The Apple's Party Pride (Open!)

SteelEagle

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack always loved hosting a party at Sweet Apple Acres for Nightmare Night. All sorts of colts and fillies wandering around town exploring and collecting treats and ending up full of sugar and energy, but sometimes you wanted to be separate from that and that was where Applejack was most commonly found. Separate and away from the hustle and bustle, where she could throw something nice for the ponies she cared about. And tonight was going to be another amazing party at Sweet Apple Acres!

The main barnhouse was open, with cooking food inside and a play area for little foals should they want it. She was cooking a whole batch of hot foods for later tonight! In the fields between the barnhouse and the silo she had apple bopping and games set up, including pin the tail on the pony and other fun family stuff. Punch and cider, candy and apple treats littered the tables. The silo had heavy cider and some privacy for adults to have adult conversations. Really, she had thought of everything.

This went down to the costume. She was dressed up like a lion and Zap was dressed as a cub, because the only thing better than one great costume was two. Rainbow was supposed to complete the set but even then Applejack was just happy to have found a little lion costume for her big, strong predator. Well, this one was just liable to run off with your heart rather than your life, but the concept was the same. She finished zipping him off for the moment and smiled as she sat on the porch, waiting for guests to arrive. “Can you give momma a big ol' lion roar?” She asked of her son, treasuring every little moment of his. Soon he'd be a big stallion and she'd miss out on this silly stuff!

image.jpeg

Dash lofted over Ponyville, savoring the sweet fall air. It was not especially cold out yet, but there was a faint nip to the breeze. Dash loved this special time of year! Lots of fun, food, and good times with her friends and loved ones. She glanced over at her side where Tank zoomed about in a tiny space helmet.

"Lookin' good buddy!" She also loved that Tank didn't go to hibernate until a little bit after Nightmare Night.

"Can't wait to see the little guy..." She chuckled to herself as she headed down towards Sweet Apple Acres. AJ had agreed to get Zappers all dressed up in his costume while Dash checked in with some of the weather ponies on duty during Nightmare Night. She wanted to make sure everything was just perfect for the Apple family party and that included making sure no rain fell, at least until the events were over.

The pegasus landed lightly outside the main entrance to the farm. There were decorations everywhere! Carved pumpkins with cute scary faces, garlands of fall leaves, and wheat bundles placed here and there. The smell of cider bubbling in a cauldron wafted to her nose. That combined with the thought of seeing her mare and foal sped up her gait towards the main barn house.

"Come on! Let's go find that cider!" She nodded to Tank and then began to trot towards the barn.

The Apple family always outdid themselves with this event and it looked like tonight would be no exception! Food lined the tables, games were placed here and there, and of course plenty of room for good conversations and good cider! She trotted right up to her favorite two ponies in the world and scooped them into a huge hug!

"Hi you guys!" She squeezed them tight and then released them, dropping down to Zap's level. "Wow! Look at this lion! He's so strong and furry!" She grinned happily and turned to AJ. "And look at you AJ! You look..." She stepped in close and gave her mare a smooch right between her whiskers on the lips. "...beautiful as always." Her eyes got that slightly sultry look in them for just a moment. 

"So!" She displayed her costume for them. "What do you think?" She was dressed as a lion tamer. Top hat, tails, and even a costume whip! "I wonder if I can tame you two?" She asked playfully, ready to be chased by two roaring lions!

Wa5FBtc.png

With his fuzzy outfit now zipped on, little Zap Apple looked up at his mother with wide eyes and a half smile on his face. "Rar." Zap said simply, not fully understanding what it was his mother was asking of him. Zap Apple was now almost two years old. By now he had let all of Ponyville know that he was capable of running his legs around and running his mouth, too, mostly with words he doesn't full have contextual understanding of. Sweet Apple Acres wasn't just his home, it was also his school, his restaurant, his entire life experience. It was even his workplace. Sometimes Applejack would let him kick the trees with her, albeit his legs not adding anything effective for apple bucking just yet.

Zap saw as Rainbow Dash, his other mother, floated down to the farm. He smiled at her approach, happy to see her. But his expression fell to confusion when he noticed the unfamiliar. Why was she wearing clothes, too? She was dressed in a strange suit and had a whip. What was that for? Only on one or two occasions, Zap had seen his rainbow mother wear clothes at all. And she said something about taming two lions. Zap heard everything, but only grab onto a few words at a time. He sat on his haunches and turned to mother dressed in a large cat outfit, his small tail wriggling enough to move his cub tail. He put his hooves together feeling the subtleties of the paw his hooves had stepped into. "Mommy, whats a lion?"

5HbB79Q.png

Rainbow Dash came in and was her usual close, free self, making Applejack smile as she went in for a nice sultry kiss. She was past the whole blushing scene by now, but that didn't mean she had lost her own playfulness. “Well, you better get to work tamin' us wild lions. We're liable ta just eat ya up!” She said with an exaggerated snap of her jaws before giving Rainbow a nice wink. “Nice costume thar. Gotta say that it looks better than Ah thought it would. Reckon it didn't set us back much?” She asked as she tugged at the whip to bring Dash closer. She didn't need to chase her around to get her close enough to eat. “Rawr, by tha way. How's tha weather holdin' up? Wouldn't want it ta suddenly start raining on our Lion Pride all of a sudden like,” she asked, a little worried about the possibility. These costumes were durable and all but they could tighten up quick if soaked a bit much.

There were cuter things to concern herself with, however. Zap gave a good little roar, wagging his adorable little tail as he asked a question. “Lions are big ol' wild cats with big ol' manes. They're mighty hunters, very fierce, kings of the jungle. And they're awful pretty, an' tonight ya an' Ah are lookin' awful fierce an' mighty pretty,” she said as she picked Zap up and put him on her back. She had considered briefly picking him up with her mouth but reckoned that a bit of roleplay didn't quite work when you got some grinders in your mouth and you didn't want to hurt the little fella. She trotted outside. A few guests had arrived and were welcomed to eat and drink to their heart's content while others filtered in. “Happy yer here an' not prankin' about, Dashie. Ah bet yer happy too, ain't ya Zap?”

image.jpeg

Rainbow allowed herself to be tugged in closer. She stood next to AJ and flipped her tail over the loin's rump briefly. They may not have been in the honeymoon phase anymore but Dashie was quite sure she would never give up her flirty ways with the beautiful farm mare. She raised her muzzle in a quirky half smile as AJ pretended to give her a lion nip before jumping lightly to the side.

"Nah, didn't set us back anything really!" She rolled her eyes comically. "I just had to spend some extra time with a certain fashionista to get her to tailor the suit for me," She straightened her bow tie. "I figured it was worth it though. Thought we might get some extra use out of this costume from time to time," She moved forward like lightening and pretended to nip back before returning the wink.

"Weather should be all good for tonight...hopefully." She stuck her chin out towards the sky outside the barn door. "Smells like rain but I have it on good authority that the weather crew'll hold back the planned downpour for at least until tomorrow evening."

Dash couldn't help but giggle as AJ explained how fierce and pretty lions were. He was just the cutest little thing! She really didn't want him to grow up too fast and here he was, past two years old already! She nudged her mare as they made their way outside. "He's growing up pretty fast isn't he AJ?" She nuzzled AJ's cheek, knowing she could be pretty touchy about Zap's age. "But there's a ton of fun years to come! He's just the right age to start being able to enjoy holidays like this one!" She nodded. "Yeah, I'm happy to be here with you too AJ....I've been pretty busy the last little while... I missed you guys," She stayed close to AJ's side, the farm mare's scent of sweet apple and straw filling her senses. 

She lightly tugged on Zap's lion tail. "You are happy aren't yah Zap? Bet you can't wait to try some of the nice foods your mamma's got out tonight?"

Tank zoomed by with his magic propeller whirring, heading towards the cider. "Hey you! Save some for the rest of us!"

tsg1Nbq.jpg

"Go to Ponyville!" they said, "It'll be a hoot!" They said. So much for a scenic vacation at the heart of Equestria. It was a still a vacation, but with this crazy fog, there was nothing scenic about it. Back home in Polohama there were playable comics that had a creepy scene like this.  Hoshi had played them now and then and this whole night reminded her of that story where some average looking stallion was wandering some fog covered town, looking for his deceased wife who somehow had written him a letter. Euch! Just the thought of that experience brought a shiver down the earth pony's spine, "Gimme a break..." The tourist muttered as her small golemic companion hovered around by her side, "Figures the first vacation I take in ages takes me into a horror show of somekind..."

She could hardly see the muzzle in front of her face through all this fog Last structure she ran into was a cottage and that was weirdly empty. The one before that only made a steady growling sound  when she knocked on the door. Now she'd been walking for almost half an hour before mist started to think out and se saw... a barn? A bit rustic looking, but it had a light in it. Any sign of life on this spooky night was a welcome sight.  "Looks like we caught a break for once. Huh, Kuzu?" 

Spoiler

bEhRD3A.jpg

A cheerful chirp came from the hovering little construct at her side, the small fox golem floated in orbit steadily around it's master as she made her way to the barn. As soon as the two made it to the open door, both peaked around the corner and knocked on the wood, partly for luck and partly to make their presence known. "Oi! I hope you two-- er three aren't ghosts or something. I'd hate to find out I just wandered into the next world." Once the mare got a good look around she would smile and saunter in, whistling at the warm set up around her. "Well, I think this place is too cozy for the hereafter."

"I'm Hoshi, A visitor from Neighpon." She dipped her head politely, "A pleasure to meet you all."

Wa5FBtc.png

Being craned onto his mother's back, Zap was relaxed and felt no need to fight the desire for exploratory independence for now. Her speaking on lions made Zap's imagination soar. He thought of the jungle as being a dark collection of foliage, or just a smattering of really tall grass. "Haheh, rawr. Imma lion!" Zap giggled and then started petting the mane of Applejack's costume. It was more abundant and full than Zap's of course. "Big pretty mane!"

After a few playful strokes of the fake hair, Zap felt his tail get pulled as his rainbow mother got his attention. He wasn't sure what the whole ordeal was or even that it was called Nightmare Night. But he knew that any shindig that took any amount of effort out of either one of his mothers meant only one thing. Eats. And a growing boy like Zap, though he couldn't put away much, loved it all. "Yeah! I want," Zap thought for a moment, thinking of the words to say. "I want. To eat, I want to eat candy." Zap raised his hooves to show his excitement to where his train of thought had led him. "Yeah, I want to eat food, and candy. Fritters and candy!"

Zap saw tank flying in and Rainbow Dash commented on his entrance. While watching the tortoise hover in, Zap's wings instinctively buzzed for a few seconds without generating any lift, the subconscious of his pegasus nature attempting to fire the engines to take flight himself. But his inexperience and the bubble of his mothers' presences kept him from launching. "What is Tank drinking?" Zap asked, feeling as though he just might be thirsty himself, the thoughts on his lips attaching to the material things he sees.

5HbB79Q.png

Rarity tailored that outfit? Hehe, that musta been a hoot. She couldn't imagine it was high on Rarity's wishlist. Nothing all that exciting or fashionable about it. A bit garish, impish, showpony- speaking more on the matter it seemed right up Rarity's alley, actually. She likely had a hoot with it. “Well, she did great. Hopefully this big ol' scary lion doesn't gobble you right on up tonight and ruin it, right?” She said, eyebrows arching and head tilted towards Zap Apple. It'd be mighty impressive in its own way...she chuckled. “Well, Ah don't think yer in much danger from this fierce critter on top of me. He's gonna be stuffed full tonight, ain't ya Zap?” She asked as she embraced the crisp outdoor air. "Better hold onto these moments, RD. Soon enough he'll be outflyin ' me and outbuckin ' you and we'll be at a loss!"

Zap gave a good roar and giggle. Yep, she would hold onto this one.
“You sure are one heck of a good lion, Zap. Tha best lion roar thar ever was!” Applejack said as she gave her little stallion a nice bump with a jump. Why, he had just the cutest laugh ever! Other mommas probably though their little fellas had cuter laughs but they were as wrong as a peace on an apple tree. She could even feel the tug and petting of her big, beautiful lion mane. Her costume had been a big hit with the only pony she really cared to know whether it was liked or not.

Speaking of big hits, as they left the barn and into the Orchard where all the goodies had been set up, he made clear his desires. He wanted candy and fritters. Well, that was the staple of every good diet, now wasn't it? On Nightmare Night at least, it was! “Candy and fritters? You know what, on Nightmare Night, you can have all the candy and fritters you want!” She said as she trotted over to a table and put Zap down on it, living him room enough for his wings. She picked up a nice chocolate ball. “Now this looks good!” She put it in her mouth. “Tastes good, too!”

As she chewed on the candy she leaned on the table and gave Rainbow a good once over. “Thank Celestia for holdin' off on that rain, though. This fog's been killer enough, what with it makin' it hard ta see where yer's hooves are at doing work. Wouldn't want ta add mud on top of it. Y'all have any clue as what's up with this here mud?” She asked as she unwrapped a small chocolate apple. She slammed it on the table to soften it, and then you could bite right into it as easy as an apple. She started breaking off pieces for Zap Apple.

“Here ya go, Zap,” she said as she went to work. “Happy you could make it, Rainbow, what with yer schedule and all. They give any consideration ta what we talked about last, what with me becoming a Twilight Guard and whatnot? It'd be nice havin' you 'round more often,” she said while still looking at Zap. Watching him do whatever he was doing was worth the price of admission. That'd been high, by the way. And loud. Applejack was a loud birther, it turned out. And a foul-mouthed one. “Ain't sayin' Ah expect them to approve of it, even if you did bring it up,” she admitted, only a slight sulkiness making it in there. It was banished rather quickly though as she started pouring cider for the two of them, ignoring the one Tank was drinking from.

It was around this time that she noticed one of her guests, a strange one. Strange because she had something weird floating around her. Applejack studied it for a second before realizing she had been spoken to and was being a bad guest. She put her full cup of cider down and waved this 'Hoshi' over, smiling as she greeted the newcomer. “Well, how-dee there, Ms. Hoshi. Please ta be makin' yer acquaintance! We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like making new friends,” she asked as she grabbed Hoshi's hooves and gave an emphatic shake. “Come here ta enjoy tha party? Well shucks, happy ta have ya! Plenty of drinks, snakes, games, and good friends ta share tha holiday with. Ah'm Applejack and this is my foal, Zap Apple, and that number right thar is mah partner, Rainbow Dash! So, yer from Neighpon? Ain't never been thar before. And what's that, uhh, creature y'all have floatin' right there?”

As the Apple Family continued to set up for the party a figure dressed in black started to approach the gathering and few ponies looked up in surprise but smiled as the costumed pony was revealed.  Rocky was dressed as famous country singer "Johnny Flash" in a black coat, black collared shirt, sunglasses, a guitar strapped to his back, and his black mane slicked back like the legendary singer of famous songs such as "Ring of Fire" and "The Pony in Black" and even "I Trot the Line."

Rocky was always glad to attend the Apple family party and his brother, Boulder Dash, even let him attend on his own this year.  Still he knew to mind his manners and uphold the family honor as he nodded and greeted a few ponies he knew from town before spotting the hostess of the event in her lion costume.  Walking up he bowed his head and tipped his sun glasses down to the group exposing his hazel eyes.

"Howdy Ya'll.  I'm Johnny Flash" he said in the singer's famous country twang which Rocky had been practicing all month.

The Colt smiled as he looked at AJ and Rainbow Dash with a friendly smile.  "It's me Applejack Ma'am.  Rocky from da Boulder Family.  I wanted to personally thank ya'll fer getting the invite to the yearly bash and extend my brother's best wishes too" he said.

image.jpeg

Rainbow was happy to see others showing up. She knew the Apple's party always attracted the best kind of folks to hang out with. Relaxed, cool, and fun! She smiled as little Zap experienced new foods. It was great to see how AJ cared for him, and RD hoped she was able to do the same. She had never been the mothering sort that Applejack obviously found second nature. She would try her best though! At leas the little guy would always know his mama RD thought the world of him and loved him a tremendous amount!

"Uh, yeah..." She stammered as AJ brought up joining the guard. It really wasn't something she wanted to be talking about right now. The subject was indeed a sore spot. Rainbow was tied to her schedule and had hoped Applejack would be the stay at home type long enough to get Zappers past his primary years. Having her want to join the guard so quickly was mre than a cramp in Rainbow's style. It would mean a change to everything! That wasn't something she was all that willing to do. "Yeah, I've thought about it..." Her words trailed off, not really wanting to start anything with the party just getting started and all.

She was especially glad to have others show up just at that moment! She trotted up to Johnny and nodded a greeting. "Hey there Johnny, glad you could make it!" At the mention of his brother Rainbow snorted. She had been unable to attend the Running of the Leaves this year and knew Boulder had been a contestant. The snort was from her disappointment  at not being able to attend but she nudged Johnny too. "He still too beat from running to make it?"

Wa5FBtc.png

Encouraged by his Mothers, Zap jiggled with excitement while on Applejack's back. He found joy in the reaction of the ponies that would hear him roar. And he would continue to until forever most likely. "Raarrr!" He yapped at Rainbow Dash, on command of Applejack. When she gave a light buck, Zap held onto her artificial mane and buzzed his wings to gain what seemed like instinctual stability. "Woah, hehe." Zap was paying no attention to the adult conversation his Mothers were having. Even if he could make out and fully comprehend what they were discussing, none of the context was related to feeding him fritters or candy, and was therefore not important.

He was ridden to the table where he was sat down so that food would be presented in front of him. He was so happy that the normal restriction of excess sugar and candy was not something that was observed on an evening like tonight. He wished it was Nightmare Night every night! As Applejack fed him some chocolate, Zap was immediately pleased by the sweet taste of the treat. What kind of apple was this? Why had he never tasted anything like this before? Where were the chocolate apple trees? "Yum!" Zap started leaning forward to help himself, not being patient for whatever pace his mother was going to set him at.

However, as he was eager for more sweets a stranger pony walked towards Applejack, and she was greeted with the typical Apple family welcome. Zap decided he would also oblige pleasantries. He stood up on all legs and aimed his voice at the new equine. "Rawr! I'm a lion!"

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack had a deep and abiding love affair for the classics of country that had paved the musical way for so many others. Johnny Flash was one of 'em! Why, she wasn't some prude who had a distaste for the modern stuff, even if it weren't necessarily her cup of juice most of the time. Wasn't as if she hated it, either. But for her bits she'd rather listen to some good old country, the style of music that had made popular music well, popular, outside of high-falutein classical music recordings. Many a pony's first time hearing recorded music back in the day was country music, and Johnny Flash was one of the best there ever was. She was happy to see that the youngins' still had a good ol' fashioned love for the fella. "Snazzy costume you got there, Rocky! Cute as a button, an' handsome ta boot. Ah bet Apple Bloom'll love it," she teased as she poured him a cup of punch and leaned in, "welcome ta tha party. Ah hope yer havin' a great Nightmare Night!"

You know who was having a great Nightmare Night? Her little Zap Apple, that's who! He looked like he was about to stuff his face full of some tasty treats, the little stinker, but decided against it when the guests arrived. He approached and spoke in his adorable, amazing, miracle little voice, telling them that he was a lion. Yep, that was cute. "He sure is a lion, ain't he? Tha best lion there ever was. Ain't ya, little stinker you? This lion would sure like a fritter now wouldn't he?" She asked as she got on his level and leaned in for a quick nuzzle. She knew she was often overly affectionate but she didn't care. Every time she saw him it was like a miracle all over again, her little stallion, her son. She enjoyed motherhood as much as she could possibly enjoy anything. She knew Rainbow did as well. It was a little disappointing to hear how pensive she was in regards to the important conversations but Applejack knew that for all of her skills and confidence, Rainbow was worried about what could happen. Applejack wasn't worried. She was a Guard, a Farmer, and a Mother, and knew she could do all of those jobs to perfection. That didn't mean she didn't want some more help, however. "Well, no use talkin' about it now, RD. Just enjoy this here party!"

tsg1Nbq.jpg

Hoshi could feel that shaking hoof all they way to her haunches. Were all equestrians so exuberantly enthusiastic? Keeping pace with the farm-mare's might hoof wasn't an easy task but eventually she weathered the energetic greeting. Normally she might have given Applejack her business card... but well, it was in Neighponese.  "It's likewise a pleasure to make your aquaintance." A minty mane would dip as its owner bowed her head, "I look forward to participating in the festivities."  

Questions about one of her favorite subjects soon came up: Kuzu. Hoshi cleared her throat and raised a hoof, the orbiting golem soon balancing on the center of her hoof. "This is Kuzu! She's my partner... well, not in the same way as you and yours though." Kuzu herself would bow deeply in greeting,  "She's a smaller scale version of the Kuzunoha fox Golem in the Polohama Dome. Where the golem matches are held."

A small roar made the mare's ear's perk up. When she looked down she noticed the young colt dressed in his adorable lion costume. Kuzu's initial reaction was to hop down in front of the colt then pretend to cower in fear of the mighty predator! Hoshi in her own more subdued attitude would smile at little Zap, "... A Fearsome lion, indeed! It's a pleasure to meet you, Zap. You and your mothers!"

Rocky bowed to Rainbow Dash with pride as she mentioned his big brother.  Nightmare Night had been a favorite holiday of Boulder Dash and Rocky for years.  The two enjoyed the tricks and treats for years and always found ways to celebrate with friends, neighbors, and family.  This year the two had separated with Rocky spending his time with the Apples and Boulder Dash in town to see the Princess.

"He ain't too tired to probably be scaring the fillies again Miss. Dash Ma'am.  All in good fun but he sure is good at it.  I'm sure ya'll be seeing him around soon.  He always likes to grab some apples fer the Winter season" he said.

Placing the sun glasses in his coat pocket he heard a loud rawr sound.  Looking down he smiled at the youngin dressed like a lion cub.  "Heh heh heh.  Ya'll definitely are a good fierce lion buddy and a good fierce lion gets something special" he said as he reached into his coat and pulled out a small wrapped up chocolate bar which he handed to the little Zap Apple.

Accepting the punch from Applejack Rocky nodded in thanks as he sipped it, but when she mentioned the words "Apple Bloom" and "will love it" he started coughing and stammered as he forced the punch down his throat.  He quickly composed himself and swallowed as he turned a bright red color. 

"Well I uh I mean I'm sure I uh would love to show her my costume. Is um is Miss. Apple Bloom here tonight?" He asked nervously placing a hoof in his mane.

• 2 weeks later...

Wa5FBtc.png

Gaining appreciation for his mighty roar, he beamed a smile as both his mother and the new guest Hoshi. It was fun getting attention from everypony, even those that Zap has never met before. Applejack's willingness to greet ponies gave Zap a very welcoming attitude in almost every situation. Being called a cute colt with a cute feline costume, chocolate and fritters everywhere, everypony being nice, what was there to lose? "Hahum! I want fritters. Imma fritter lion! Rawr!" Zap had been addressed by Hoshi and he would indeed appreciate the comment, but he was distracted by the thought of fritters adorning the insides of his cheeks.

Rocky approached Zap and complimented his outfit and his persona. "Rawr!" Zap repeated. He would have to make sure everypony got at least one roar. But when Rocky pulled out a candy bar, Zap's eyes dilated in wonderment. Rocky gave the candy bar to Zap and Zap was elated. "Alright!" He would spend the next few seconds trying to unwrap the treat with his teeth and his hooves with no immediate success.

image.jpeg

Well, it looked like AJ didn't want to continue down that particular path right now. Which was good...because RD had some pretty strong feelings about the whole thing. It wasn't like she could just oh you...not do the jobs she had. Unlike Applejack, not that she would ever admit it, but she couldn't just multitask a million priorities. Sure she had agreed to have a colt with Applejack ,and true she loved Applejack immensely, but she couldn't just drop everything and take on responsibilities in raising Zap beyond what she already did. Still she couldn't help but feel irritated that AJ would ask her to help out more like she didn't already do a lot. That along with the fact that she would bring up what she knew would be a sore subject in front of other ponies... yeah RD would have a talk with her later. It probably would not turn out to be at all a pleasant talk as both mares were super strong willed...

She took a breath and let her thoughts turn from such matter for a few minutes. She nodded back to Rocky as she commented on his brother's whereabouts.

"Well, glad to hear he's still got enough energy to enjoy the festivities tonight!"

She absently reached down and helped Zap to open up his treat. "There you go little guy! Tonight's a night for you to have all the fun a little lion can handle!" She ruffled his mane and hoofed him back the treat. She was so glad she had him. Zap was just the best! It was only matter of time before he was up there in the clouds learning the important parts of being a pegasus from her! Sure he was spending time on the ground right now but as so as those wing muscles developed she would make sure he was up there as much as possible.

Rainbow loved Applejack but right now she was super annoyed. She blew her forelocks out of her eyes and trotted up to her mare. 

"Hey AJ, this party's great and all..." Rainbow was never good at holding back her emotions, especially when she felt like she did right now. "But I gotta go." She frowned slightly.

"Come on Tank!" She called to her tortoise pet and headed for the skies to brood. She would take this up with AJ...later.

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack wasn't a perfect mare by any stretch of the imagination, and it was perhaps a little wrong of her to toy with Rocky in such a way. But it was hard not to, really it was. Young love was just so fun. "Ah don't rightly know. She may be out trick or treatin'. Ah wanted ta have her here but y'all know what its like ta be a grown pony, don'tcha?" She said with a chuckle, drinking her own juice as she kept half an eye on Zap. The newest guest, the foreign kirin of some kind, was pretty fun herself. She wasn't so exuberant as to be demanding of all the attention but you could tell she had a bundle of energy stored behind her and her strange golem thing. Applejack wasn't ignorant, not like the stereotypes, and was also smart enough to know when the questions she wanted to ask about the golem were likely less than polite. Was it less of a partner or a pet? Or an object? Was it even considered alive? She reckoned that anything that move and spoke or could react to ponies big and small, especially small. Watching Kaz and Zap interact was super cute. "Well, we're mighty glad ta have ya. Where ya makin' yer way from, ta be exact?" She asked.

While she was happily conversing with her guests she kept an eye on Zap. Rocky gave the overactive and adorable lion of the family a candy in a wrapper. She watched as he struggled with it for a few seconds, wanting to take care of it for him but thinking better of that. He had to work it out on his own for a few seconds. She grabbed a fritter when it looked like he was about to fail- he was gonna get a treat no matter what, her little fritter lion- when Rainbow came on over to ensure that it was unwrapped. That was fine. It had been long enough for him to have a shot. Still, AJ went ahead and started trotting towards them when RD came up to her, Tank called for quickly after. Was Rainbow really this unnerved, this moody about what had been a simple request? It wasn't even about the answer, not really. Applejack knew full well that Dash's schedule was tough. So was Applejack's, by the by. Yet Applejack always found the time, or tried to find the time, for what really mattered. And if she couldn't, it wasn't for lack of trying. "Alright, Rainbow. See you later- hey, by tha way. Lyra and Bon Bon asked us if we wanted ta go on a double date Friday, next week. If yer interested, Ah can make tha arrangements," she said with increasing volume as RD made her distance. 

It would have been real easy to stay a little miffed at the rainbow colored streak of annoyance in the sky but she had a beautiful baby boy here who had wanted a fritter. She walked up to Zap and got down low and good for him, placing the fritter none too far from him. "Is mah fritter lion have a load of fun tonight? Ah bet he wants ta play games later, right?"

Archived