Official Discussion Thread - S07E03 A Flurry of Emotions

tacobob

ittPT5D.png?1

The episode where the FIM staff try to cram as much adorableness in one episode as possible!

The third episode of the season is here! In this episode, Twilight Sparkle agrees to babysit her niece Flurry Heart despite already having a very busy schedule. Our usual pony shenanigans commence. This episode already aired on Saturday 11:30 AM EST on April 22nd!! Hope you had your DVR set! And hopefully Brian gets better soon! All this copy and pasting is too much work for a lazy, lazy person such as I!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. hbKghXD.gif

I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't the greatest, but I was amused for the majority of it.

Spoiler

It was weird seeing Flurry with Pound and Pumpkin together....Considering their eyes...Regular foals get spider eyes...Flurry has adult eyes...'course, there might be reasons.

Nurse Redheart had a new cutie mark. She has gone from a red cross to an more suitable white cross surrounded by red hearts. I have a feeling the American Red Cross charity has something to do with this..

More previous generation names were dropped. Gutsy and Grogar! Was that a history book she was reading? I'm curious if this will lead into something...Like a slew of reintroduced Generation One baddies vs our heroes...

This episode was full of cute...we had the ever adorable Redheart...Sad and sick little foals..And there was that cute little thing Flurry Heart did when she gets scared by mean ol' Purple Smart!

5EIltTy.jpg

15 hours ago, ZephyrBurst said:

Twilight brought an infant to a hospital ward full of children who all have a contagious disease. She is the best aunt. Gonna get that one out of the way for Flurry early it seems.

That's the first thing I thought of when they stopped over at the hospital....Still, I have a feeling Flurry probably does not have to worry about diseases...Teething yes....Diseases that plaque mortals..not so much..the gal is a freaking demi-goddess already...She's probably not even one years old yet, but she can already freaking teleport like a boss.

Also, I want this...for reasons...

W7hIvUJ.jpg

This was an interesting episode.  Not a great episode, but not a 'train wreck' either.

It had it's funny moments as well as it's 'odd' ones.

I echo those who would question bringing a baby to a hospital ward full of sick (and possibly contagious) children.

But overall, not a bad effort by the writers.

:smirk::smirk::smirk:

The sheer number of visual gags was enough to send this episode into some of my top in terms of raw comedy material. I don't ever want kids and this reinforces that, but it had some nice feels and cute stuff.

Did I also mention the visual gags were perfect?

• Bellosh unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Archived