[Donkey] Thorn (final)

Boss_Hoss1

Name: Thorn

Sex: Male

Species: Donkey

Pelt Color: Russet

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black mane and tailtuft, tan eyepatches and belly

Eye Color: green

Cutie Mark: none

Physique: compact, muscular

Origin: Appleoosa

Roleplay Type: Mane MLP

Occupation: Bellhop, cook, purveyer of caffinated goods, jack-of-all-trades

Motivation: To work hard and succeed in a business world of ponies and run his own "Madam Bistro's" location.

Likes: Jobs well done, perfection, happy customers and guests, good food and cappuchino.

Dislikes: slackers, dirty rooms and kitchens, snobs, particularly those who look down on donkeys for being donkeys.

Character Summary: Born to a family of donkeys that work in the kitchens of Canterlot, Burr and Rose. Thorn takes great pride in doing the best job he can. While his parents wanted him to work there too, he felt it was not for him.

Thorn's parents came to an agreement with him and let Thorn go forth to find his place in the world, and more fulfilling employment. He was provided with full letters of recommendation. He stopped in Manehattan but found the work there a depressing repeat of Canterlot, even oddly making him homesick.

It was on the train to Fillydelphia that he ran into Madam Bistro, returning from a trip to personally sample the shipment of supplies before purchase. He sampled her cappuchino and was instantly hooked.

When she saw the letters of reccomendation, she hired him on the spot for work at the location prior to Appleoosa. She is quite happy with the way he treats every customer with unflappable calm, and he is quite happy to deal with the so-called "commoners" who often act better than the nobles.

Now almost two years after he left Canterlot, he was asked to come to Appleoosa as her right hoof to get the new place up and running, and run the place in her absence every few weeks.

Clothing: For daytime Appleoosa, he wears a cream colored stetson, with his long ears threaded comically through the earholes, and a bolo tie.

In the evening, he wears a cream colored derby, starched collar with a black bowtie and a bartender's vest in cream with mocha trim.

Well, you definitely have a good character here.

While it's probably unusual for a Donkey to be in Canterlot, much less work in Canterlot Castle, there's nothing in the show that really disproves that either. Although, we haven't really seen any sort of royal court. Sure, there were various rich ponies at the Grand Galloping Gala, but I think what you meant was probably a set of advisers for Princess Celestia herself. However, I don't think that Celestia has the need for advisers, or even a majordomo. We've already seen that she's willing to travel to meet and be with her subjects, and even go directly to their city or town to help solve problems and attend parties. Rather than send a representative, Celestia seems pretty efficient at running Equestria by herself.

Also, regardless of whether or not Celestia has a majordomo, it's doubtful that anypony would need to specifically ask to leave her services. I'd consider working in Canterlot Castle, especially in the kitchen, just like any other job that a pony (or Donkey) could get. It would be just as easy to walk out of that job as any other.

Now, there are definitely higher class ponies in Equestria, as we saw from the Grand Galloping Gala. But I just don't think that Celestia requires any major advice on how to run her kingdom.

So you're looking good, could just use some tweaks.

Having a donkey character is perfectly acceptable, as you say, they were shown in the series; we also have a few mules running around the Mane RP (and as such, one of their parents had to be a donkey). I like the character and it be cool to see more diversity in Appleoosa. Like Tales said, the only concern is the majordomo part and having to get an agreement from such a pony to allow him to leave, more likely ponies (and other species) who work at the castle are likely just employees and are not tied to place in any sort of feudalistic manner.

How's this? Should I also change the kitchen to that of a Noble restaurant in Canerlot?

Well you could have either and just say that his family wanted him to work where they worked, for the royal castle (or noble house) but he wanted to go his own way.