umm, I kinda need a bit of roleplaying help...

halofan303

Its not so much about the roleplaying in itself that i need help with, rather i need help with things along the lines of starting/joining an rp. as i haven't role played at a forum before, so i do not know what the optimal method to approach such a task would be. Despite having read most of the rules i am still at unease as to how I'm suppose to approach it.

also if i wanted to start a roleplay with a specific person/groupofpeople how would i approach that?

Then there is also these things called character "logs", anypony mind shining a bit of light on that for me? :grin:

I'd appreciate help on this.

Its not because i don't have an idea over how its done.

Its more that I'm rather nervous/insecure about the matter :???:

-also if anyone is interested in roleplaying can an offer perhaps be made here? :P

Well i cane do one with ya~ I have like all the time in the world to give a helping hoof. :blah: well not all the time, but I can do one with you just fine.

(I for one think it's best to start with a MP-RP gives you more lee-way to work with. That is how i did it, and i feel way nicer posting now)

Well i cane do one with ya~ I have like all the time in the world to give a helping hoof. :blah: well not all the time, but I can do one with you just fine.

(I for one think it's best to start with a MP-RP gives you more lee-way to work with. That is how i did it, and i feel way nicer posting now)

sure!

but umm... whats a MP-RP? did you mean PM?

if not you kinda lost me :???:

must be cause your loosing me even more.

-jk-

but dont worry i get it...

.... alas what is the optimal way to start a pm rp? :geek:

Well you need the back drop. like ware is it? whats going on? is it day? and so on. hard to know what to do if you don't even know world is like. it can be snowing for all i know if you don't say it is. But for the part it's not hard!

Well you need the back drop. like ware is it? whats going on? is it day? and so on. hard to know what to do if you don't even know world is like. it can be snowing for all i know if you don't say it is. But for the part it's not hard!

well i am aware of the roleplaying aspects, but basicly your saying i gotta start it like most forms of roleplay. with lots of details, info, and making sure i at least get around the basic important stuff. right?

well i am aware of the roleplaying aspects, but basicly your saying i gotta start it like most forms of roleplay. with lots of details, info, and making sure i at least get around the basic important stuff. right?

Eeyup, it may sound hard but win you get going it is not!

Eeyup, it may sound hard but win you get going it is not!

well for the most part it isent hard.

thinking of an ideal enviroment however is not as easy as it sounds.

finding one that is optimal for the rp, like something interesting, yet not too cliche. well ill pm it,

as for anyone else reading this topic,

id still like more help/offers,

as well as how i join/start a public rp on a forum.

I'm always up for more RPs. :smile: I still have RP characters I've yet to play as and stuff.

Hmm, as for tips...

Well for starters, to answer your question about the logs. A log is just a tool to make it easier to keep track of your characters and what RPs they've been in. For an example, here's my log (which seriously needs to be updated...). As you can see it's just a list of all my characters that links to their profiles and the threads they've been in. If you only have a very small number of characters and haven't been in many RPs, it's a little less useful, but it's still a good thing to have.

I understand being nervous about starting RPs. I was much the same, especially at first. If you're really nervous you can just start your own RP and leave it open for whoever wants to to jump in; just write up an establishing post and come up with a title and location and maybe somepony will join in.

Sometimes this can produce a very cool RP. Other times, no one does join in, which kind of sucks. Joining RPs marked as open is also a good way to get started without any fuss especially if those RPs are still fairly new. Just have your character jump into one of those in an appropriate way and everything should be cool.

But if you want to RP with somepony specific, sending them a private message is usually safe. Most people here are pretty cool. There's a good chance they'll want to have an RP. :smile: Private messages are also what you want to do if you see an RP marked as "invite only" or "PM before joining" or something like that you want to get into.

id still like more help/offers,

as well as how i join/start a public rp on a forum.

I tend to answer slowly ( = it can take a few days), but if that's ok with you then I'll gladly roleplay with you !

As for what I do when I want to start a public rp on this forum ;

I pick one of my characters, I create a scene that serves as a starting point, I find a title, and I add (open) in the title.

Anything can work : I have a subject with my character Moondrop where she just woke up early and went to the park to watch the sunset, where she met AppleNitrox's pony. I have another where my pony Whirlwind exhausted herself and is rescued by Mojo's band of ponies. As long as you stay in the MLP universe, it's fine !

And when I want to join a rp that's already started :

I send a private message to all of the participants (or contact them on the chat) asking them if I can join in, and if they all say yes, I introduce my character with a reasonable situation that would have made her come in.

That's it I guess !

I'm always up for more RPs. :smile: I still have RP characters I've yet to play as and stuff.

Hmm, as for tips...

Well for starters, to answer your question about the logs. A log is just a tool to make it easier to keep track of your characters and what RPs they've been in. For an example, here's my log (which seriously needs to be updated...). As you can see it's just a list of all my characters that links to their profiles and the threads they've been in. If you only have a very small number of characters and haven't been in many RPs, it's a little less useful, but it's still a good thing to have.

I understand being nervous about starting RPs. I was much the same, especially at first. If you're really nervous you can just start your own RP and leave it open for whoever wants to to jump in; just write up an establishing post and come up with a title and location and maybe somepony will join in.

Sometimes this can produce a very cool RP. Other times, no one does join in, which kind of sucks. Joining RPs marked as open is also a good way to get started without any fuss especially if those RPs are still fairly new. Just have your character jump into one of those in an appropriate way and everything should be cool.

But if you want to RP with somepony specific, sending them a private message is usually safe. Most people here are pretty cool. There's a good chance they'll want to have an RP. :smile: Private messages are also what you want to do if you see an RP marked as "invite only" or "PM before joining" or something like that you want to get into.

hmmm sure, when i get around to replieing to the loads of things i got ill pm ya,

an' thanks for the tips :D

I tend to answer slowly ( = it can take a few days), but if that's ok with you then I'll gladly roleplay with you !

As for what I do when I want to start a public rp on this forum ;

I pick one of my characters, I create a scene that serves as a starting point, I find a title, and I add (open) in the title.

Anything can work : I have a subject with my character Moondrop where she just woke up early and went to the park to watch the sunset, where she met AppleNitrox's pony. I have another where my pony Whirlwind exhausted herself and is rescued by Mojo's band of ponies. As long as you stay in the MLP universe, it's fine !

And when I want to join a rp that's already started :

I send a private message to all of the participants (or contact them on the chat) asking them if I can join in, and if they all say yes, I introduce my character with a reasonable situation that would have made her come in.

That's it I guess !

alright, when i get round to it ill send cha a pm ^^

hmmm,

makes good sence...

thanks for the info :)

I understand feeling nervous, and insecure about starting RP in a new place. I'm new here too and I just agonized over whether or not to start my own post before going for it.

So as another new person, I'd be willing to RP with you whenever.

I'm in the same boat as Willow Whisper. I'd be willing to RP with you guys too, long as I could figure out a way to work Breeze into the setting.

right then,

when i get round to it ill send cha each a pm :lol:

-ho chock pow im getting stocked up on rp's :???: