Candy Catch-em

Boss_Hoss1

Name: Candy Catch-em

Sex: female

Species: pegasus

Pelt Color: light orange

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: coppery red with blond steaks, tied in a thick ponytail a foot long, her mane kept neat under a bush hat.

Eye Color: turquoise

Cutie Mark: a set of bolas

Physique: well built and working-class muscle like Applejack.

Origin: Northern Solstice Heights

Roleplay Type: Mane

Motivation: To bring the wonders of the natural world to the ponies where they can appreciate it, give critters a

chance at a cosy life, and to remove the critters who move in where they are not wanted. -And do it all without killing if

she can help it.

Likes: Wildlife, the wild, taking care of injured critters, finding new creatures, a good fight, her hat, MONEY.

Dislikes: Griffons, animal or creature owners/keepers who mistreat their charges, destructive pests (esp. Parasprites...), killing anything (But she will if she must).

Character Summary: Candy is like a "Tough Love" version of Fluttershy.

She was born to proud parents who were hoping she would follow their hoofsteps as animal wranglers.

Their hopes were not misplaced as she got her cutie mark catching a muskrat for show-and-tell, giving it a STARE without realizing it and promising he would go free if he behaved for class.

The filly picked up the nickname "catch-em" from that day on.

She has gone on to help work with Canterlot zoologists as protection and in the catch, tag, and release phase of their jobs, and sweet talk exotic critters into joining Canterlot's Garden fauna and smaller Canterlot public displays.

These jobs pay very well, but the manticore's share of her business is emergency calls to handle or rescue wayward critters. Her barn on the outskirts of Northern Solstice Heights is fairy large and the ones that cant' be set free in their habitats immediately are kept there to convalese. Her neighh-bors tend to be nervous in the times she has a manticore healing up in there...

Her grudge with griffons began early in her career when she was called for a mystery feral beast that had injured ponies and livestock out toward Roughrider Ridge, and a pony had disappeared shortly before she got there. It turned out to be a griffon who had gone mad and had nearly killed her when it ambushed her, her stare having no effect on the insane. She tracked it as far as the edge of Griffon territory.

Unable to fly when her injured wing gave out, she had no choice but to use her bolas in a special way when the bloody-feathered beast tried to dive on her, pinning its wings in a death dive...

A griffon patrol happened upon her just afterward, capturing her in as painful a manner as they could. The commander wanted to try her on the spot for the death of a griffon and was taunting her with inviting her to a BBQ afterward and wondering how she tastes.

Only her stare and the timely arrival of a REA patrol saved her life that day, with the stern promise from the dead-black griffon commander that she will regret it if she's EVER caught in Griffon lands...

Sometimes, certain nobles and rich business ponies also feel they MUST have exotic pets or Garden Fauna of their own, and this pays VERY well indeed, but tends to be rare and unsteady work as she must trust that the pony can take care of the beastie before she goes on a hunt for such a beast. She is not above giving her cusomers the STARE now that she knows how to use it.

I looked up bolas but there are multiple meanings for it so which bolas is her cutie-mark?

Great character so far it would be interesting to have her meet up with one of my griffons. :shifty:

My guess is it's something like this:

Boleadoras.gif

Basically it is a throwing weapon designed to capture animals by entangling their legs. From the application summary, this sounds pretty accurate. For a pony I imagine they would have to spin their body around holding it in their mouth, or at least using both forehooves to swing it while up on their hindhooves. Am I correct in this Boss Hoss? Just want to be sure, other than that I can't see any reason why this can't be stamped and approved. :smile:

Sorry I had not answered the Bola question in a timely manner, the application was not visible to me for some reason at that time.

I was not aware of questions untill it popped up in Accepted Apps. The picture posted by BrainBlackBerry is correct, and pictures of her will be forthcoming now that two major projects are completed and sent to their new home...