Last post wins

10 hours ago, Rosewind said:

I kinda gave up pranking on April Fools unless it's really simple. People take stuff -way- too seriously.

Also Rocky:

Ed....Ed...ward.

If you're not there yet, you'll know when you are.

Yeah, I'm passed there... That was not too fun to watch.

10 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

That scene still hurts my heart, I never saw it coming.

It's funny... The second I heard her father say he wanted to "play with her tomorrow", something felt extremely off. I was thinking to myself like "Don't you dare, show, don't do it"..

• Like 2

My Thursdays are fantastic. This past 10 weeks, I've bawled my eyes out. This week had the worst/best reaction, my tears were definitely soaking my shirt.

I thought it would have gotten old by now, though my heart seems to think otherwise. I cannot recommend Violet Evergarden even more than I already have, it's that amazing.

• Like 1

Violet is that good, huh? I got like six eps in and just couldn't anymore. I love the production values, but it kept putting me to sleep.

Fullmetal live action looks like the Death Note adaption to me...which is, not very good! Nice to see such a vaunted story is getting better treatment than I expected.

I'm feeling way better today! It's kinda weird to be able to move better.

• Like 1

They definitely changed things up with the story, but I'm not mad. At least the CG is not as awful as Last Airbender.

I personally like Violet Evergarden because of the art, music, and heart-aching journey. I'm just the soft type :catbug: 

Netfix did good...again...damnit.

Yeah she was so cute. ;n;

What really kills me about Hughes was his family was just so adorable and perfect and they were so happy. Now it's broken and it's just really sad.. 

I think that's the crux of why it happened. That's how death works. It's unexpected. Sudden. Unfair. Absolute. There's no deus ex machina here. Things just ran course, and that's the consequence. It's a great part of the story, and while it's sad, it happened for deeper reasons than you may realize right now.

I'm glad you're discovering this story in earnest, there's a reason FMA:B took a spot as one of my Top 5 AOAT, and it hasn't budged from that spot since it came out. It's an essential series for anyone with even passing interest in anime -- this is why we watch. I think I'm overdue for a proper rewatch of it. You might also consider watching the original non-manga-faithful FMA -- the story takes a different direction, but it's still worth experiencing.

Today I'm going to try to get out of the house to get ingredients for Saturday -- I have a few friends visiting from up north that I shall play hostess to for St. Patty's.

It can be anything Irish, so heavy on the meat and spuds. Any kind of "green" food is acceptable. Corned beef and ham are the most traditional things to eat, along with cabbages/root veggies. Minty desserts work well.

It's really what you make of it and how you choose to celebrate it. I usually don't because I'm working, but this year I'm physically incapacitated and not working at the moment. I'll enjoy it while I can!

6 hours ago, Rosewind said:

I'm glad you're discovering this story in earnest, there's a reason FMA:B took a spot as one of my Top 5 AOAT, and it hasn't budged from that spot since it came out. It's an essential series for anyone with even passing interest in anime -- this is why we watch. I think I'm overdue for a proper rewatch of it. You might also consider watching the original non-manga-faithful FMA -- the story takes a different direction, but it's still worth experiencing.

I talked to my coworkers about it today and one of them said I should've watched the original first. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

Up to episode 20. This has been such an emotional roller coaster ride... One second I'm like "NOOO NOT ROSS", then I'm all "Uhhhggghhh dammit show" 

I was so happy to see Lust was killed (at least for now. Wouldn't be surprised if she came back later. Seems like the kind of show to do that). I swear, if she ended up killing Riza, that would've been it for me.