How often do admins check the Accepted Applications board?

Lucan

Hi! I hope I don't sound too impatient in this post, but I'd like to know how often the admins check the accepted applications board. I had my character's bio accepted, but it still has not been moved to any of the folders, n'or have I been added to the Roleplayers group. I've been waiting a few days! Does anypony have an answer for me?

Hi! I hope I don't sound too impatient in this post, but I'd like to know how often the admins check the accepted applications board. I had my character's bio accepted, but it still has not been moved to any of the folders, n'or have I been added to the Roleplayers group. I've been waiting a few days! Does anypony have an answer for me?

We check them as often as we can but you need to consider 2 things.

a. You're not paying for any kind of service.

b. We have lives out side of the board.

So please don't expect tight deadlines or a 24-hr turn around to every single action or request.

Would have been better if you'd sent a private message to an admin or moderator rather than publicly complaining. :/

Sorry about the wait! It generally takes a couple days to be moved to the correct subfolder, and then after than an Admin will actually need to add you to the Roleplay group. That can also, unfortunately, take another couple of days. It just depends on our schedules, sometimes things in real life come up.

Sorry! :)

It fluctuates; our goal is to have as little time between approval to moving the app and user into the correct group and destination; but due to our current board setup, only admins can admit users into user groups; and we have too much on our plate to be checking the accepted apps; so we have our mod team (which is just one pony right now) managing that for us (and he has a rl work schedule too).

Our turnaround is usually 24 hours; but sometimes when our schedules dont meet, it can take longer; and sometimes mistakes are just plain made- but we understand that this is one of our most important areas; and an area that can also be improved! Your inquiry has been on our work table for a while now- which is one of the reasons we've decided to invest some of our own funds in upgrading and improving the board.

The new setup will hopefully allow for more people to manage a task that is currently being managed by only 2 people- and once its active I hope everypony will see and appreciate how much more fluid things are :)

Sorry that you've been waiting! If there is ever a hiccup again, or you think you've fallen between the cracks, please feel free to PM one of the staff about it. We do our best, but we're only ponies after all :blush:

Ah, ok! Thanks for considering this for the site upgrade. :blush: I guess I was also being a bit inconsiderate with this post, but I'm not exactly used to this kind of layout (With what appears to be an "Approved Twice" type of layout. It's just so different, even from other roleplay forums I've seen.

Sorry guys!

Ah, ok! Thanks for considering this for the site upgrade. :blush: I guess I was also being a bit inconsiderate with this post, but I'm not exactly used to this kind of layout (With what appears to be an "Approved Twice" type of layout. It's just so different, even from other roleplay forums I've seen.

Sorry guys!

Nah nah, quite alright! sorry you had to wait!

It is a bit inconvienent, because only admins can manage groups right now (poop!) Cant wait for that ability to be streamlined! :kissy:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see much point in creating a separate topic, as I have a similar question but regarding the amount of time it takes for an App to be reviewed. As always, I know that the service is provided for free and staff have their own lives off the forums (I've done the forum moderator thing before, I feel for you guys) but I was just curious as to the general turnover time. Is it only admins that review and accept character apps, or are moderators and RP Helpstaff part of the process as well? I know I'm fairly new, but perhaps in the future I could help out as well; if Winter Wrap up teaches us anything, it's that things get done fast and efficiently when everypony chips in, right? :grin:

I don't see much point in creating a separate topic, as I have a similar question but regarding the amount of time it takes for an App to be reviewed. As always, I know that the service is provided for free and staff have their own lives off the forums (I've done the forum moderator thing before, I feel for you guys) but I was just curious as to the general turnover time. Is it only admins that review and accept character apps, or are moderators and RP Helpstaff part of the process as well? I know I'm fairly new, but perhaps in the future I could help out as well; if Winter Wrap up teaches us anything, it's that things get done fast and efficiently when everypony chips in, right? :grin:

From what I remember when I applied, a member of the RP Helpstaff will review your application first, and either help you expand on your character if it needs it, or give you a first approval. After your first approval, a Moderator or Administrator will handle a second approval and move the app into the accepted apps section. Then, from there, only an Administrator can move the app into the correct subfolder and add you to the Roleplayers group, which will allow you to post in other RP-related areas.

Well, Armony got it partially right. Things have changed a little with the new board.

An RP Helpstaff member puts and assessment stamp on applications they believe are ready. Then, it get move to the Accepted Apps section. From there, an Admin or Moderator will give it the final Accepted stamp, move it to the correct sub-forum, and add you to the Roleplay group. With the new board, Moderators are also able to add people to groups, without having to wait for an Admin.