Last post wins

blup-da-derp, that would work if I did the whole detail thing :^l usually when I go for detail, I skip line art all together and go straight to shading

Line art and shading go hand in hand. You have to use lines to act as border of strength for the weaker tones of detail-creases in blanket line art, shadows beneath them, colour shading-although you can go just for colour. Its way easy to use the line art as a map out. But then again I was a line art artist all my life, so naturally I would use that as part of my detailing stylings.

Line art and shading go hand in hand. You have to use lines to act as border of strength for the weaker tones of detail-creases in blanket line art, shadows beneath them, colour shading-although you can go just for colour. Its way easy to use the line art as a map out. But then again I was a line art artist all my life, so naturally I would use that as part of my detailing stylings.

see, see, I just make one big dark thing, and use my eraser to draw out the details afterwards :^l

Just do loose wavey lines and let detail make up for it, Pretty danm easy once you get the hang of it. I doubt you care, Ashmatic but I draw purely free hand on tablet and pencil. Actually Let me link one of my traditional pictures(I'm used ot paper more than digital-

picturecd.jpg

I should start drawing anime. I'll get bigger reactions when I post stuff.

see, see, I just make one big dark thing, and use my eraser to draw out the details afterwards :^l

That sounds awkward and like your wouldn't have a clue where the detail was going. Unless there was lines over it indicating where the detail should start or stop. But then again, I do draw in a way more complex fashion-sort of gritty cartoonism/realisim/abstract so I guess that the method could work with something more simple, especially if it strongly coloured based.

That sounds awkward and like your wouldn't have a clue where the detail was going. Unless there was lines over it indicating where the detail should start or stop. But then again, I do draw in a way more complex fashion-sort of gritty cartoonism/realisim/abstract so I guess that the method could work with something more simple, especially if it strongly coloured based.

nah, nah, I just draw what I see :^l I only go for detail if I'm drawing something in front of me. also I only do that in art class.

I find it more awkward to draw line art for that type of stuff because I have to erase it all afterwards anyways :^l

I have returned home from helping, got 10 dollars from this lady I helped load pails of my grandpa's rocks onto her trailer and bed of her pickup. Grandpa will be paying me more money on Friday when he requires my strong arms and back again.