Petite Pony Pixels

Wysteria

Yay! Another pixeller!

That pinkie pie is pretty legible, considering... The pink outline overwhelms it though.

Twi's proportions look good too. Did you start at the eyes and build around them?

Sometimes the tiniest stuff takes the most work, huh?

When stuff is that small, sometimes skipping the outline gives you a little more to work with:

image.php?mode=thumbnail&album_id=73&image_id=339image.php?mode=thumbnail&album_id=73&image_id=336

But you need contrast to pull it off. Cheerilee's face looks off because her mouth color is too close to her pelt color.

(Cheated on Scootachu there. She has no wings!)

Yes. Yes you should do something else.

I agree. Is this a request to make a smile face? Cuz I think Artax just finds a good image and shrinks it. Is pixeling involved? I'm not sure I could duplicate the look of the smileys here without doing way more work than could be done with a program's fancy algorithm.

It is a good candidate image though. At 24 px (or so) tall, I think it would read really well

This is my first try at doing a little pony pixel. It wasn't too hard; just a little time consuming. -_- Do you think I should continue? (I'll do requests if wanted)

Twilight Sparkle:

8inH.png

Pinkie Pie:

8iqj.png

Dear freakin' gawd these are ADORABLE!! :D:D

You know what would be neat? Cheerilee's smile face, but just the face-like the other emotes we have.

THIS.. A thousand times this! I would also love to see Braeburn, Soarin', Spitfire, and a happy Fluttershy. :D

@Dessa:

Actually, I start working on erasing the background to transparency, then I work from the outside in on the pony, clearing up all the mis-matched pixels. ^^

@MyLittlePonyTales:

I know! Poor Luna is so unappreciated in the My Little Pony universe. :cry: :foreveralone: I would be happy to make a Luna emote if you'd like! ^^

@Dessa (Again):

Ah, if you were asking me that question, no, I don't just resize and transparentize it. I clean up the pixels and outline and color in everything. ^^ I'm the kind of person who likes to do the job well done.

@Brianblackberry:

Aww, thanks. *Blushes* And I would be happy to make some of those ponies for you. They'd be simply adorable. icon_arrow.gif

@Diego:

Omigoodness! That is such a cute Fluttershy! Poor Fluttershy has only sad or screaming emotes on the forum. :cry: I would be happy to make that for you if you want. -_-

Oh, goodness no, I was speculating whether the current board smilies were done like this.

Yours are clearly worked by hand. They look better than they would if it was all done by a program. You spent time on those, and it shows.

I agree. Is this a request to make a smile face? Cuz I think Artax just finds a good image and shrinks it. Is pixeling involved? I'm not sure I could duplicate the look of the smileys here without doing way more work than could be done with a program's fancy algorithm.

Actually, Equestria Daily posted them and I told Artax we should use them. I don't know how they were made! :shock:

@MyLittlePonyTales:

I know! Poor Luna is so unappreciated in the My Little Pony universe. :cry: :foreveralone: I would be happy to make a Luna emote if you'd like! ^^

:D REALLY?! :kissy:

Here is your newly-improved Petite Pony Princess! I must admit, it was tricky getting that smile outta there, but I got it. ^^

Without outline:

8ljW.png

With outline:

8lkf.png

Let me know if there's anything y'all need changed!

Edit: Here's one with less of a rounded corner:

8lkq.png

Here is your newly-improved Petite Pony Princess! I must admit, it was tricky getting that smile outta there, but I got it. ^^

Without outline:

8ljW.png

With outline:

8lkf.png

Let me know if there's anything y'all need changed!

Edit: Here's one with less of a rounded corner:

8lkq.png

It looks good! You can even make her a little larger because the actual icon is well within the 27x27 bounding box, but I understand why she is the size she is, her horn is just so long. :Luna:

• 1 month later...