Last post wins

Angie Cakes, yes. Just yes.

Well, I propose we all help each other. Everyone read each other's. Colton, tell me when you finish your story's next chapter. Everyone else who has a story or part of one that they wish to be read and reveiwed unprofessionally, gimmie. Also, hurry, because I'm leaving in a half an hour or less. Expect reviews tomorrow.

It'd be nice if you'd review my stor--

Hell, I'll quit damaging my pride and ask plainly, would someone if you have a while, read my wall of text in my signature?

Nasty...please refer to the previous page where I did actually post both chapters of my story XD

So should I read it all and give a review or....would you rather get someone else to review it/ SInce I already gave pre-review of the unfinished project-or was it chapter one. Sorry, I'm pretty sleepy right now-

Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

*whistles*

Sorry I'm late, I ate dinner between chapters

Anyway...

Spoilered because wall o' text.

Before I say anything, I want you to know that if I do say something that sounds rude, it's completely unintentional. I'll try to approach your weak points as nicely as possible.

I like the story line so far. And that's saying something, because I usually don't read anything that doesn't make it on Equestria Daily.

Another thing you're doing great so far is keeping the Mane 6 in character. All of their dialogue and behavior sounds the way it would be in-show.

...and now for the weak points.

The biggest problem I have with it is the fourth wall breaking. You're writing in a third-person style, but occasionally add narrative that takes it into a kind of half-second-person style. When the reader has to keep changing between the two, it breaks them away and reminds them they're reading a story, and not actually spectating.

Example:

“Cupcakes?” Chris said as his mind recalled a rather ‘horrifying’ form of literature he had read in the past (which I will not name), “Uh..sure, I’d love one actually!” Chris said with a reassured smile.

The sentence starts out in third-person, but suddenly, out of nowhere, you make an interjection that brings it into a narrative second-person perspective.

The other weak point I'll mention here is the grammar. I know not everybody gets grammar perfect, but there are a few simple rules you can follow to make sure only minor mistakes show through. I had to turn my grammar-nazi alarm off because the ringing in my ears was starting to hurt.

If you want more than that, I'll need a little while to write a formal review of your progress so far. Once again, none of this was intended to be rude in any way.

Before I say anything, I want you to know that if I do say something that sounds rude, it's completely unintentional. I'll try to approach your weak points as nicely as possible.

---

Once again, none of this was intended to be rude in any way.

That's probably the toughest part about reviewing, not trying to sound mean.

Thanks for that Normandy :)

Don't worry, that was very fair and didn't sound rude at all...but I do have one slight gripe, my grammar?

I've ran this by a proof reader and he had no problem with my grammar :/.....Maybe it's a difference in writing techniques of our respective regions, you know since we both live on basically opposite sides of the world :)

But apart from that, thanks Normandy, it was really nice of you to do that for me :D

I'll address that 'fourth wall breaking' issue and hopefully it'll be better before I officially post them both on new years :D

Angie Cakes, yes. Just yes.

Well, I propose we all help each other. Everyone read each other's. Colton, tell me when you finish your story's next chapter. Everyone else who has a story or part of one that they wish to be read and reveiwed unprofessionally, gimmie. Also, hurry, because I'm leaving in a half an hour or less. Expect reviews tomorrow.

It'd be nice if you'd review my stor--

Hell, I'll quit damaging my pride and ask plainly, would someone if you have a while, read my wall of text in my signature?

Your story was pretty bad. Josef clearly has the I.Q of a sperm bring his IPad to school when a bully can take it. Bryon's heel face turn came outta nowhere and had no real motivation other than "Generic as hell" bully. Leonards heel face turn came outta nowhere. And I hate High School drama.

Your story was pretty bad. Josef clearly has the I.Q of a sperm bring his IPad to school when a bully can take it. Bryon's heel face turn came outta nowhere and had no real motivation other than "Generic as hell" bully. Leonards heel face turn came outta nowhere. And I hate High School drama.

And what the fudge was with Leonards speech pattern? He sounds like Twist if she was doped on crack.