CountrySmash

AshtonSSG

Name: CountrySmash

Sex:Male

Species:Earth Pony

Pelt Color:Light Sapphire

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:Somewhat Long Hair, Faded Red with Tan, Dirty Unkempt Tail, also Red and Tan. Has a

Lighter Mouth and a paint backside.

Eye Color:Also a Faded Red.

Cutie Mark: A Guitar

180px-AIP_CM_Guitar.png

(The Story of Country's Cutie Mark, as told by Country Smash)

I Wasn't much more than just a little colt when I got my Cutie Mark. as you can see below, I was really into music. I also really enjoyed what I did on the farm, but when you brought the two together, it made something amazing. I loved it. I taught myself how to play, which did make it a little harder, but that's ok. My voice wasn't necessarily fully developed yet, and that only added to it, but i was determined. The Rodeo in Ponyville was about to come around, and everypony who was anypony would be there. the day before the Rodeo, they had a music festival, with a contest. Ponyville was quite a ways away, but my momma said that if i'd sing, she'd take me. So I did, and me and momma were on our way to ponyville. I had planned to sing a song, that was and older song, but a deep favorite, it was called "Forever and Ever, Amen." It was just a song about how a old Stallion was telling a Mare that he'd love her Forever and Ever, Amen. I'll never forget when we got there. we walked in, to see tons of ponies, all with Boots, Cowboy hats, and they all said Y'all. we stayed there that night, and i couldn't sleep. I'd never been so excited in my life. the next morning had come around, and I was ready before momma was even up. we'd gone back to the fair, and nothing had changed, except the huge crowd gathered at the stadium, waiting for the music. I had done gone and gotten all worried and shy. although i knew there'd be this many people, i'd been telling myself there weren't. i waited back stage, one after one everypony went. i sat down practicing my song, trying not to show how frighted i was. Finally, it was my turn. on the stage there was just a stool and and a mic. i sat down, and noticed the place was full. I felt like everybody was watching, because the were. My knees started to shake. My momma was out there, and she could tell i was nervous. i didn't know where she was until she shouted, "Come on, Baby! I Love You!" she started to cheer and jump, and then i found her, but with her I found my daddy, then my Uncle, then everypony from Saddleveil. my whole hometown had come out here just to watch me. they even had a big banner with my name on it. I felt proud. they all started to chant, and instead of fear, i had pride. I began to sing and play, better than I ever had. "Oh darlin', I'm gonna love you forever, Forever and ever, amen. As long as old men sit & talk about the weather, As long as old women sit & talk about old men. If you wonder how long i'll be faithful, I'll be happy to tell you again. I'm gonna love you forever and ever, Forever and ever, amen." I gave it all I had, and before i knew it, there was a shine coming off my flank. It was MY cutie mark, and no pony elses. it was mine, and it told my story. I knew this was my calling right then and there. No, I didn't win the competition, but I was a winner that day. (And I did go back, later in life, and I did win.)

Physique:He's a little Over Average sized Stallion, Has good Muscle Definition, above Average Height.

Origin: Saddleveil Plains

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Motivation: Smash was raised on a Farm in Saddleveil Plains, he was always edger to help somepony, no matter who it was, he help do anything he could. but he always had his Country Idols. so one day he got up and at em' and left town with his guitar, hoping to be something. he made a few songs, but nothing big.

Character Summary:Smash, he always thought it was an odd name. He was very rebellious has a colt and still is in a way. He stood up for what he could, and he always would. The Country made sense to me, because he was raised that way. On his families local farm, In Saddleveil Plains. He and his family made their way through life on the farm, and that's all he knew that life. He loved his farm, and everything about it. The Food, The Animals, Especially the Music. There was always some old Stallion out there with a banjo, or a guitar, always playing something. While all the other Foals where busy learning to rodeo, he was learning how to play Music.

His Family was always a big deal to him. he had that ol' Average Farm Daddy, A Small Town Southern Man. But his mom was different. His mom. She was a mare from the city, who came to Saddleveil Plains for business, and never went back. she was a Clothing Designer, and one she came to Saddleveil Plains, she became local western wear store. But the jewels of his Family, Were his two sisters. Western Smash and Southern Smash. He watched over them with his eye, always making sure they stayed out of trouble...or at least he tried.

Now see, even though Smash was always listening to the country music, He also learned how to use that Lasso. He knows how to herd, brand, and all that.. He learned because it was something everypony did.

One day, Country decided he wanted more than just his normal farm life. He'd gone through the same routine for the last 16 years. Wake up, Help Momma & Daddy, Watch the Girls, then end the day. He'd already played at some local places and events, and really enjoyed it. He even had a famous pony tell him he might make some day at the Saddleveil Plains Rodeo. So early one morning, he packed his things, his guitar, and left out.

Now, The Start of Country's Music Career wasn't exactly the best. His Dad didn't really support the Idea, but his mom was his biggest fan. He knew the girls would be Devastated, but he had to leave, for his own sake. He played Some places around his home town, Saddleveil Plains, Etc. He did really well with these places, but his career wasn't going anywhere. Every place he'd been so far had already heard what he's playing. So he went out to place were they hadn't heard alot of what he was bringing.

So Country Played along Equestria, Until one day in Manehattan. When he started playing in Manehattan, he didn't really think that any pony liked his sound. but the more and more he played, the more ponies came, until he was filling the small club he was playing,full of ponies coming just to see him. he was quite surprised on how many ponies where there. He decided it was time to expand out, and actually started to play at some big places. After one of his shows, Smash was offered a Recording Deal.

Smash had never been so excited in his life, everything he'd worked for had paid off. he'd soon start to record his own music...

"Oh Baby, I pray one day you'll go back home, To the warmth of your home where you belong, And leave all the pain you've felt from me, here in Saddleveil."

VEYFL.png

You're not an awful writer at all, actually. This reads really well. A few little mechanical errors here would be the only thing, style-wise, that might need a second-look.

Content-wise, short apps usually get sent back for more, so let's see where we can add on some detail.

Hmm... Okay, so this is very career oriented, which, depending on the way you play him, might be enough. There are a few questions that come up here though. You mention he has ponies approach him for autographs? So you could talk a bit about his rise to fame.

Maybe you could add some struggle in there. Did he ever have difficulty with his music? Or another part of his life? What might ponies NOT like about CountrySmash? Some of the best RPs arise from conflict, and character flaws can generate RPs out of nothing sometimes (just dont go overboard).

If you're really looking for filler, you could talk more about family and such, but that doesn't seem like a necessary angle here.

You're almost there, Smashy.

• Like 1

Reading up on your character here and I feel you have a good, solid base to mold the character with. We have a great idea of what he does and his family background. What I would like to see is more focus on him as a character; his development, his hopes and dreams, his flaws and how he works to overcome them.

For example you mention his cutiemark is "A Black Cowpony boot with a Bright Gold Star on it"; what s the story behind it? What event or events lead to it to appear? This will come a ways to telling us more about him.

You also mention that "One day, Country decided he wanted more than just his normal farm life." What spurred him to do this? It appears that he wanted to sing and play for crowds, what inspired him to do so? Did he have moments in his younger life that led up to this?

The only thing I want to point pot that needs tweaking is the fact Appleoosa itself has only been around for a year or so. Now farmer ponies could have lived in the area for generations but the town itself is very young.

• Like 1

Reading up on your character here and I feel you have a good, solid base to mold the character with. We have a great idea of what he does and his family background. What I would like to see is more focus on him as a character; his development, his hopes and dreams, his flaws and how he works to overcome them.

For example you mention his cutiemark is "A Black Cowpony boot with a Bright Gold Star on it"; what s the story behind it? What event or events lead to it to appear? This will come a ways to telling us more about him.

You also mention that "One day, Country decided he wanted more than just his normal farm life." What spurred him to do this? It appears that he wanted to sing and play for crowds, what inspired him to do so? Did he have moments in his younger life that led up to this?

The only thing I want to point pot that needs tweaking is the fact Appleoosa itself has only been around for a year or so. Now farmer ponies could have lived in the area for generations but the town itself is very young.

You're not an awful writer at all, actually. This reads really well. A few little mechanical errors here would be the only thing, style-wise, that might need a second-look.

Content-wise, short apps usually get sent back for more, so let's see where we can add on some detail.

Hmm... Okay, so this is very career oriented, which, depending on the way you play him, might be enough. There are a few questions that come up here though. You mention he has ponies approach him for autographs? So you could talk a bit about his rise to fame.

Maybe you could add some struggle in there. Did he ever have difficulty with his music? Or another part of his life? What might ponies NOT like about CountrySmash? Some of the best RPs arise from conflict, and character flaws can generate RPs out of nothing sometimes (just dont go overboard).

If you're really looking for filler, you could talk more about family and such, but that doesn't seem like a necessary angle here.

You're almost there, Smashy.

Thank you, Feedback on how to develop it is much appreciated

Everything looks solid on this application except I feel it is missing just one thing, his cutie mark story. We see that he had left his farm to follow his dream of singing, which I assume happened after he got his cutie mark. That just leaves the story of how he got it, which of course would be around some moment where he realized he loved signing or where his singing lead to some special, life-altering moment. It is the only part that is missing from an otherwise ready to be approved app.

You may want to change "men" to "stallions" in the song and touch up the grammar slightly in the cutie mark story, but overall its good. I think your country singer is good to go! :)

For Great Justice! :D

AppAssessed.png