The Fallen Force (Star Wars Pony PR)

Skycoaster

OOC

Star Wars

The Fallen Force

A dark fog hangs over the Equestrian Galaxy. War has decimated the ranks of the galaxy’s Jedi protectors. Once numbered in the thousand, only a few hundred remain. Now a new threat will emerge that may end them all together.

With a Galactic Senate now the ruling body of the Galaxy, the two sisters have retired from ruling and now focusing on protecting the galaxy through the Magic of Friendship and the Force. 

Recently promoted Knight Midnight Oil has been assigned to a secret mission to a planet long forgotten by his old master, as well as another surprise for the young Jedi Knight. 

Now a young Jedi Knight, Midnight Oil, has been tasked by his old master on a secrete mission to the ancient saber forge before darkness swallows the galaxy..... Little dose the team know that a new threat is waiting in the shadows....

Midnight Oil stood the main hanger of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. His gaze locked onto the Mu-class shuttle in front of him. His heart was beating the quickest it had since he had passed the Jedi Trials only a few short days ago. "Jedi Knight....Jedi Knight....Commander Midnight..." he muttered to himself "Your first mission on behalf of Master Luna...You can...You must do this.." figgiting with his robe's hood, he would walk slowing towards the shuttle taking slow, deep breaths. Reaching the shuttles ramp, he would lean against on the landing struts, awaiting the team that had been chosen for this mission.

Tiger Blood wasn't quite as new to being a Jedi knight as Midnight, a few days, maybe a week. Still, seniority was seniority, not that he really cared about that. He was no armchair commander, he led through example, charging in with the front lines. If someone didn't want to follow him then oh well, the enemy wasn't about to defeat themselves so he had more important things to worry about. Regardless, the earth pony made his way towards the shuttle, his weapon strapped to his back as he walked. He wore nothing besides the outside robe with the hood and his pants, plus his typical necklace. As he approached, he noticed the other knight waiting on the ramp and gave a nod before moving over to lean on the other strut.

"So, you ready for this? Never know what might happen." He said, looking out over the area to see who else might be joining them.

• Like 1

Raven Shadowfire slowly approached the hanger, doing her best to get a handle on her emotions, as she was taught. Her old master had died, when negotiations had turned hostile, and so she was being assigned to a new one, a knight known as Midnight Oil. She wasn't sure how he would react to her, and that led to her being apprehensive, as well as the fact she knew almost nothing about what the mission she was going to help on was. She smoothed out her robes and felt the comforting touch of her sabers, a ritual she'd used several times to calm herself. With that done, she felt better, more centered, and she finally took the last step around the corner, and started towards the ship she'd been told to go to. When there, she saw two others already at the ship. One presumably was her master, and the other must be some support the council had decided to send on the mission. As she reached the ramp, she stopped, and gave a short dip of her head. "Hello, sirs. I believe that one of you are supposed to be Master Midnight Oil, correct? The council believes I could learn from following him on this mission." She said, doing her best to keep the nervousness she naturally felt out of mind.

• Like 1

Midnight nodded to the newly arrived Jedi. "As ready as we're going to be," he said with apprehension in his voice. "Master Luna has only given me the information needed to begin our mission, nothing more. I'm afraid we are going in blind...by the council's design. To be honest, I'm not even sure the entire Jedi Council has even authorized the mission. It may be just Master Luna and Grand Master Celestia...."

The bat pony's glance would look over his fellow night now flanking the other landing strut, taking note of his appearance and how it varied drastically from a traditional Jedi. It would only be mere moments however before another Jedi would enter the scene. This one much younger then himself and his fellow Knight whom he had yet to still as his name. "A padawan?" he would say to Tiger. "I wonder if her master is coming on this mission as well?"

As Raven addressed them, the bat pony's jaw would hang open in shock for a few moments. "I...Um...I'm Jedi Knight Midnight Oil. Who's padawan did you say you where again?" he said with confusion in his voice and a look of shock on his face. "Um...Welcome. I don't believe I caught you name, ether of your names actually. I guess now is as good of time as any to formally introduce ourselves," as he looked to Tiger as well.

Two knights and a padawan on a basically blind mission... well, this would likely be rather interesting, at least. He looked over the younger mare, nodding to her before looking back over to Midnight. 

“Right, right, introductions. Name’s Tiger Blood, nice to meet you two.” He said, looking them over again. They both looked capable enough. “I look forward to seeing what you can do.”

• Like 1

Raven dipped her head down, surprised that Midnight hadn't been told. "Um... I've been... Assigned to you, Master Midnight... My name is Raven Shadowfire..." She said, looking over the other knight, and then at the ship. She'd only ever once been on a ship before, and that was while she was on her way to the temple. She closed her eyes briefly as she focused on her breathing, doing her best to keep her mind focused...

• Like 1

Midnight quickly shook off his confusion and smiled at his new padawan....new padawan. that was going to take a while to get used to as well. "Nice to meet you. I’m sorry how I reacted originally. You see, I just passed the Jedi Trials just a few days ago to become a Knight. The council must see similarity between us and great potential within you. I'm glad to have you onboard Raven," as he extended his hoof to her. Though he looked calm on the outside, his mind began to race with all the pickles that he had gotten his master into at that age...

The bat pony looked to Tiger. "I have a good feeling about the team that has assembled here so far. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to get the shuttle warmed up."

Midnight walked slowly up the ramp into the Mu-Class shuttle. "Still has that new ship smell," he would say loud enough to be heard by Tiger and Raven. As he walked slowly into the cockpit, he would pause before taking a seat in the left pilot's char. Black leather seats, tinted windscreen...four total seats in the cockpit. As he flipped the main power switch, lights both inside and outside the ship would slowly begin to come on.

“Yeah. You both look pretty capable.” Tiger nodded, following Midnight into the ship, stretching as he went. Eventually he made his way into the cockpit and sat in the front right seat, helping get the ship ready to go. 

• Like 1

Raven smiled awkwardly back, before following her new master onto the ship. The other knight, Tiger Blood, had claimed the co-pilot seat, which was fine with her, as she'd only piloted in simulators, never in real life. So, she instead quietly chose one of the other seats in the back, and sat. After strapping in, she took a look around the cabin, before closing her eyes. She focused her mind inward, trying her best to meditate some and get rid of the nervousness she felt at being sent out once more into the galaxy...

• Like 1

Random audible hums and beeps could be heard as the ship began to come to life. Midnight would look around the cabin to notice that both Tiger Blood and Raven had entered the cockpit as well "Looks like it may be just us three....unless somecreature else shows up. Five minutes...then we take off." As he looked at the empty seat, he would sigh deeply.Leaning back in his char, he begin to rub his hoof on his forehead.

"Raven," he would call back to his padawan, "Make yourself comfortable with the console in front of you. That's normally the seat for the communication officer. I think this shuttle is equipped with relay beacons for long range communications..."  he would chuckle for a moment as a thought ran through his head. "You know, it's almost like whomever gave us this shuttle doesn't want our communications to be traced."

A metallic sound could be heard rolling from the cabin behind them and into the cockpit. "Correct," an Astromech droid would beep, It's translation displaying on each of the ship's console in front of them. "Name = S-K-3. I came with Ship. Registered Owner = Midnight Oil. Not Official Jedi craft in case of mission complications. Can not be traced back to Jedi Council."

Tiger leaned back in his seat, getting comfortable after doing everything he needed to, humming slightly at Midnight’s words about the communications. Yes, it really did, didn’t it? 

He looked over at the droid as it entered, glancing back at the screens for the translation. Well, that was interesting...

”Covert ops, huh? Why would the council need plausible deniability? Who are they trying to hide this from, I wonder?” He hummed, contemplating what they could be doing that needs all this secrecy from the Jedi Council. 

Raven nodded as she focused on the console. She'd completely missed it when she sat down, but wasn't too surprised the ship had one. She was a little surprised at the Astromech came in, but quickly smiled. One of the things she liked was working on machines, and she couldn't help but value the various robots she saw highly, though she did her best to tamper it. The news it brought, that the council wanted their mission to be a secret, and bit her lip in thought. "Maybe... Maybe we're going somewhere the council doesn't have a lot of pull, or they're worried how it will be perceived..." She offered, quickly looking back at the Com screen, acting like she'd not said something... She wasn't sure how Midnight would take what she said. Her former master had been lenient, letting her speak freely, but she had heard stories from other padawans that some masters were strict...

Midnight could feel his heart rate rising as he read the droids text on the small screen in front of him. He had known Master Luna had been spooked about something and this only confirmed it. What could make the second highest ranking Jedi so worried. Nodding his head in agreement to Tiger Blood, his ears would perk up once he heard his padawan speak. "That's a good thought Raven. Thank you for your input." The bat pony would try to hide a sigh however before sharing his thoughts on the matter. "I feel there is a disturbance in the force, though I can't figure it out. It's surrounding our republic. With this war....and increasing oversight from the Republic Senate with the Jedi affairs....who's really going to miss three low level Jedis."

Midnight looked to Tiger. "Didn't you find it odd that we both got promoted to Knights, though our rank in the Republic Army did not increase to General like the other Knights and Masters...and with Raven never being out of the Jedi Temple since her training began...or at least that's my theory." He would stop talking and started to take deep breaths trying to calming himself back down. Pressing a button, the ramp to the shuttle would begin to rise.

Tiger hummed to himself as he listened to the others speak and voice their ideas on the subject. It was all very strange in the end, really, just like Midnight was saying. In the end, all three of them were not that important to the order. They could easily hide their absence from those that would care about that for the wrong reasons. Now the only real questions were who those were and what was so important about this mission to require this level of secrecy. His only real response to the others at the moment was a hum as he settled in to contemplate what was going on around here.

An audible hiss could be heard as the ramp to the shuttle closed and the cabin  pressurized. Hovering in the hanger, the ships landing gear retracted and the shuttle began to move forward. Exiting the hanger, the ships wings would fold down into their flight position. 

Midnight would look back to his new padawan, sensing her nervousness. “Are you alright Raven,” he would say with concern in his voice. “It shouldn’t be too long of fight to our destination.”

The bat pony would turn his attention once more to the windscreen in front of them as the blue sky over Corusont turned into the blackness of space. 

Raven blinked, her attention drawn from the panel in front of her. "Hmmm?" She said, before realizing what Midnight said. "Sorry, Master... I... I've only been on a ship once, on my way to my training... and... well... this... This is also my first mission... My previous master didn't think I was ready when he was assigned to... to his last mission..." She turned back to the screen, but not without catching a glimpse of space. It caused a slight moment of nervousness, before she managed to center herself and focused on the screen. She decided that unless she was needed for something, she'd just stick to the screen, instead of looking around...

Tiger sighed slightly as the ship lifted off and started on it's automated flight to their destination. With nothing else to do at the moment, he got comfortable in his chair and attempted to get some rest during the trip. He had a lot to think about, but he also had to make sure he was rested enough to face any challenges they may face, so for now he simply started to take a nap.

Midnight would smile to Raven as he continued to pilot the shuttle. “Imputing Hyperspace quadrants.” S-K-3 would beep. With a pull of the hyperdrive lever, the shuttle would be on its way. “Destination requires two jumps, the droid would beep once more.

With the ship under the control of the navacomputer, Midnight would walk to and sit in the chair across the cockpit from Raven. “Since your going to be my padawan, I figured we could use this time to get to know each other,” he said with a fang filled smile. “I’ll start. I was born on  Alderon. What planet are you originally from?”

"Dantoonie, Master... There's some ruins on the surface of an old Jedi settlement... but not much else..." Raven said, turning to face Midnight. She quickly shut her eyes as she saw the distinctive lines of hyperspace, before taking a deep breath. After she calmed herself down, she reopened her eyes. "Sorry... Whenever I think about being in a ship, all I can think about is the fact that there's only the shields and the hull between us and the eternal void..." She said, her eyes downcast. She couldn't explain why she felt that way... maybe it had to do with being from a scavenging village and seeing what happened when ships crashed...

"I see," Midnight would say with a sigh. "We are both from war torn worlds. Alderon was not always as peaceful as it is now....though even that statement is a lie." The bat pony would look down at the floor of the cockpit as he continued. "The aristocracy would have open wars for control of the throne, though these where just minor skirmishes, there where losses. Once the Sith Empire got involved however...It turned into full civil war. Sith backed houses vs Republic backed houses..." Midnight would sigh once more, envisioning in his mind the battles of the past. The battles that happened outside the doorstep of the house he grew up in. "Though they would not admit it, the Republic and Sith both sent troops and supplies to the planet. It would take Jedi intervention for the open conflict to end. That was almost 200 years ago, and there is still unrest between the houses of Alderon, though it's more....covert these days."

Midnight looked to the side in shame. "After doing research...my house was one backed by the Sith..." Now looking to Raven, he would try to smile. "That's how my master found me. Every few years a Jedi comes to Alderon to make sure all the families are abiding by the code of their armistice. I was just a foal when I left home."

"Now then," He would say trying to change the subject just a bit, "Dantoonie was also a causality of the Sith and Republic War if my memory serves me correct. The planet where secrete weapons where tested on both sides, Correct? It's a miracle that anything could live there, though the force dose mysterious things. So, how did you meet your....first master?"

Raven bit her lip, but nodded. "The planet's kinda... Well, it's a hostile place... But so many rare things to find and sell... so..." She started. She closed her eyes as she thought back to how she had been found. She wasn't very old at that time, so it was a little fuzzy. "I kept going out to the old ruin, though I didn't know what it was... For obvious reasons, not many on the planet like any kind of force user, be they Sith or Jedi... So they never mentioned what it was, but just kept warning me about how dangerous the ruins were... One day, the council dispatched a relief force, to help distribute medicine and food... and on that day, I not only found an old holocron, but... Opened it... In front of one of the Jedi... Next thing I knew, my family was given some extra attention, and I was on a ship to the temple..." She said, opening her eyes. She sighed, as she realized that she couldn't really remember what her family looked like, but... The Jedi code did teach that detaching oneself from most things would help you be able to be a force of good.

Midnight would nod to Raven. "That is quite the interesting story. The force has many ways of making sure we get where we are needed...or so Master Luna would say. Perhaps that's why you and I are here now....that or the Jedi Council enjoys messing with us." The bat pony would look to Raven and smile. "My master used to say that the Council is wise, but the Force is all knowing...She didn't always see eye to eye with them on some...most of the issues the Council would address." Midnight would sigh deeply. "Perhaps that's why she never made the rank of master, though I'm sure she is enjoying being on the front lines of the war more then just sitting in a circle overanalyzing every ripple in the force. In a way, I think that's why I was chosen to be her padawan...to try to mellow her down," he would chuckle 

Midnight looked up to the front of the cockpit where Tiger was before looking back to Raven. "I wonder what his training was like," he would say with a wink and a bit of inquisition in his voice, wondering if the sleeping knight in the co-pilot chair would chime in.

Tiger was only kinda sleeping in the end. He was half resting, half listening to the other two talking about their pasts. Well, seemed they all came from similar backgrounds, in a way. His ear twitched as the conversation turned to him, letting out a snort before looking over at the two. 

“Got most of my combat training before even getting to the temple. Not that Malastare was all that consumed by war or anything, but they definitely enjoyed a good gladiator match where I’m from. That and podracing, but I was always better at the former. Took me and my brother less than a year to get to the top, but since I’m not there anymore, I’m sure he’s the champ. Turns out my teach was from the same town, found me by chance while visiting home. He’s a lot like yours, prefers to be in the action, which was good cause so do I.” He said, smirking as he remembered his training under that pony. “Can’t speak for the whole council, but I got a feeling Tia’d be down to mess with ponies.” He added, giving a wink and a laugh. 

Raven nodded. "I know what you mean... My previous master valued individuality a little more than the council did. He encouraged questioning the council's edicts and rules, not as a way to break them or anything, but to find out why they were necessary. He believed that blindly following the rules could lead to those rules being able to be twisted against oneself." She said, smiling a little in relief. Finding out that her new master had been trained similarly to herself helped a lot. Hearing Tiger's story also helped a little, though she wondered what his fighting style was like if he used to be a gladiator. She herself bucked the trend of most Jedi, as she fought more aggressively, and used more than one lightsaber, but she still wasn't very good at it...

Midnight would smile to both Tiger and Raven upon hearing more about them. "I honestly can say much for the rest of the council, but Master Luna has always seemed to be the one I've connected with the most...Come to think of it, Grand Master Celestia once sent me on a hunt for Lightsaber Fluid when I was a youngling," he would say with a laugh. "I tend to agree with you Raven, the Jedi Code is more a guide then a rule book that needs to be read between the lines."

The bat pony would look to both Tiger's and Raven's Lightsabers. "Coming from Malastare and with such an long lightsaber hilt Tiger, I'd imagine that your  lightsaber style very unique. I myself favor Soresu with is quite the opposite of my master, though I am still very proficient in Makashi." Midnight would look take special note of Raven's shoto lightsaber. "I take it that you are training in Jar'Kai? That is one lightsaber form who's users I envy. Using two blades takes quite a bit of difficulty and skill."