The Fallen Force (Star Wars Pony PR)

Skycoaster

“Yeah. I like to control the fight my way. Usually means attacking first and keeping up the pressure while still leaving room for counterattacks where available. And see? I told you Tia was a trickster.” Tiger laughed at the idea of lightsaber fluid, kinda enjoying reminiscing with the two. 

Raven blinked, thinking on how she fought. "Actually, master... What I practice is known as Niman, or form six... Although I use some of the other forms as well, depending on what the situation calls for..." She said. She also couldn't hold back a soft giggle at the thought of Master Tia playing a joke. It was well known around the temple that she enjoyed lightning the mood when she could.

Midnight would smile. "Perhaps when we have some free time, you would do me the honor of a duel Tiger Blood." He would then look to his padawn. "Niman? That is one that I have not heard of being practiced as a primary form by anypony in years. It mainly relies on force abilities to supplement it, correct?" The bat pony would sigh. "It is the form preferred by councilors and jedi diplomats. If it is truly the form you wish to master, I will not object, though I may not be much help."

A small alarm would begin to go off on the shuttle's dashboard. "Looks like were coming up on our first of our jump points." Midnight would sit back in the left pilot's seat. Pulling back on the hyperdrive lever, an asteroid field would appear before them. "First jump complete. Next jump other side of asteroid field," S-K-3 would beep. "Well, here's where the fun begins, Raven make sure your buckled up. Tiger, activate the main laser cannons...just in case an asteroid gets too close for comfort." With a smile, Midnight would guide the nose of the ship into the asteroids.

"Sounds like fun to me." He nodded, smirking at his fellow knight before they emerged into the asteroid field. He got into his seat, ready to shoot any asteroids he needed to if they got too close, watching as Midnight began leading the ship through. 

Raven nodded, noticing the asteroids outside the window. She quickly turned her attention back to her console, her nervousness about being on the ship coming back. It was a fairly well known fact that it wasn't a good idea to fly into an asteroid field, and she could speak from personal experience with the training simulator that there were a lot of variables one had to keep in mind. Every time the ship made a bank, she'd tense up a bit, and tense up a lot when she'd hear the gun firing...

Midnight would navigate the first half of the asteroid field with ease, only having to back the ship left and right. Before them, two large asteroids came closer to collision with each other, the bat pony would have to roll the ship to the left to avoid it. “Tiger, three o’clock, incoming fast,” he would bark as a decent size asteroid approached.

S-K-3 would beep, “Deploy relay beacon now.” Would be the message that displayed on Raven’s screen.

Tiger shot the approaching asteroids as they came, sometimes multiple times as needed. He wasn’t much for blasters, but he knew his way around stuff like what the ship had. And with the help of the computer it was a relatively simple task. 

Raven felt her stomach drop slightly as the ship twisted and turned through the asteroid field. However, she had to focus on something on, dropping a relay beacon. At first, she wondered why, but then realized that where they were going there probably wasn't anyway to communicate, so having the beacons were necessary. She was lucky, since when the droid said that, a large button popped up. There was a soft thunk sound as the beacon was shifted and dropped out the ship, and she smiled, glad she hadn't screwed up...

Midnight would roll the ship once more to the right, avoiding one large asteroid before taking the ship out of the field into open space. He would take a big sigh of relief before sinking back into the pilot's char. "That's something I do not want to do again anytime soon." Looking around the cockpit, he would see that S-K-3 had loaded the next jump point into the navacomputer. Pulling the hyperdrive handle once more, they where en-route to their final destination. "Looks like a short jump," he would say with relief in his voice. "Anypony want to talk about anything?"

Meanwhile, the galaxy was changing around them back in the Galactic Senate....

Tiger relaxed as they exited the field, leaning back in his chair and shrugging at Midnight’s question about conversation topics. He kinda just wanted to rest, but if someone else wanted to talk while they were doing it, that would be fine too. 

Raven thought for a second when she heard Midnight wonder about conversation topics. She couldn't think of anything, especially since her nerves were a little frazzled from the swift movements the ship made. She knew most of that was in her head, but she would swear the ship had a faulty inertia dampener... Perhaps she could fix it, when they land... Where ever they were going... "Do... Do we know anything about where we're going?" She finally asked, curiosity drawing her out of thinking about the ship...

Midnight sighed at the question. Master Luna hadn’t given him the most detailed plan. “All I was given was the bare minimum. This place has apparently not been on charts for over 500 years.” Forcing a smile, Midnight would look back to Raven. “Wherever were going, Master Luna trusts us to complete this mission. I-“

The navacomputer would being to beep as Midnight would turn around to face the windscreen and pull disengage the hyperdrive. Before them, a lush green and blue planet. Orbiting the planet was a derelict station.

Tiger leaned back in his seat, listening to what little was known about their mission. The discussion didn’t last long before they arrived though, and the lush-looking planet came into view. Looked like a nice place, though the station implied previous occupation. At least out here. What happened to them? 

“So, there have been people here before advanced enough to build that station. What happened to them, I wonder.”

Raven looked at the station, and then at her screen. She wasn't getting any signals from the station, not even automated ones, but they may have been too far away. The station looked like it had seen better days, and was likely very low on power, if not completely out... though that was just her guess from what she saw of it out the viewscreen. "So... We're going into an unknown situation, with no intel really? That's... That's reassuring..." She couldn't help but say. She was sure that the council, especially Master Luna, wouldn't have sent just anyone, though she did wonder at her own inclusion. Maybe it was because of how she wasn't as well set in the Jedi ways yet, which could be valuable in it's own way...

• Like 1

Midnight would nod to Tiger Blood. "From what I know of the mission, you are correct. This planet was abandon over 300 years ago and...even removed from Republic navigation charts. If I had to guess, I want to say this is-" as he was cut off by an incoming priority holonet new update. "Breaking news from the Galactic Senate today as in a surprising move, the senate has voted dissolve the Jedi Order. The measure passed by only one vote. Any remaining able body Jedi are to be conscripted into the Galactic Army. Details to come as more is know."

The bat pony would sigh as he slouched back into his chair. "Well....Crap. Now we know why we're out here. We're hiding from our own Republic." 

Tiger simply watched the planet and station while listening to the others speak. He did look over at the announcement, leaving his mouth hanging open in shock for a bit. 

“Huh.” Was all he had to say at first, working his mouth some more without words. “So now... we’re the order? And I guess any other hidden missions they may have had going on. That’s... pretty heavy.”

• 4 weeks later...

Raven was stunned by the news, unable to really believe it. The... The Republic had effectively removed her identity with one vote... and she was torn by it. She didn't want to betray the Republic, but she also didn't want to hurt her fellow Jedi in any way. She'd just have to keep her head down, and follow the Jedi's orders... They couldn't fault her for that, right? It was times like this, where she was uncertain and even slightly afraid, that she wished she was more connected to the force. Hearing some of the masters talk, they described it as a guiding influence, one that could tell a being what to do, but the best she'd ever really had was being able to influence her own person with it... "If... If that's the case, then... Then lets hope whoever was responsible for wiping the data from the nav-charts was thorough... I imagine the Senate's going to have someone go through the temple's archives, and find a list of those who are in the order... If nothing else so that way they can identify those who are like us..." She finally said, her voice catching every now and then in shock...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Midnight sighed as he nodded along to Raven. "Judging by the way we had to take to get here...I'd imagine it's been gone for ages. The republic hasn't used orbital stations in almost 500 years and this one looks...well older then that. The masters knew what they where doing and don't think they chose this planet by chance." Leaning forward in his char, Midnight would direct the shuttle towards the decrepit looking orbital station. "First order of busniess, get this thing back on line...cut the lines to the communications first though. We don't want to risk sending out a distress ping....or worse."

The ship would approach a docking bay. Reaching out through the force, he would try to open the door with only little progress. "Tiger, Raven, let's see if we can get this open."

Tiger nodded at the plan that Midnight laid down, watching as they approached the station. Hopefully it was intact enough to support life, and not have a giant hole in it or something they couldn’t see. When they got to the door, he reached out to it through the force and began pulling as hard as he could. 

“If there’s any debris around that looks sturdy enough, try to stick it in there and help pry this open.” He said to the other two, figuring one of them could take care of that while he tried to give it enough of an opening to give it purchase. 

Raven nodded, seeing no other course of action at the moment. She closed her eyes, trying to feel the area around them with the force, though it took a little bit to put her emotions aside so she could. She quickly located what seemed to be part of an old support strut, and glided it over. It seemed to be tapered, and she smiled slightly at their good fortune as she slid the small end into the crack they'd opened...