Last post wins

In relationships, you need to be willing to change to try and make it work, however if you or your partner are trying to change your entire being, recognize that that is not healthy. You shouldn't have to change who you are on the inside to make someone love you, and if you do, then maybe the person your pursuing just isn't for you.

On the other side of this, when entering a relationship, platonic or romantic, you need to realise that your not gonna get along 100%. And it becomes both of your responsibilities to deal with that,whether it means letting go on certain things or learning to compromise. My way or the highway is almost always gonna lead to fighting. Try to talk things out, be thoughtful. Don't just stone wall the person.

The mobile site sucks! It keeps closing my keyboard because it thinks I am hitting buttons BEHIND my keyboard!

I think it's perfectly cool to have the floor open to discuss serious stuff.

Relationships are definitely about mutual give and take, respect, communication, and understanding. I think I fell short on my end with some of those things regarding my exhusband, but his lack of interest in securing the base infrastructure of our marriage was a definite antecedent to all of our problems, and there was really not much else I could work with or do on my end.

So, watched Mary and the Witch's Flower! (Thanks Symph!)

Loved the Ghibli influence, animation, characters, world, presentation, and music. The story had its flaws, but it kept my attention to the end. I thought there were a few strange plot things going on with the story, but it wasn't a dealbreaker on my enjoyment -- maybe those things may keep this film from Mononoke-level Ghibli level, but I definitely want more films like this! Also Mary fell off her broom like 5 times and that school was seriously screwed up.

• Like 1

@DreamingKnights Exactly. You shouldn't have to change who you are on the inside to appeal to someone. Find someone who will love you for who you are, you know? I can understand changing some small things about yourself. Like ending habits that make an otherwise great relationship a little awkward or uncomfortable. 

You know, I have started to realize how hard marriage is. At the beginning of the relationship with my ex, things were really good. Really fun and pretty carefree. Over time, however, it started to feel more like I was chained up, in a way. Not because of her but, because of the relationship itself. I mean, yeah, things were starting to get complicated and we were disagreeing on stuff (which I know will happen in any relationship) including what can and can't happen between us based on religion. When I say I'm realizing how hard marriage is, I mean that we only lasted 3 years as a couple. My parents have been married 25 years. To me, it's amazing. Especially in this day and age. I mean, I guess that's what happens when you truly find 'the one'. I'm hoping I can be lucky enough to eventually find that someone in my life. The 3 year relationship also made me understand I have to be a bit more careful of who I say "I love you" to. Those words, at the very base if it, can be really powerful. I didn't realize it right away and was throwing it around very casually (even before in my LDR). I know that almost every couple in the world uses that term, even if they're only together 2 weeks but... I feel like it should be used more sparingly. Not to say at one point I didn't 'think' I actually loved my ex. For a while, I really thought I did. It's funny because, when I first started saying it to her, I was always thinking to myself, "Is this the right thing to say at this point? Am I going to regret this someday?". I even used to sometimes say to her, "I love you to the greatest extent it can mean right now". It was like saying "I love you but, not as much as the people I really love." More of a glorified "I really like you".  I suppose it was a bit of a cop out just to cover my butt later. I guess I wasn't so confident in the relationship even in the beginning. Of course, over time, saying "I love you" basically became routine and I was pretty desensitized. 

woooo personal stuff flying everywhere

• Like 2

*quietly opens the wooden entrance door then runs out only to bulldoze the entire doorway with his fat, green tank*

I THOUGHT I TOLD YA'LL I WAS THE VICTOR OF THE LAST POST WINS THREAD!

*jumps off tank and looks about, taking a whiff of the air*

Smells like pending victory. :papyrus:

Okay, two things...

1. HOLY !@#$% Tenkan you still exist hey

2. Oh yeah this is still last post wins... I forgot this thread was supposed to be a game at one point.

Tenkan...actually there is no last Last Post Wins. You're posting in the original! I revived it from the dead and dethroned you as the unwitting victor for 3 years.

It's nice to see you back!

Rocky -- love has different contexts and meanings behind it. It's a powerful, albeit flexible, term. My ex was so personally blind about everything, he didn't even notice our marriage tanking until one day he said "I love you" and I replied with "I don't know if I feel the same anymore." That was when we had our long silence and then got divorced at a furry convention. 

My life.

He still messages me every day. I still feel a slight disgust in the back of my throat, then I adult and chat with him. Was I not important enough? Apparently not. 

So I buzzed through half of season 1 of Steven Universe. It's been cute so far, it's been interesting. I was telling Dreamy I'm not sure if the main story has even started yet. The meta story -- whatever it is -- is starting to get interesting, but it only comes in faint bits and pieces.

31 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

As long as it's within the site rules. ;) 

Well, yeah, that's why I said 'Talk about almost literally anything and everything you want here'. .u.

21 minutes ago, Rosewind said:

Rocky -- love has different contexts and meanings behind it. It's a powerful, albeit flexible, term. My ex was so personally blind about everything, he didn't even notice our marriage tanking until one day he said "I love you" and I replied with "I don't know if I feel the same anymore." That was when we had our long silence and then got divorced at a furry convention. 

That's tough.. He really didn't notice things were going south? If things aren't working between you and your partner, you'd think it would be pretty obvious... Right?

You would think so! That aspect of his personality really scared me. It's like...I was asking him to handle stuff that was very concerning and he was mentally brushing it off to the point of ignorance; or, he would just say "Don't worry about it, everything will be fine," when it very clearly was not fine. There was no plan on his end. There was no interest in helping me make it work. So, it ended.

I'm still trying to process what happened between us. We never really talked about it, so there was no real closure. It beleaguers everything I thought was important in a relationship, especially after our long tenure of a friendship. I guess to him, living in thralldom to your family (and mess) was more important than having a wife. He made his choice, and now I'm going to find someone better...once I'm not a bloody, mangled mess.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Rosewind said:

You would think so! That aspect of his personality really scared me. It's like...I was asking him to handle stuff that was very concerning and he was mentally brushing it off to the point of ignorance; or, he would just say "Don't worry about it, everything will be fine," when it very clearly was not fine. There was no plan on his end. There was no interest in helping me make it work. So, it ended.

I'm still trying to process what happened between us. We never really talked about it, so there was no real closure. It beleaguers everything I thought was important in a relationship, especially after our long tenure of a friendship. I guess to him, living in thralldom to your family (and mess) was more important than having a wife. He made his choice, and now I'm going to find someone better...once I'm not a bloody, mangled mess.

Wow, I'm guessing you didn't see any of this until after you were married, right? Would some of these traits not have been red flags before you were married?

7 hours ago, Rosewind said:

So I buzzed through half of season 1 of Steven Universe. It's been cute so far, it's been interesting. I was telling Dreamy I'm not sure if the main story has even started yet. The meta story -- whatever it is -- is starting to get interesting, but it only comes in faint bits and pieces.

The main story kinda starts 100 episodes in. Like I said, the're few and far between. 
It gets better when Peridot gets more screen time. 

8 hours ago, Rocky said:

Wow, I'm guessing you didn't see any of this until after you were married, right? Would some of these traits not have been red flags before you were married?

I saw them as....orange flags. My Mum on the other hand, was very concerned and definitely was encouraging me to reconsider. I still wanted to keep faith. I made a promise; I didn't want to back out on that. So, I was putting my personal integrity first with the hope his integrity would rise to meet it. Nope. I think what makes it hurt more is that we're still in contact daily and it's a constant, bitter reminder of what happened between us. I know the obvious answer is to just cut him off, but I think that's a cheap solution and won't really give me the finality I'm still looking for.

Pemby -- yeah, it's a definite slow burner! I'm just amazed how clever this cartoon is. I can see why it started to draw the love it did. Not knowing the story gets better, it still stands pretty nicely on its own. This sort of meta-cultural thing fascinates me, because I've seen this series affect a lot of folks on a very deep level, which belays anything you'd expect just watching it in bits and pieces.

So that new Star vs. the Forces of Evil that aired yesterday...just watched it. Omg.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

Notices link

Clicks link

Dead link

You'll find I'm full of surprises. Majority, disappointing ones.

11 hours ago, Rocky said:

Okay, two things...

1. HOLY !@#$% Tenkan you still exist hey

2. Oh yeah this is still last post wins... I forgot this thread was supposed to be a game at one point.

1. Heya, Rocky! Long time! All is well? 

2. Y-You forgot? That is why I return. To remind ponies of the game. The TRUE GAME. :papyrus:

11 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

Lol it's funny how nobody is playing now.

Tragic, actually. But I've returned just in time to get you all back on track.

10 hours ago, Rosewind said:

Tenkan...actually there is no last Last Post Wins. You're posting in the original! I revived it from the dead and dethroned you as the unwitting victor for 3 years.

It's nice to see you back!

Likewise, Rosewind! How goes things? 

You kn---w-wait what? YOU WHAT? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! 

The only reason I'm here is to remind you all how victorious I was, like, come on...

3 hours ago, Penumbra said:

The main story kinda starts 100 episodes in. Like I said, the're few and far between. 
It gets better when Peridot gets more screen time. 

Penby, my old friend! Help me! You remember, right? I was the true Victor?

Oh, yeah, how are you and all that jazz...