Aloha! Novella here.

Novella

Hello, I am Novella. You can call me Ellie if you get the urge. Well now, as this is an introduction, I suppose you want to know a little about me. It's a good thing I like talking about myself! Lets get started.

Personality wise, I consider myself a nice person. I am normally polite, literate, and generous with compliments. I can be a bit insecure, and will apologize frequently for making bad jokes. I try not to start fights, and tend to get a little wishy-washy if there is a lot of friction. My method for dealing with conflict is to stick my head in the sand, and send out happy, hippie, love vibes. I am a procrastinator, and a wannabe author. One thing I hope to find here is support for my fan-fiction. I do look forward to roleplaying, however I do not yet have an official Pony OC. (Well, there is that trash-talking stallion from Bronclyn...) So, I suppose that would be the first step.

Anyway, before I go and do that, I just know you are all dying to hear the story of how I became a MLP:FIM fan, right? Okay, you are probably not in the least bit interested. Nonetheless, I still want to type this out. I think reading it would give you a better idea of my personality then a list of traits ever could. And if you can't take anymore, you can just block me out. I hardly notice when people stop paying attention!

My first exposure to My Little Pony was in my childhood. The older toys were a great favorite among my sisters and I, though we hardly knew they had any personality or story behind them. To us, they were just pretty horsies with pictures on their flanks. After I grew out of playing overly elaborate and repetitive games with plastic toys, MLP was put entirely out of my mind, and I focused on more... adult interests. Like giant robots that turn into cars and beat the crud out of each other. It was these robots that led me to MLP:FIM, at least, in a roundabout way.

I began watching the Hub for Transformers: Prime, and word soon reached my ear that a new My Little Pony show was also airing on it. My initial reaction was; so? I was a busy girl! I had enough geeking out to do without little sparkly horsies taking up my precious time! And so, MLP was once again, dismissed. Then, it began popping up everywhere! The characters were in avatars and siggies! It was all anyone was talking about! I tell you, I was up to here with ponies. And what, you may ask, was my reaction? Well, I kind of went meh. So what? Internet fads come and go. Besides, Optimus just punched Megatron in the face! Still, my curiosity was aroused. Could a good show with little girls as it's target audience actually exist? Finally, it was my darling brother who made up my mind.

Looking back, I fail to see how I missed the obvious hints that were being pushed my way. Every so often my brother would bring up FIM and just sort of mumble that a lot of people said it was good. Finally I decided, what the hay? And I must admit, I was hooked very, very quickly. I immediately connected with Twilight, loved Applejack, was charmed by Fluttershy, and declared Rainbow Dash my favorite. Rarity and Pinkie Pie initially didn't click, (Sad to say, I briefly planned the malicious and unfortunate demise of everybody's favorite party pony. The episode "A Dog and Pony Show" put Rarity at my top three, and soon I was thinking of Pinkie as a mildly annoying but mostly adorable younger sister.) Little did I suspect as I eagerly turned to my brother to inform him that the show was way less then half bad, that he had already been watching it for a week or so.

And that, is my epic tale. Lot less deep then I thought it was, Hm. I am still a Transformers Fan, and since I need to reserve some of my geek-out energy for other things, like Shakespeare and Spider-man, I decided to conserve it by combining the two. I came up with Pony-versions of the TFP cast, and really awesome brother of mine made the ponies Transformers. I will talk more about these later, since the first is a real fan-fiction I have planned, but, for now, this intro is running long. So I will just say.

Aloha, and pleased to meetcha!

Hello!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

If you like writing, check out the Writing Discussion.

Welcome to Canterlot!

You'll probably find support of any pony-related stuff ya do here.

I wasn't too fond of rarity when i began watching, because she reminded me too much of the 'pride and prejudice'. Pinkie Pie I loved from the start, i got a Sweeney Todd/Joker vibe from her. Which i believe are very important traits for a pony. :mad:

Welcome to Canterlot. (Good luck on your Fic, :D)

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

We've got many different things to do here, from the random chitchat and chattertalk, to out and out Roleplay! We do encourage you to explore and settle in, find your own little place here. Perhaps you draw? We have a section for art! We also have a Gallery! Do you write? We'd love to see your fanfics, stories and lore! There's a section for that! And if you're into the Roleplay, well, then you came to the right place! Compose music? We'd love to hear it!