Best Episode: SUPER ULTRA FINALS!!

Dessa

Of the episodes listed below, which is your favorites? Choose ONE.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. .

• This poll is finished. Sonic Rainboom won 30-29
    • So quit voting!

A while ago it was 30 Sonic Rainboom - 29 Party of One, but it switched around, which means someone changed their vote.

But then at 12:04, just 1 minute before the poll ends, it changed back.

I think someone's been foaling around. :) Someone took advantage of Sonic Rainboom's lead and changed their vote to Party of One for the lulz, only to switch back at the last second, knowing that they would still have the winning vote. :green:

I think there might have been at least two people screwing with their votes. For a few moments I saw 28 Sonic Rainboom - 31 Party of One, only for it to end up back where it started in the end.

Yeah. It was just by one vote... Come to think of it, a Fluttershy level "yay" might really be more appropriate than I thought...

Still, it's a victory for the Sonic Rainboom, no matter how small.

And I propose that Sonic Rainboom gets a platinum medal, Party Of One recieves a gold medal, Winter Wrap Up wins a sliver medal and Cutie Mark Cronicles is awarded a bronze medal, it's a bit more expensive but then all four episodes from the finals win something

Either way I found a lovely picture related to the winning episode:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... a#/d42g7ts

At first I was all

But then I was all

But seriously, I so glad everypony had fun with this! It was SO worth all the effort. Huzzah!

As ridiculous an unjust as this horrible miscalculation by the community was, there is a certain harmony in the episode that spawned Best! Day! Ever! to with the Best! Episode! Ever!

:kissy: :kissy: :kissy::RDash: :RDash: :RDash::kissy: :kissy: :RDash: :RDash: :RDash::kissy: :kissy: :kissy::RDash::kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy:

:kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash::kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash::kissy::RDash: :RDash: :RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy:

:kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash::kissy: :kissy: :kissy: :kissy: :RDash: :RDash: :kissy: :kissy: :RDash: :RDash: :kissy: :kissy: :kissy: :kissy:

:kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash::kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash: :RDash: :RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash::kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy:

:kissy: :kissy: :kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash::kissy: :kissy: :kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy::RDash: :RDash: :kissy:

• Like 1

I demand a recount! The ballot was too confusing!

fimballot.png

Oh no you don't. This isn't going to turn into Bush vs. Gore. XD

YAY SONIC RAINBOOM WON. Out of the two provided, it was the one I chose. However, I still think Cutie Mark Chronicles is the best one, and I'm disappointed it wasn't there in place of Sonic Rainboom.

I demand a recount! The ballot was too confusing!

fimballot.png

Oh no you don't. This isn't going to turn into Bush vs. Gore. XD

YAY SONIC RAINBOOM WON. Out of the two provided, it was the one I chose. However, I still think Cutie Mark Chronicles is the best one, and I'm disappointed it wasn't there in place of Sonic Rainboom.

Wow, they know American politics in Canada? I couldn't even tell you the guy who ran against Stephen Harper.

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
*Hits wikipedia* Oh my. I know nothing of Canadian politics. Looks like Prime Ministers are appointed by governors general? They don't teach this most schools here, so it's upon the individual here to study it themselves.

ANYHOW, yeah, it was criminal how CM Chronicles finished fourth. I thought it'd win the whole thing. It's such a loved episode! A lot of people had to make a lot of hard choices to get us this far, and it says something that such a beloved episode still has "betters" (in the general opinion here).

As overrated as I feel Sonic Rainboom is, there's no denying its still really good. The flying sequences were really cool! It almost cetrainly has the best action sequences overall. Tell me that you didn't get the chills at least a tiny bit when the Orbital Friendship Beam was deployed and Dash came a-rocketing over the low camera. It was pretty badass.

Dash, like Pinkie before Party of One, seemed a bit shallow before coming into this episode, just being the "Fonz" of the mane cast. But to see that her machismo was a coverup for her insecurities (as machismo often is) made her a bit more real. She doesn't even seem able to achieve her goal until she lets go of her inhibitions completely, facilitated by the genuine emergency that she faced when Rarity fell. Again, Dash exemplified in this episode how contradictions make a character stronger.

There's only one one-dimensional character among the priniciples and the main supporting cast, and that's Celestia. Considering her role as a goddess/queen/mother-figure, this might well be intentional.

Actually, with the news of Season 2 coming September 17th in all of it's minor spoilers of reappearing characters, I can make a new assessment on my favorite episode.

Which is my favorite episode? The next one.

• 3 weeks later...