their only means of escape were riding on this chance here. If the lock pick broke before he could complete the task, he didn't know what he would do. Probably bash his head against the wall and fall into his decent into utter madness as gracefully as he could. And then there was a beautiful sound.

Click.

He hadn't heard a more joyous sound in his life. His eyes swelled in sheer disbelief as the lock clicked. With shaky hands (which he hadn't realize were quivering until now) Gibbous pushed open his cell door and was able to freely step from it. It really took all the strength he had left in him  not to burst into tears or going to a fit of hysterical laughter...which ever came first.  The Areion wasted no time in moving to the door that led to the unknown hallway. With a quick peek outside Gibb pushed open the door more to help the room ventilate better. "Alright you jail birds. Ready to taste freedom?" He chuckled plucking the cell keys from their spot on the wall. Exactly where the prick had left them. True to his word, Gibb walked over to the thief's cell first and unlocked it pulling the door open for her. " Thanks for the help, teach. Though, I got to say your gadget didn't last the process." He replied holding up the broken lock pick before her. "But, I'll tell you what. When we make it out of here, I'll treat you to a drink. You need it the most out of us all, love." His gaze landing on her horrid hands. They really needed to get that fixed. He gave her a sympathetic grin before moving on to the next cell. "And you can hold me to that."

"Here we are...Flux was it?" He knew at least a few of their names the exceptions being the thief and Areion girl. Gibb unlocked her cell as well stepping back as the door swung open. "Now remember who unlocked this cell, darling. I rather not be on the receiving end of your fury." He teased in good humor. In all serious he really glad he wasn't that bucket. However, he wouldn't mind turning the spunky Changeling loose on that stallion. He shared a toothy grin with her before continuing on to other cells.

Gibb flitted around unlocking cells, the stallion's was included. This was really the first time he caught a full body look at all of his cell mates. He hadn't realized how big Golden was until he was standing before him. "There you go, mate." Golden eyes glanced over the stallion before him. "You look pretty tough. We could use some one like you in the black market. A bouncer perhaps?" He was only teasing of course. From the stallion's reaction before, Gibb could kind of guessed that Golden Lightening held nothing but distaste for the place.

Finally the last cell he made it to was the Areion teen. Now that the others  were free to and move around as they wished, he had to check on their youngest member. Gibbous stopped in front of her cell. Seeing that she was crouching down again. Little dove's hope was running low. Not wanting to frighten her anymore, the stallion unlocked her cell and pushed it open before crouching down to be eye level with her. "Well, we meet face to face." His tone light and friendly. "My names Gibbous." He greeted letting his arm rest on his knee as the other was held up in a wave. "You don't have to tell me yours if wish not to. That's fine. Though, I will warn you the nicknames are only going to get more outrageous in return." He teased with a shrug. Gibb glanced around the room before settling back on her. He didn't know if he was making any leeway here and they didn't exactly have time to figure that out. "Okay so you have two options, since I'm such a nice guy." He replied holding up two fingers. "The first being that you come with us on your own." His grin grew wider as mischief danced in his orbs. " The second being I throw you over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes and haul you out of here myself."  All those years as a young boy working on the fishing docks had given him the muscle power to do so. "The choice is completely yours. Though I'd hurry if I were you. The clock is ticking." He rested and elbow on a bent knee and placed his head in his hand waiting for her answer. His eyes were  patient though held a look that told her he was just stubborn (and crazy) enough to follow through with it. "What'll be, little sister?"

"Yeppers!" Flux chirped as Gibb guessed at her name. She smiled at him as he opened her cell, and she exited almost immediately. "Thanks! I'll try to leave you out of it!" She said, giggling afterwards. She looked around before moving towards the one with the broken fingers and giving her a gentle hug. 

"Sorry about your fingers... Hope they get better..." She said quietly. 

Sable let out a pained chuckle at Gibb's words, raising a hand to gesture dismissively towards the broken pick, before thinking better of it as a bolt of pain spread through her hand. " tch, think nuthin of it, ah can make mahself anuther one once ah get these hands fixed up. " She smirked and nodded as he offered a drink. " Ah'll hold yuh to that. " 

She wasn't quite sure how to respond to the physical interaction the hyper girl gave her, and moved her hands out of the way just to be careful. At her words Sable nodded, giving the girl a lopsided grin. " Actually ah think yuh can help me with these. That bucket yuh smashed? Fahnd thuh two flattest pieces ya can that are about th' length of mah hands, then bring 'em here. Then ah'll need ya tuh tear sum strips off these rags ah'm wearin', an roll sum of 'em up into a decently thick tube, shove that in mah mouth...and then straighten out mah fingers. " 

" Th' fabric's so ah don't bite mah tongue off while ahm screamin', but once yer dun, ah'll need yuh tuh take it out of mah mouth, and use them strips to tie those slats of wood to mah hands. Basically, yer makin' splints so these thing's don't heal all fukked up lahk they currently are. " 

" Oh, if yer to squeamish fer this, jus' go'n ask one oh th' others tuh help, ah don't need yuh emptyin' yer stomach all over me in addition tuh bein' in intense pain. " 

As Shatter was pushed into the well he tried to swim, damaged as he was he'd take his chances with drowning in the river than being beaten any further by this nutcase. Revenge is a dish best seved frothing and begging for its life, so it would have to wait till later; for now, the dog swam. He had no clue where he was going or where the river would take him, and swimming as badly beat up as he was couldn't have been healthy, and it sure wasn't easy, but it was better than being pounded to a pulp. 

The first Midnight noticed of Gibbons was when he was crouching in front of her. She stared at him with dead eyes, void of all hope as he talked, words that bounced in her head before discarding them. Whatever antics he had, she didn't care. Couldn't care. With her mind splintered, her will to live had splinted also. Everything she loved, had been stolen away from her. Not only was she worthless to them, she was worthless to herself. And that was all that impacted her. Focusing purely, selfishless, on herself, after all, she didn't know how else to live. Her entire life had been a single focus, on herself and her mind.

Weakly, she looked up at him, her brain putting his words together. Part of her wanted to leap up, to leave with them, before reminding herself they would just use her as she was worthless "Why do you care what happens to me?" Much like her eyes, her voice sounded devoid of emotion.

The smoke began to clear but still lingered in the air

Now the group was free in the hallway. There was a slight noise like running water coming from Clive's cell. 

The door leading out was dark and you could barely make out it was a small room with corners hidden from view. But in the center was a staircase. It seemed very frightening. As if the avian could be waiting in there for them just hidden out of sight. 

Shatter would flow flow along the underground river until he came upon some type of pillar. It was dark but he would be able to see the river expands a bit and then goes completely underground.

the pillar lead to the stone roof and some light could be seen from the cracks 

"And here I thought you was going to ignore me completely."  His brows rising in amusement. He really hadn't expected to receive any comment from the girl. She just seemed so...devoid of life. He didn't get much from her but, he would take what  he got. At least she was talking to him...maybe they were making some progress. "Why you ask?"  He hummed rocking on his feet as he thought. " Well the reason could be a number of things. I guess it is entirely up to you which you accept as an answer." He looked back to her with that wolfish grin. "Maybe it's because I've spent the last Luna knows how long, parading around in nothing but my trousers, trying to get us all free." He jabbed his thumb over his shoulder motioning to the others. "It would be rather disheartening to see all my efforts go to waste." He said placing a hand over his chest in mock hurt. "Or maybe it's because I find your company just SO pleasant~" He said in an over the top sing song voice, tapping the tip of her nose with his index finger. He teased trying to get some life back into her, even if it mean't being a complete annoyance in the process.  "Or maybe" Gibb's voice dropped into a less playful tone as he leaned in closer to whipser."Maybe it's because you favor someone dear to me. Someone that was losed so long ago, Maybe it's not me that cares...but my guilt."  He leaned back to rock on his heels his eyes once more full of their playful gleam as if it hadn't left moments ago. "Who knows, dove? Like I said it's up to you to decide."  He  replied with a careless shrug of his shoulders. "Now I have a question for you. Why stay?" He asked meeting her eyes. "There is nothing left for you to do here accept die slowly, And who wants that? You?" He shook his head. "You must think me pretty dense to honestly believe that. Everyone has a will to live. Not matter what the situation is, no matter how hopeless it seems, there is always a shred of determination left." A pause. his eyes glancing over to Sable. "Some may have more of that determination than others but, no one has none." Those golden eyes focusing back on the female areion. "And there isn't a thing you can say that would convince me otherwise. You're stronger than what you want others and yourself to believe, dove." Gibb stood to his feet offering a hand to Midnight. "Now if we're done with our little pity party, let's get out of here." A sharp pointed grin was aimed down at  her. "I won't take no for an answer."

Flux tilted her head to the side a bit as she listened to what the mare was saying, nodding a bit here and there. When she finished, the hyper changeling skipped over to the remains of the bucket and searched through the wood until she found enough pieces that she thought would work. As for fabric, she used parts of her own shirt, revealing a bit of her stomach. 

"That's better." She said, smiling for a moment before her face got a bit serious and she set to work on the girl's fingers. She worked her way from finger to finger, straightening them all out before she began to tie the splints in place. When she was done, she smiled a bit at her and removed the fabric from the mare's mouth. 

"All done now!" She said, giving another hug for a moment before letting her go. 

Midnight listened to him speak, and was left with many questions. Despite all, losing his mind like she had, he seemed, cheery. How, she didn't know, it seemed impossible, unless he had no mind to lose in the start. His words left her with far too much to ask, and she felt he knew that she would never get answers anymore. Not with her mind to scattered. Instead, she sighed. Why wouldn't he just leave her to die alone?

That's when he said it.

'there is always a shred of determination left."

Was he right? Was there some part of her that, despite the emptiness she felt in her chest, wanted to fight back? She couldn't feel anything anymore, there was nothing on her fur, nothing in her veins and nothing in her chest. She couldn't even feel the warmth of her heart beating in her chest. It was impossible...wasn't it? And yet, if it was, why was she questioning it? Was there part of her, deep down, that wanted to live? She looked up at his hand, her eyes still void of life.

After nearly 2 minutes of nothing, she slowly moved her hand, reaching up and taking his hand, using his strength to pull herself up off the ground. She took a soft breath, glancing at the ground and wiping her face, but saying nothing. She felt foolish, she should just stay behind and die....yet a small, the smallest part of her, demanded she go...

Lightning remained silent after he was free. He knew the pony thay freed him was teasing him when he heard what he said about he working for the black market... The one thing he really wanted to stop. He sighed and looked at the others as they were freed one after the other untill all were gathered in the hallway... Except for the aerion.

He wanted to say something, but the pony that freed him... What was his name again? Gibbous, right. He started talking. Even though he worked for criminals, he had a way to speak. Perhaps he was not that bad after all... But still.

He simply waited for whateber would be their next move

He was pleasantly surprised by the young Areion. He half expected that he would have to drag her out of that cell kicking and screaming. Well minus the kicking...and the screaming. She was a rather silent one. Far different from himself. The older male held her hand in his and tugged her along to follow him applying enough pressure to let her know that he was there but, also loose enough to where she could slip her hand away at any given moment. He couldn't help the smug smirk of victory that toyed at his lips. He had sort of gotten her out of her slump. Enough so that she was following them now. Perhaps he still had a knack for persuasion, if only just a little.

Joining back with the others Gibb could see that they were up and moving. The bigger stallion, Golden, was out of his and seemingly waiting for them to progress. Good. He was momentarily afraid that the stallion wasn't coming with them. They could use the muscle. "Glad to see up and out, Hero. We could use some of that muscle of yours." He purred  sending the taller a wink.  Gibb glanced to his right revealing a site non to pleasant to the eyes. That is Flux seemed to be operating on the thief's fingers. Using only what was around them to do so. Yeesh, they needed a healing potion. He physically cringed at the sound of bones being set back into place and the muffled cries that would surely follow. He had to hand it to the Earth mare. She sure was resilient.  Not being able to view the scene  any longer for fear of passing out, Gibbous took a moment to glance in Clive's cell. If he could remember correctly,the pompous tool that had put them in here kept looking into the cell. What was he looking at? Maybe it was just him marveling at the remains of the poor victim. Sicko. Still, it could be something else.  "I'm going to take a peek in this cell. You don't have to look but, I need to check something. Alright?" He said giving her hand a quick squeeze before letting go and moving to step into the cell. He wouldn't fault her if she didn't want to look. Heck, he didn't want to.

Big mistake. He could feel the bile rise in his throat as soon as he shuffled in. The stench of the burnt corpse along with the site set his stomach in a tumble. The coal haired male quickly clasped a hand of his mouth and nose in an effort to block it out. Tears pricking in the corners of his eyes as his gag reflex began acting up. Oh, this was awful. He hated it all. Truly the stuff of nightmares. After fighting to get his gag reflex back under control though, not entirely, Gibbous willed himself to look around the cell. There was nothing. Nothing except the horrid pile of what used to be a living breathing individual. Forget this. He was just about to stumble his way out when the sound of rushing water caught his attention. What was that? "I think there might be something in here. Sounds like rushing water." He called out from his spot in the cell to anyone that was willing to come and see for  themselves.

Sable watched the changeling move about the cell, carrying out the task she'd asked of her as the earth mare mentally prepared herself for what was about to come next. She took a deep breath and held it as she tensed up every muscle in her body, to the point of making her entire person quiver from tension, then slowly let out as she relaxed herself. She hissed with pain but nevertheless nodded to Flux as she presented the torn bit of her shirt to Sable, and opened her mouth to chomp down on it, then closed her eyes and waited. 

Her toes curled and her back went straight and stiff as she bit back a scream of agony, grinding her teeth against the course fabric between them as the first of her fingers was tended to by the mare. Then, in what felt like an eternity, the next one drew a muffled moan of pain from her, and the one after that, a agonized cry of pain. Tears welled from her screwed shut eyes as the muscles in her neck bulged and her body trembled with pain, while she did her best to keep from moving too much otherwise. 

Finally, she felt the blinding white hot sensations begin to dull in her mind and body, as her shuddering breaths and hammering heart filled her ears with their sounds. Slowly, she opened her eyes too look at the job Flux had done, and from what she saw, she had to admit it looked very decent and serviceable. The hug was unexpected, but not unwelcome, and she leaned into it as she only just then realized Flux had taken the fabric from her mouth and she could speak again. 

" Th-thanks... " She said in a wavery voice, then cleared her throat and wiped at her eyes with the crook of her arm. She stood carefully, then gave Flux a grateful smile and nod, before moving over towards Gibbus as he called out to the group about hearing water. The smell, while putrid and fresh, was not something she was unaccustomed to, so she paid it little mind aside from scrunching up her nose. She looked down at the body, then grimaced slightly as an idea struck her and she gestured at the smoking corpse. " Water'er not, we aint got any weapons here in case we fahnd ourself in truble, an ah cahn't really do much fightin' in mah current state. However, our recently departed friend here cahn still be ah help tuh us iffin anybody is willin' tuh do so. Anybody here ever seen or used ah bone shiv? "cause we got a whole armory of 'em rahght here. Ah'd get sum mahself but....well...." She held up her splinted hands and gave a small shrug as she looked at each of the other occupants in the room. Truth be told, now that she was looking at them all outside of confinement and in their present state, she wasn't sure quite what to make of the group as a whole. Half of them seemed to act less like hardened criminals from a literal prison land and more like the pitiful dregs one would pass in the poor parts of town, though she had only just met them and some of the best assassins in the land were able to pull off a similar look at will, so she didn't immediately count them out. Whereas the other half was full of determination or at least a positive attitude, but still not quite what she'd expected. Despite her rough surface assessment of her fellow captives, she had high hopes that they would succeed, because so long as they kept breathing, she didn't plan on giving up hope until she was cold and dead.  

Archived