Pins [Final]

Sunshine

Name: Pins

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Light Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Dark Blue mane and tail. Her mane is spikey as is her tail. She wears two mood bracelets on each of her haunches.

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Cutie Mark: Separated Yin-Yang symbol

Physique: Average sized mare. She is fit from all the stunts she does. One of her imperfections is the piece of her ear that was taken by a Manitcore.

Origin: Canterlot

Roleplay Type: FiM/Show Roleplay

Motivation: Pins has devoted her life to aiding ponies with stress and other ailments that could be fixed using her practice.

Dislikes: Other ponies with attitude, ponies who question her work, boring lectures

Character Summary: In her foalhood, Pins studied hard in her classes in Canterlot to become an intellegent, well-rounded unicorn. However, her tendancy to take risks and live on the edge would, more often than not, find her in a lot of trouble. Trying to balance her studies with her friendships assured her a very stressful life. The unicorn would constantly get migraines and aching back problems.

During class one day, her teacher taught her about the Everfree forest. She was told it was a dark place, filled to the brim with danger. Of course, hearing this, Pins made it a point to go out and explore the dark forest. The next day, when she was walking home from school, Pins detoured off of her normal route and went out into the Everfree.

Unfortunately, her first visit into the forest wasn’t so pleasant. The shadows seemed to shift, which gave the illusion of moving trees. It wasn’t long after that, that the mare found herself lost.

Though scared at first, Pins kept up her confidence. She knew somepony would come looking for her...at least...she hoped. Pins was their only foal, they had to have sent a search party out to find her.

Sadly, nopony came for two days. The foal survived off of eating wild berries, which was enough to last her the two days she would spend lost. While out there, Pins refused to be a victim of fear. She started to embrace the nature of the Everfree Forest and grow an understanding of it and it’s inhabitants.

During her second day in the Everfree, she stumbled upon a cave. Inside it was a sleeping Manticore. Normally, a pony would know better than to approach a creature so vicious and dangerous, however, Pins was far too curious for common sense.

Sure enough, it woke up in a rage and before she could escape the creature swiped at her, and took part of her ear in the process. Even though she was physically injured, however, the unicorn wanted to go back and find the Manticore again. She remembered how peaceful it looked while it was sleeping, and wondered if she could get it to be in a calm state like that while it was awake.

When Pins is found, she goes on with her normal life of stressful studies, except this time, she studies more about Manticores. Though her parents forbid her from going anywhere near the Everfree, she disobeyed and continued seeking out that same Manticore after school and trying different methods to calm it such as singing, attempting to pet it, and eventually, pressure points.

Years went by before she had any success. Though, during her attempts, she earned her cutie-mark. It was a split yin-yang symbol...which she didn’t quite understand, but her mind was more on her studies than it was on understanding her cutie-mark. To this day, she still hasn't taken the time to figure out the meaning of it.

After many unsuccessful attempts, she was finally able to sneak up on the Manticore and press on a pressure point that woke it up, but removed any anger that it had.

When the pony succeeded at last, she went back even more often to practice many of the other methods she had read about. In one of her books, she read about the art of accupuncture. It wasn’t long after she read about it that the pony got a job as an acupuncturist.

Pins runs her own business called “The Calm Leaf”, where she aids ponies with both physical and mental problems. For example, say a pony were to have anxiety, she would know just the right places to put tiny little needles that would help the pony relax.

A few days into her job, Pins discovered these artifacts called mood bracelets. It is said that when they are worn, the color that appears on the bracelet reflects what you're feeling. Ever since hearing about them, she has worn two on each of her haunches at all times so that it is impossible to hide her feelings. Since bottling up emotions leads to a stressful life, she forces herself to be honest about her emotions. Admittedly, wearing two of them seems a litte...excessive...she wears two to make sure there aren't any conflicting emotions within her.

Though she is passionate about her job, Pins still lives life to the fullest. She is a sucker for an adrenaline rush and is always looking to do something extreme…despite if it goes against common sense. While most ponies in her field would be calm and collected, her attitude tends to make others think twice about letting her put needles into them.

L5HV8.jpg

To change the title of a topic you'll have to use the full editor, I think. Should be the button right next to "Save Changes" when you bring up the regular editor on the first post.

This looks like a cute character, by the way. Never thought I'd see a pony acupuncturist. :)

To change the title of a topic you'll have to use the full editor, I think. Should be the button right next to "Save Changes" when you bring up the regular editor on the first post.

This looks like a cute character, by the way. Never thought I'd see a pony acupuncturist. :)

Oh sweet! :D Thank you! And thanks for the compliment XD I just started going to acupuncture lately and came up with this characer :) lol

Does she have a twin named "Needles"?

Sorry, I had to. I just had to. :geek:

I am a little confused about how she keeps the bracelets on her haunches, though. Does it get held up by the hock?

Pins and Needles :lol: I get it

And yes, they're held up by the hock,,,well,,,that and magic, of course :smirk:

Cool app thus far, I don't think we have anything close to a pony acupuncturist in the RP at all. There is a couple areas I do have questions and concerns about,

In Motivation, you wrote: "Pins has mastered the art of acupuncture." This isn't a motivation I am afraid, but simply a statement of fact. Motivation is what she is driven to do, her drive, her hopes, what gets her going each day.

In the fifth paragraph of her summary, you call her a mare when she is otherwise referred to as a foal. ;)

You noted she didn't really understand the meaning behind her cutie mark. Doe she attempt to discover or later discover what the mark meant in regards to her life?

Do the mood bracelets do anything for her, why does she wear them? DO they carry some special meaning to her?

I am just asking these to help you develop this character more deeply. I like the character, I just like to hear more about her. :)

Alright :) I updated her summary to cover all the fields in question. I also gave her an actual motivation lol thanks for pointing that out :D

Cool. Although I think it would make for an interesting character hook for her to want to also discover at some point what her cutie mark means; at the very least it gives another story to tell in the RP.

For Great Justice! :D

AppAssessed.png

• Like 1