(Open)Not fair!

Ashton

Grumpy Scootaloo by Hourglass-Vectors
Scootaloo

The little bell dingled over the door to sugarcube corner, then it made a LOUD noise of... some kind, along with the *smash* as the door was slammed... thankfully it wasn't slammed too hard since the pony doing the slamming was a small orange filly, but it was still quite a noticeable sound.

Scotoaloo found her way over to the bench, she was wearing her helmet and saddlebags, which she tossed onto the bench next to her, from the look on her face it was clear she was fuming over something, which was only made more obvious when she exclaimed, almost non sequitur "It's not fair!" she hit the table with her tiny hoof, then slumped back and slid down several inches in the seat, her rage already starting to face with the sweet, sweet smells of the bakery pacifying her. She sighed, finally looking around to see if anypony else was around...

oedrVXf.png?1

“And you should have seen the look on Sky’s face when Daddy figured out what he was doing!”, two little ponies sat a table away from where the gamboge colored Pegasus pony would eventually sit. One of the ponies, a blue coated filly was engaged in a rather epic story with a little brown colt. "And he was like.", she cleared her throat and tried to give herself a deeper voice, "If you don't clean up all this pudding before your mother gets home, you'll be grounded for a month!" The pair broke out into a rather loud series of chuckles, snorts and guffaws before the colt spoke up. "So, that's why he's not dating Miss Kozy? I knew she was a bit odd, but seriously?"

The two were somewhat startled when the Cutie Mark Crusader entered the confectionery store and made somewhat of a racket. "Scootaloo?", the filly glanced over and noticed the little pony was looking a little on the grumpy side. She turned to her companion who shrugged his shoulders. "Holy socks!", he gasped as his eyes fell upon a wall clock that was made to look like gingerbread. "I'm gonna miss the train!" the colt quickly made his way off his bench and swiftly caught a small saddle bag after the filly tossed it his way. After strapping it on, the little pony glanced at his friend, "I'll see you next weekend! Hopefully Glimmer and Bebop can go with us this time!', he gave a quick wave and darted out of the building.

With her friend gone, the filly got up from her bench and trotted over to the slumpy pony. "Hey, are you alright? You look a bit on the glum side."

Spoiler

OOC: Does your Scootaloo have her Cutie Mark? And Wind Walker has interacted with a Scoot in the past. I'm not saying they're friends or anything, but Scoot would know the blue filly's name is Wind Walker. She would not know who the brown colt was.

((yes, she does, I'm trying hard to keep up with cannon --- the picture is just at an angle where it's not seen *awkward laugh* --- ok, so I just pilfer images from the MLP Vector Club, this was the best I could do :P;)0:)))

Scootaloo looked up, a little surprised to see a filly she knew was there "oh, hey Wind" she said, sighing "I signed up for skydiving classes, cost me all the bits I saved, then when I got there they told me I couldn't participate because I was a pegasus but couldn't fly" she snorted "they had parachutes for the unicorns in the class, I could have used one!" she sighed "and the class looked so awesome too!" she sighed again "then they said 'no refunds!' So unfair! No awesome skydiving class and I lost all my bits I'd saved..." She didn't say it, but scootaloo did have to admit she was glad her friends hand't come along, it would have hurt ten times as much to see them be allowed to participate (especially since if they'd come it would have only been to support her and neither one would have wanted to actually do it) and her left on the ground...

Yiska was in the mood for something sweet right now, and she heard there was a great place for that in town. She was floating with lazy beats of her wings as she followed her nose to the store called Sugarcube Corner. The blind Aerion almost flew into a window, but stopped herself just in time and played it off as something she did on purpose to show off her sharp turn. 

Sighing to herself, she then proceeded to walk right into the door, falling back with a snort as the force of the impact opened the door. 

"Hey!" She called, partly to get a reading of what was in front of her and partly to get the attention of a shop owner or something. "I'll take a chocolate cupcake!" She called to them as she went inside and sat down at a table near Scootaloo's. 

oedrVXf.png?1

"They what?", the blue filly cold not believe her ears! Those low down, dirty thieves! She could see the instructors not taking Scootaloo in for being young, but they both denied her and kept her money! "That's not right! I'm calling shenanigans on that one!", Wind Walker slammed her front right hoof on her table. "Since they obviously knew you were a Pegasus pony, and the whole point of skydiving is to dive. Flying isn't something you need to know or do.", she had never tried it herself, but a few of her siblings had, and they were all Pegasus ponies. "But to take your money and...", she growled, "If you need me to sic my daddy on them, just ask. He's the biggest and toughest pony in all of Equestria. Usually when bullies see him, they can only groan and leave for parts unknown. Usually very quickly!"

One thing was very different since she had seen the little filly, and that was...."Oh, you got your cutie mark!" Scootaloo was both a late bloomer for her mark and even more so with her ability to fly. This only confounded the filly. There was no reason she should could come up as to why the orange pony could not fly. She was in tip-top shape for her age and size, and was a demon on wheels when it came to her scooter. Cutie Marks were life's big gamble when it came to 'coolness'. You either ended up with something awesome like a rainbow lighting bolt shooting out of an cloud, or you managed to get an broom or confused duck on your bum. Thankfully Scootaloo ended up with a rather unique marking. "Almost looks like a police badge or symbol you'd see on an knight's shield. Pretty cool.", she took another moment to admire the impressive badge before a familiar face entered the room.

"Miss Yiska?" she had seen the blind bat-pony before during a rather unique encounter that would be better described as a livid fever dream. Was there such a thing as that? "It's Wind Walker! We met back during that thingy near the woods. With the pumpkin. And the two horned pony." Now -that- did not sound weird. "I'm with my friend Scootaloo. Hope you're doing well.", she squeaked out a grin. "And a  chocolate cupcake sounds good.", she turned back to Scootaloo for a moment. "What do you think you're going to get? The peanut butter truffle cupcake, but so does the caramel apple cupcake.. Oh, and that's Miss Yiska Noctis."

Spoiler

OOC: Was trying to snag a Pinkie Pie...And found out that nobody is using the Cake family! Gah! :|As for the post, please feel free to reply to any section of my post as there's a bit of a time gap after each paragraph..

Scootaloo nodded "Yeah! And they had parachutes for the unicorns and earth ponies! They said they were worried the parachute might break my wings..." she snorted "they could have at least given me half my money back... it took me a long time to lif- to earn that much!" she said, hoping ehr friend hadn't heard her slip, too used to being around her old friends who knew well about her... situation...

She watched the exchange then quispered "Bat ponies are creepy, but so cool!" she said quietly

Yiska paused as she heard the familiar voice address her. She turned her head towards the filly, making a show of trying to remember the name. 

"Wind? Wind... Hmm..." She said, tapping her chin for a couple moments before doing a flip out of her chair and floating down into a seat at the table with the two. 

"I'm doing great, Wind. Aside from running into the door on the way in, but hey." She shrugged a bit before continuing on. "What've you been up to? Oh, and I heard that, Scoot. Of course we are, we're part bat. Or something like that." 

"Now, what are you talking about, something about losing money and not using parachutes?"

oedrVXf.png?1

“Oh.”, the little filly pictured a stick figure Pegasus as it fell from a airship. Things were going fine until the parachute opened. Was the pony’s wing muscles strong enough to keep them from popping out? If not, they could break. But there was still something wrong. “They should have told you right away before they even thought about touching your bits..The nerve.”

(Once Yiska entered)

“Don’t know about creepy, but they are pretty cool. One of my big brothers dated one. She, er.”, Wind Walker waved one of her hooves in front of her face. “Can’t see.” What a group they had! There was an agile and tough little Pegasus filly who could not fly, and an pretty bat-pony who could not see how pretty she was. The blue pony wondered how she was able to comb her mane or even how to put on makeup....

“You did?” That did not sound fun.”, she gave the adult a good look-over and thankfully, the mare did not end up with a bruise or even a bump. “You ever think about getting an seeing eye dog, or even an guide flying fox? I’m sure Miss Fluttershy has a few guide animals she can let you adopt...As for Scootaloo here...She wanted to go skydiving, but the ponies running the place turned her down, and I can see why, but they kept every single bit she had turned over, which isn’t right.”, the filly nearly growled, “I’m thinking of sending my dad over there to clear things up.”

Scootaloo nodded as they mentioend her mark, trying to be mature about it... then she just grinend and was almost bouncing in her seat "It's a Cutiemark Crusader Cutiemark!" she said "They're not exactly the same but all three of us ot them" she explained "it means our special tallent is helping ponies who dont understand what their special tallen is, or are having trouble with it because of something happening in their life" she explained

Scootaloo was about to say something about the other pony being blind, but didn't really know what to say... at least not something happy, as she thought about it, she actually was more and more impressed that the pony hadn't... well... that she was still here... scootaloo wasn't sure if she could handle something like that, as important as her wings were to her, she coudl probably even stand losing those, but if she lost her sight... she shuddered as she had an image of herself jumping off a clif with a large rock...

When the conversation rolled back around to the class, scootaloo nodded "yeah, it stinks, I showed up and gave them my bits the the instructor came round and even at first looked a little impressed to see me there since I was the youngest, then he started talking about the parachutes he had given to the earth ponies and the unicorn, I asked if I could get one, which was not a fun conversation since I had to admit to the whole class I cant fly..." she sighed "and he told me no and that if I couldn't fly to just leave. When I went back to the pony that took my bits she flatly told me over and over 'no refunds'" Scootaloo crossed her legs "took me so long to get that many bits, now I gotta start over..."

"Pfft, I don't need any seeing eye animals. Not like that's a typical occasion, I was distracted." Yiska said, waving it off with a hoof. "What now? They wouldn't let you jump and then kept all your money? That's stupid. Where are they? I'll get your money back." She added, frowning at those words. Right about then, her cupcake arrived, and she smiled as she began eating. She felt out the paper with a hoof and carefully removed it before continuing. 

oedrVXf.png?1

"Wow.", the filly gasped, "I've heard of ponies having similar marks, but a themed set?" Maybe her friends could visit Punk Walker when he comes back? He had a pumpkin for a mark, but he doesn't do anything pumpkiny that she knew about. He liked pumpkin seeds, but others say he got his mark cause he was a 'cheater, cheater pumpkin-eater. "Hmmm.", she studied the mark for a little longer. "Almost looks an reward plaque or even something you'd put an diploma on. Like you're an expert. Maybe when you get older, you three can get an degree in Psychology, and then you get to call yourselves doctors and combine your degree with you cutie mark skills and make booko bits!"

Wind Walker glanced over at the mare's cupcake, and while Fast Track and the blue pony had just finished a milkshake together, she still had room for one more sweet.  Hoping it would make Scootaloo feel a little better, Wind made sure to order her friend a cupcake along with her own.

"When I saw your friends last, neither of them had their marks, so it would be neat to see them...Actually..", another idea popped up in the filly's head. It was an idea, and time would tell if it would became a good one.

"Maybe you should sic Rarity on those 'Cheater Cheatersons'? I heard she can be very persuasive. And I'm sure the R.E.A. would frown if one of their Majors beats up some sky-diving ponies.", an image of her oversized father picking up and shaking one of those bullies until all of Scoot's bits fell out of his pocket's did amuse the filly for a moment.

One thing about the Bat-Pony just blew the filly's mind, "I hope this doesn't sound a bit on the rude side Miss Yiska, but how do you fly? Do you have super sonar powers? Really good hearing?"

Scootaloo laughed a little at the 'themed set' comment "yeah, well we all have the same tallent and we worked together to discover it and we work together to use it" she said "Our tallent is helping ponies who are having cutiemark-related problems, wheather its not understanding their tallent, loosing sight of how to use their tallent... or confused on the exact nature of it..." she said the last part a tiny bit awkwardly, thinking back to their helping bulk who was 100% aware of his tallen and how to use it... but compeltely missed the 'obvious' solution of lifting things that were not barbells... "Yeah, maybe when we get old and their- I mean all our parents dont mind" she hoped neither of them noticed her slip "then maybe we can even do like trixie and go town to town, going all over equestria to help ponies who are having cutiemark problems!" she said with a grin, loving the idea of traveling... not to mention she could conveniantly plan to visit towns the wonderbolts were in so she could get more time with Dash!

Scootaloo sighed a little, it didn't bother her quite as much as it had AB, but she woudl like to see them again "yeah... me too... like I said it's been a long time since I saw them... I mean, I *see* them, Abby's always helpin' her sis or Mac making deliveries around town and I still see them in school... but we just kinda... well we've gone our seperate ways now I guess..." she sighed, you could almsot hear the *pop* and *hiss* as her dream of them traveling together was burst and deflated

Scootaloo gulped a little as she heard them talking about calling in help against the jump instructors "I dont want to get into... I mean I dont want either of you to have to go to the trouble!" she said quickly, last thing she wanted was any more trouble with the guards, she knew they were already keeping an eye on her, no doubt realizing she was behind some of the petty theft in town, and this would only give them more cause to harass her...

Archived