Last post wins

I'm not a germaphobe to the point of avoiding contact with anything and everything that could potentially get me sick. I just stay pretty cautious and aware of what's around me.

I actually think I saw that news story of the evacuation. It ended up on a couple furry cringe compilation videos that I watched. I mean, I'm sure it can be fun. I know it gets a bad rap for just the idea of fursuits and adults acting in a childish manner in the suits (not everyone of course) but, my brother told me it was really fun and that there wasn't really much of that weird stuff. He even told me a couple stories that were actually pretty funny. I mean, I can't see myself going to one willingly but, I'm sure it's not as bad/weird as everyone says.

Conventions, any convention under the banner of entertainment culture, you will have fun if you enjoy anything they celebrate. When you dive in for the first time, the immediate feeling is disbelief. Everyone there likes the same stuff you do. You'll make new friends. You'll discover new things. You'll obtain plenty of swag to remember the occasion -- bags, buttons, pins, art, other cool things that get sold at conventions. That's where I got my Chopper clock and a myriad of other awesome things. I even have a "con box" where I store a lot of my costume stuff and swaggy things. You can geek out all you like. You'll notice people in costumes and they get excited if you're like "omg I know what that's from!" Especially if it's from something obscure.

Sometimes crazy impromptu things happen. Raves in the hall. Giant gummi bear sacrifices. Sometimes you'll find yourself in a hotel room with a hairless cat eating scraps of pizza and last night's Chinese takeout while you enjoy a few drinks and accidentally break someone's laptop.

You sometimes see people you know from popular culture or YouTube. I met the guy who made this fine video last year.

Bottom line, it's worth going to a convention, especially if it's local and you don't need a hotel room so you can buzz in and out and still sleep in your own bed/shower/food.

Dreamy is excited because I have claimed her as my protégé.

Here's the aforementioned hairless cat on my lap, lol:

QcotHQy.jpg

I am a collector of Hotwheels cars and have been to a couple Hotwheels conventions. They were really fun, but it was mostly older people that were there. Seeing as furry conventions and the like seem to attract younger people, I might have more fun. Or maybe not, who knows? There's a comic con in southern New Hampshire I've heard is pretty cool. Manchester I think? I should go sometime since I'm only like 45 minutes away. 

• Like 1

I understand that sense of anxiety and helplessness. For those kinda things, I think of outcomes and mull over solutions to those problems. Sometimes I'll find a new angle I wasn't thinking about, and that problem doesn't seem as large anymore.

Also there's a subtle art to not giving a flying rat's patootie. Ask yourself if it really matters. Will it matter in a day? A week? A month? In forever? Does the problem stand a chance of naturally resolving itself without your interference? What is the consequence? Can you live with it? Should you even care? Is it less trouble to just let it happen than try to resolve it? If yes, file it away and move to the next thing in your inbox.

Skyrim goes on sale like, every week. You'll probably see it cheap again by the end of December.