Official Discussion Thread - S07E16 Campfire Tales

214787__safe_twilight%252Bsparkle_rainbo

No camping trip is complete without spooky stories!

Another week which means another episode full of the adorable ponies we all know and love! Applejack, Rarity, and Dash take their little sisters out on a camping tip, well what is a camping trip without stories?  So prepare for an anthology episode of great heroes of long ago!  Worldbuilding ahoy!  :smug::lol::idea:  The episode aired Saturday 11:30 AM EST on August 26th!!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. As the episode has already been widely aired, there is no need to bother with spoiler tags, just chat away! :blush:

Spoiler

Like last week's episode, I really didn't think it would be any good, but it turned out to be wonderful!   Sure, it was mostly 'flashbacks' but all three of them were AMAZING!   Of the three, Rockhoof was my favorite, but I really liked them all!   One of the best episodes of the season!  Not better than "The Perfect Pear", but still excellent!

Yay for worldbuilding!

Spoiler

Mistmane had by far the most compelling legend, followed by Flash Magnus and then Rockhoof. Sorry, but the Rockhoof tale reeked of deus ex machina. 

I really enjoyed this episode as I'm always happy to see some world-building.

Spoiler

If you've followed the comics, you'd know all about these guys...The Mistmane bit was my favorite, although one thing bothered me about this and the comic. They kept saying she gave away her beauty...Erm..She seems to have given away her actual life-force..As in the spell rapidly aged her when it restored her village and Sable Spirit. She wasn't ugly. Just old. I wonder if this was the original idea, but they probably changed it as not to be confusing to the younger members of the audience. And I always like seeing an actual magic battle in this show.

Loved the Flash bit as well. We get ponies in armor. They're not as scared up as in the comics..But we also get to see a younger Torch as he learns that ponies are not easy targets. Love Flash's group in the comics. Wonder if Dash and Flash start the family tree that eventually ends up with Rainbow herself.

pz3k1uT.png

The Rockhoof was the weaker of the bunch. I love the little viking village it took place in. The rest..eh..

And those bites Rainbow ended up with. Youch. Along with those fly-ders, which are a scary bunch. Scoots seems to suffer from claustrophobia..

And this....

6BTVCAK.gif

Archived