Hi everypon-*trips and falls*.... eep

Kneazle

Ahem... hey there!

I'm Kneazle, an Australian based pony fan and aspiring cryptozoologist. Okay... that last bit was a lie but it sounds a lot more interesting than admin/IT person doesn't it! Anywell, I've decided to join this lovely forum to talk about ponies and perhaps have a go at the whole role playing thing once I've had a good look at the rules and guidelines!

Hmm.. what else... what else. I'm scootloops on deviantart and erm... :-(.. yeah that's all I can think of right now.

* awkward pause*

Welp.. hope to see you guys around!

Hello!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Hey Tales! Let me start by saying that my inner Fluttershy is in full squeal mode because of the cuteness that is your av. Luna dressed as a bunny? Too much adorable to handle!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I didn't so much hear about your forum as type the address in wrong while trying to journey to the other Canterlot forum.

• Like 1

Well, at least in Australia, Cryptozoology would be somewhat worthwhile.

I see from your dA-page that you are a fellow Terry Pratchett fan. What's your favorite cycle (as in City Watch-cycle, or Death-cycle, or Rincewind-cycle)?

Anyway, welcome to Canterlot. It's save here.

• Like 1

I see from your dA-page that you are a fellow Terry Pratchett fan. What's your favorite cycle (as in City Watch-cycle, or Death-cycle, or Rincewind-cycle)?

Oh City Watch without a doubt! Followed by the Witches. What about you?

Yeah, you totally seem like a Fluttershy~ :3

Just don't go using the Stare on anypony... UNLESS THEY'RE ASKING FOR IT >:3

Pleasure ta meetcha and welcome to the royal city!~

I think I'm a Fluttershy/Twilight hybrid! Thanks for the welcome :).

• Like 1

Overall it has to be the Witches, mostly because of Granny Weatherwax and the whole Shakespearean vibe to it. But really, I love all of them (and have read all of them).

What I love most about all of the Discworld-novels is that you can tell that Pratchett himself is interested in so many different things. I mean, here he throws in a little Lovecraftian horror, there he writes a story about opera, and then he references quantum physics and the internet. Not to mention more recently religious conflicts and the financial system. I also love the fantastic concepts he throws around all the time, like the way the patrician runs Ankh-Morpork, or how magic works on the Discworld, or what the Gods of the Discworld do. I find it so rich and fascinating.

Sorry to dump this here, I don't get to talk about my love for Discworld novels a lot. :blush:

Oh very much so. I always plan to wait for the paperbacks, since I'm usually short on cash, but I usually can't withstand the tantalizing power of a new Pratchett-book. I have intentionally avoided all information about it, all I know is that it's about City Watch. I was hoping for the 3rd Lipwig book, actually, but getting more Vimes a good thing, too.

Hahah if you want to save some cash you could always grab a kindle edition and read it on your computer or whatever mobile device you own! I think that'll set you back about $13. I'm going for the Kindle edition myself - hard covers in Australia all cost upwards of $30, ugh. I'd love to see another Lipwig title as well. Do you have a least favorite book in the series? The one I got the least enjoyment out of had to be Unseen Academicals.

Oh, tough call. I guess that would have to be "I Shall Wear Midnight", because a lot of felt like retreading the plot structure of the 2nd and 3rd books of the Tiffany-cycle. I got kinda bored with it, until the super surprise cameo at the end, that I didn't see coming at all. :o

Well, I love the wizards of the UU, and I especially loved the moment where Ponder Stibbons puts his foot down with all the administrative power he had accumulated over the years, and I like where they are going with the department of post mortem communication, and their sanctioned black mage. But most of the football themes were lost on me, and that was kinda the core of that story, and the cheerleader girl, whatever her name was, reminded me an awful lot of that girl in Masquerade, down to the point of her being kinda dumb and pretty and having a reasonable and intelligent, but not conventionally attractive and overweight friend.

Hmm weird, I never thought of that before. I'll have to read those two books again.

Oh really? I shall wear Midnight is one of my favorites, but I'll agree with your assessment, the Tiffany series is a bit same-y. That cameo was extra awesome wasn't it! Do you have a fave stand alone novel? Small Gods would have to be the winner for me, although Monstrous Regiment was also good.

Hmm do The Truth and Moving Pictures count as stand alone? They are loosely tied to the Watch and the Wizards repectively, and Moving Pictures would be my favorite, then. Other then that, Monstrous Regiment is pretty awesome, although the name kinda spoiled the plot twist for me (which was fine, since it wasn't really the focus of the story).

So, what's your favorite place on the Discworld? Mine would be Überwald, because I really like how they portrayal their werewolves and vampires, and for all the dwarfs.

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

We've got many different things to do here, from the random chitchat and chattertalk, to out and out Roleplay! We do encourage you to explore and settle in, find your own little place here. Perhaps you draw? We have a section for art! We also have a Gallery! Do you write? We'd love to see your fanfics, stories and lore! There's a section for that! And if you're into the Roleplay, well, then you came to the right place! Compose music? We'd love to hear it!

That's unusual, most folks usually try .com first before trying others. That's the first time I've heard of it the other way around!