Best Episode: SUPER ULTRA FINALS!!

Dessa

Of the episodes listed below, which is your favorites? Choose ONE.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. .

• This poll is finished. Sonic Rainboom won 30-29
    • So quit voting!

So the finals were a tie. This is the runoff vote, and the last possible official vote in the Best! Episode! Ever! poll. If they tie, that's all there is to it. It would remain a tie, and the two episodes would share the title.

The usual text at the top of these things follows:

This post is the FINAL final part of a multi-post polling bracket (we swear!), the full details of which are here: http://www.canterlot...&p=25724#p25724

Pick a favorite. You may change your vote as many times as you wish, but polling will close 3 days after this posting, after which your vote is locked in, and for that matter, the fate of Equestria of the entire poll.

Links to episode videos here: http://www.canterlot...php?f=13&t=1870 (recently broken, as I've been told, either by parasprites, or Hasbro. Let us pray it was the former).

• Like 1

Ah, not much to say here. Same as before. Party of One. I encourage ponies who favor another episode not listed in this poll to just go ahead and choose one anyway, or we'll get similar results to last time.

Vote for:

:lol::o:smirk::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::Pinkie: :Pinkie: :Pinkie::Pinkie::P:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:smirk::sad:

:mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk:

:sad::mad::o:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::lol::o:Pinkie::sad::mad::Pinkie::Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::D:o

:smirk::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::sad::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::sad::Pinkie: :Pinkie:

:o:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::sad::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk::sad::mad:

• Like 1

Ah, not much to say here. Same as before. Party of One. I encourage ponies who favor another episode not listed in this poll to just go ahead and choose one anyway, or we'll get similar results to last time.

Vote for:

:lol::o:smirk::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::Pinkie: :Pinkie: :Pinkie::Pinkie::P:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:smirk::sad:

:mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk:

:sad::mad::o:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::lol::o:Pinkie::sad::mad::Pinkie::Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::D:o

:smirk::Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::sad::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::sad::Pinkie: :Pinkie:

:o:Pinkie::Pinkie::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie::mad::Pinkie::o:Pinkie::sad::Pinkie::D:Pinkie::smirk::sad::mad:

Holy crap, I thought you just posted a random assortment of smiley faces, but I just realized that you spelt out "Pinkie".

GENIUS! :mad:

Augh, it's tied up again!

This controversy will TEAR THE COMMUNITY APART.

In the first post I said they'd share the title, and that's how I've set tie behavior for previous rounds' potential ties. There's no reason why 2 episodes can't be the best.

Otherwise, potential tie breakers would include past head-to-heads (they only faced once, and it was a tie), total vote tallies in semifinal rounds (more semi votes would win), and total votes in all polls. But making a call like that after the game is underway is a bit shady. Shared victory is how I explicity said this situation would have been handled in past rounds, so shall it be for this round.

• Like 1

Seriously? Sonic Rainboom? :) Rarity is portrayed horribly in that episode, and is very out of character. As if she wasn't already the least liked pony of the mane six, this episode certainly helped push her to the very bottom of EQ Daily's best pony poll. Just my opinion, but I'm surprised to see this episode is in the top 2.

Party of One, on the other hand, is a great episode- Gummy, :mad:, and lots of character deveolpment for Pinkie! 'CONFESS!' :Pinkie:

Plus, who can forget Applejack and Pinkie's stare off? If not the best episode, certainly the best animation in an episode!

riverhippo's favorite episodes list, from best to worst:

1. Friendship is Magic Part 1

1. Friendship is Magic Part 2

1. The Ticket Master

1. Applebuck Season

1. Griffin the Brush-off

1. Boast Busters

1. Dragonshy

1. Bridle Gossip

1. Look Before You Sleep

1. Swarm of the Century

1. Winter Wrap Up

1. Call of the Cutie

1. Fall Weather Friends

1. Suited for Success

1. Feeling Pinkie Keen

1. Sonic Rainboom

1. Star Master

1. The Show Stoppers

1. A Dog and Pony Show

1. Green Isn't Your Color

1. Over a Barrel

1. A Bird in the Hoof

1. The Cutie Mark Chronicles

1. Owl's Well That Ends Well

1. Party of One

1. Best Night Ever

It's a 26-way tie for first!

Ruqyo, you're killing me. Killing me.

Pinkie pie tends to understand friendship in morally stark terms. She tends not to see shades of grey. In "Green Isn't Your Color," Pinkie Pie was obsessed, to a fault, with the idea of secret-keeping. In "Griffon the Brush-Off," Pinkie is so loyal to Rainbow Dah, that she extends Gilda far more grace than most would, because friends try to get along with Friends' friends. In both cases, it took a lot to overwhelm Pinkie's ideological rigidity about what a friendship entail.

Likewise, in general a rule about friendships is that friends don't lie to each other, yet Pinkie is increasingly faced with a situation that confronts reality as she understands it. If her friends are running around behind her back and lying, then they must not be friends, because friends are honest with one another. When reality confronts our most deeply held beliefs, it's very difficult to deal with. For pinkie, it puts a break in her reality, and she loses her connection to the real world. While a bit of an exaggerated response, this is the cartoonist character in a cartoon show, this sort of extreme response to perceived betrayal, much less cognitive dissonance, is fairly common.

In addition to losing grip with reality, pinkie pie regressed to a mode that helped her feel secure as a child, represented literally

By her physical transformation to Pinkamena. She had a lonely and depressing childhood, and in times of stress, reverting to the paradigms of our childhoods isn't terribly uncommon.

And this all on the "simplest" character on the show. Party of one isn't just one of the funniest episodes, it's a stylized, but in essence, fairly accurate analysis of well established psychological concepts like cognitive dissonance, regression, psychosis, and of the moral concept of ideological rigidity (which is a common theme in the show, tbh).

It's ridiculously well written, and has layers of meaning. AND it's ridiculously funny.

Sonic Rainboom is good, but and I like that it adds an unseen dimension to a character that had until then been a bit one-dimensional, but its just not as deep. It may have the best action in the show as well. But IMO, it was more surface than substance (and theres nothing wrong with that at all).

• Like 1

I'd go with Sonic Rainboom - while Party of One is an important episode and seeing the "secret" unfold through the eyes of Pinkie was certainly enjoyable, it almost didn't feature the other characters at all for the very same reason - that's not bad, but it makes me lean towards Sonic Rainboom for the time being. Besides, the meeting of Dash and the Wonderbolts wasn't overemphasized but was well-presented.

I know this isn't the same thing as favorite character, but I can't help that this vote looks much like a vote between Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.

No question, Rainbow Dash is MLPFiM's most popular character thanks to memes, character development and the whole "she's a lesbian" thing. But she may not be top favorite amongst pony fans, just more than Pinkie Pie.

I'm not happy the way the polls turned out, but I'm not complaining, I'm whining.