Dio

still not working, trying to upload a 157kb jpeg. cleared cache and totally restarted the browser.

also, why do some emoticons show as regular yellow faces and some others as :grin: ?

I noticed that I had a similar issue in Firefox 6 when with clearing the cache, but I didn't have a problem at all in Google Chrome (I am told that IE is as successful).

As for the emoticons, it would seem that already established posts had some of the emotes reverted to the generic versions during the transfer. However non-standard ones represented by pony icons stayed the same. Any new post you do, if you insert the pony icons they will stay as such. Hopefully there is an auto fix for the old posts but in the meanwhile you can edit yours and replace the generics with the pony ones.

Been some updates to tapatalk.

Open tapatalk and go to your favorites.

Remove Canterlot and re-add the same as before.

This will fix the problem and you'll have a nicer icon for the widget. :smile:

I tried that and didn't get it to work. I was actually using a free Tapatalk ap called Convo. It had been working fine up until the site upgrade. I finally bought the actual Tapatalk ap and everything works correctly in that.

Another bug, this time involving BBCode:

• Name: My God, it's <li>sting!
  • Section: universal
  • Browser: agnostic
  • Reproduction: any page that uses the [‌*] tag.
  • Expected: [‌*]s turning into <li>s, i.e. formatted as a list item, like this list.
  • Result: [‌*]s turn into [*:dddddd], where dddddd is an alphanumeric string.

My POLLFAO topic displays this beautifully, along with the [tabs] tag being eaten up.

(Note that the above [‌*]s that are part of the documentation have been laced with the zero-width non-joiner U+200C.)

I think this should be fixed easily?

Another bug, this time involving BBCode:

• Name: My God, it's <li>sting!
  • Section: universal
  • Browser: agnostic
  • Reproduction: any page that uses the [‌*] tag.
  • Expected: [‌*]s turning into <li>s, i.e. formatted as a list item, like this list.
  • Result: [‌*]s turn into [*:dddddd], where dddddd is an alphanumeric string.

My POLLFAO topic displays this beautifully, along with the [tabs] tag being eaten up.

(Note that the above [‌*]s that are part of the documentation have been laced with the zero-width non-joiner U+200C.)

I think this should be fixed easily?

We noticed that for previously written posts before the conversion, although you can see for new ones it isn't an issue. Looking into possible solutions as the alphanumeric characters being generated seem to be random. For a quickfix, the post can be edited to remove the random alphanumeric characters in raw editing mode and that will fix it for that page.

Severity: Minor

Not sure if this qualifies for the "bug" department, since we know that links and pics are funny, but the images for the maps in the world of Equestria forums are missing entirely. Figured it might be a higher priority than some other missing/broken links since it's of use to many.

http://www.canterlot.com/index.php?/forum/269-equestria-mane-rp/

I noticed the emoticon thing as well. I think it has something to do with there being multiple combinations that result in the same emoticon for some of them.

It still is kind of weird though, and it does result in the emoticon display being kind of cluttered.

Severity: Minor

Not sure if this qualifies for the "bug" department, since we know that links and pics are funny, but the images for the maps in the world of Equestria forums are missing entirely. Figured it might be a higher priority than some other missing/broken links since it's of use to many.

http://www.canterlot...estria-mane-rp/

It is a bug, the maps were not showing, this is fixed now. Thanks for letting us know! :)

avatar just decided to work this time :mad:

--------------------------------------------------

name: duplicated emoticons

severity: microscopic annoyance,

at posting:

unledbyi.png

Yeah we updated the avatar settings this afternoon hoping that would fix some of the issues people were having with uploads, it would appear to have worked. :)

Thanks for letting us know about the icons.

Okay, the jpg file appears now, and is clickable,. but it says I dont have permission to access the file.

Okay, so when you click the thumbnail, does it open to show a full sized file or does it just say you do not have permission?

Okay, so when you click the thumbnail, does it open to show a full sized file or does it just say you do not have permission?

What I do:

dnQDJ.png

What Happens:

aBJ47.png

There were a few links like this on the old board as well, so it's not necessarily something to do with the update. Althought the west, central, east maps all worked on the old board.

Name: Tapatalk problems

Section: Private messages

Browser: Tapatalk

Description: I don't see new PMs at my tapatalk, tried with removing from favorites and adding again but still don't work. I'm using E15i Xperia x8, in inbox&outbox section there are only my PMs. I'm using Tapatalk version that You needed to buy.

Name: Tapatalk problems

Section: Private messages

Browser: Tapatalk

Description: I don't see new PMs at my tapatalk, tried with removing from favorites and adding again but still don't work. I'm using E15i Xperia x8, in inbox&outbox section there are only my PMs. I'm using Tapatalk version that You needed to buy.

For tapatalk enquires it's best to head to http://tapatalk.com/forum/index.php and ask.

The board itself doesn't control the functionality of the app on your phone.

WAY too many variables with phone models etc for us to troubleshoot.

However, checking my phone (Samsung I9000 running 2.3.3-gingerbread), both my Inbox and Sent messages seem to be working perfectly at present.

What I do:

What Happens:

There were a few links like this on the old board as well, so it's not necessarily something to do with the update. Althought the west, central, east maps all worked on the old board.

Please link to the EXACT location you've found this to be happening.

Maybe I wasn't very clear about the copy/paste problem. I just attempted to use copy/paste function with my mouse in the text of THIS post, and it doesn't work. You can copy/paste text FROM OUTSIDE a post to any post with no problem at all. Sometimes I liked having the ability to copy/paste text previously written in a current post within that SAME post. Not a biggie, I can work around it by using my WP program, but it is an annoyance.

I'm still not able to replicate the problem.

I'm able to highlight blocks of text in my (and other's) posts, right click, copy and then paste in other areas of the same edit box with no trouble.

I assume you've already investigated all the variables on your end. Browsers/Cache etc.

What I do:

dnQDJ.png

What Happens:

aBJ47.png

Alrighty, I looked again and it worked for me, also asked a few folks on the chat to try the link out and it appeared as a thumbnail for them and was clickable. I do know some folks were seeing what you saw earlier though but things worked later so it could very well be a cache issue. Please clear the cache and give it another go.

post-69-0-43827400-1314978436_thumb.jpg

Link to page containing link: http://www.canterlot...dpost__p__20701

Direct link to .jpg file: http://www.canterlot...h&attach_id=290

Okay, I cleared the cache and tried again No luck.

Cleared cookies and tried again. No luck.

Opened Internet Explorer and tried it from there, no luck.

Opened Mozilla (6.0.1), which is my regular browser, and cleared "Site Preferences" and tried again. No luck. It all leads to the same error message above: "[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment. "

I even turned off adblocking. No Luck.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate (can't see which specific version I'm using)

Did you have non-staffpeople successfuly download it?

Link to page containing link: http://www.canterlot...dpost__p__20701

Direct link to .jpg file: http://www.canterlot...h&attach_id=290

Okay, I cleared the cache and tried again No luck.

Cleared cookies and tried again. No luck.

Opened Internet Explorer and tried it from there, no luck.

Opened Mozilla (6.0.1), which is my regular browser, and cleared "Site Preferences" and tried again. No luck. It all leads to the same error message above: "[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment. "

I even turned off adblocking. No Luck.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate (can't see which specific version I'm using)

Did you have non-staffpeople successfuly download it?

Ok, now I you've supplied the link to the post I can see that It looks like you're trying to access media content in the Role Play area.

I'm afraid you don't appear to have an approved RP character which would bring you into the RP group, allowing you to view content like media in the RP areas, which although posts are viewable, it's generally not set up for the general public / non Roleplayers.

Declaring no fault found.

bug: non-extension image posting

when trying to post images from other sites that link it on some different way (ponibooru, tumblr) it throws a "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

example image:

http://img.ponibooru...6c358a0c2b833f5

Make sure your image has the correct image extension. (.jpg .pnf .gif etc)

This is for security reasons.

No fault found.

A very minor annoyance I noticed.

Name: Special BBCode tagging issues.

Section: forum wide, I believe.

Browser: Safari 5.0.3 and Firefox 3.5.16. Tried it in both.

Description: backwards and wrong <br> and <p> tags appear in place of a line break in post when attempting to apply special BBCode to multiple lines of text through the provided menu.

Example:

This is an example.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>This is an example.

is what I get when adding spoiler tags to the following using the menu:

This is an example.

This is an example.

Reproduction Steps: First I highlight any selection of text more than one line that I want to add spoiler tags to. Then I click the special BBCode button. From the list of special BBCode menu I select "spoiler". The messed up tags appear then in the "Enter text to be masked" text box. The same result seems to occur for all other Special BBCode options and not just Spoilers.

Expected result: line breaks would appear normally

Actual result: a mess of tags appears where the line break should be, as demonstrated above.