My Little Maid: The RP [Private - See OOC Thread]

BaconofChaos

Day 1

It's been about a week since you got hired by Princess Celestia to become a maid. Your training has been... intense, to say the least. You would have thought that being a maid was simple. Cleaning, cooking, perhaps setting the tables for dinner. You weren't expecting to have to memorise the palace floor plans, all 5 floors and a good 200+ rooms. You may have expected the etiquette lessons, but surely having a three hour test on it was a bit much? And to make sure that you are always fit for duty, you've been put on strict diets and exercise regimes.

Ruby Red, the head maid and personal hoofmaiden of Princess Celestia herself, has been tough on you all. She's a friendly, caring mare, but is also incredibly forceful when she needs to be. Hers is the voice of authority. Rumour has it that she has even made Celestia herself back down on occasion. Often hanging around her is the dragon, Grimsby. A young dragon, possibly early teens, he is regularly seen at the sidelines around your lessons, taking notes on a clipboard he always has with him. He's among the most grouchy beings you've ever met, generally acting moody and annoyed at anything anypony says to him. You're not entirely sure what his job is, just that it's "official".

(OOC: Extra special thanks to Kudalyn for the pics!)

As for the Princesses, you've seen little of them since coming to the palace. Celestia dropped by once to check in on you, not saying much beyond a few words on encouragement (and occasionally giggling for some reason) while you've seen nothing of Princess Luna, the one you will be serving. She spends much of her time in her room. You have, however, heard her. She has quite the set on lungs on her, though you never seem sure what she's yelling about. Hopefully your first meeting will go smoothly...

Today is your final day of training. Ruby has asked you all to meet her in audience chamber #3 (Second floor, third door on the left after going up the main staircase, needs cleaning on Tuesdays and Fridays) for your last test, whatever that is. It's late evening; since the Princess is nocturnal, so are you now, though it has taken some getting used to.

Ruby is not there yet, though Grimsby has turned up to "supervise" you. He stands over by the wall, scribbling on his clipboard and throwing looks of disapprovement your way.

While you wait, you may wish to talk amongst yourselves. It's rare to get a quiet moment these days. You haven't had much chance to get to know each other...

(OOC: This is it people! The beginning! Feel free to have your characters interact with each other until Ruby arrives with your test. You can even try out your stats/powers with some rolls if you like. I'd appreciate it if you'd use http://invisiblecastle.com/ for your rolls, as it allows direct linking to rolls, though if it is down, there are similar dice roller sites out there. (Use your character name for your rolls, rather than your username please).

Additionally, at the top or bottom or your post (your call) I'd like you to post your character info somewhere using this template:

[Name] - Favor: (favor) Stress: (stress)/(spirit)

i.e. Ruby Red - Favor: 5 Stress: 5/20 (not her actual stats)

Remember that your starting favor is Affection * 2 and Spirit is Will * 10. You start with 0 stress)

(EDIT: Almost forgot; for the first day, RANDOM EVENTS are off)

Silver Stare: Favor: 6 - Stress 0/0

Silver Stare paced back and forth, the gentle trotting of her hooves still a rather new sound for her. It seemed wrong to her, though being an eldritch abomination for most of your existence before becoming a indigo pony might have that effect on someone. Not that she regretted it, she didn't at all, it was just a lot to take in. Especially the part about being purple... or purple-ish rather. She glanced back at the rest of the rather large room, her eyes inevitably shifting from the small group of maids with her to the grey dragon surveying the lot of them. Her eyes met with Grimsby's briefly, and she gaze falling to avoid his piercing stare. She gave a rather long sigh, then returned to her pacing, giving up on the hope of a quick release from the purgatory of waiting; her trotting rejoined the gentle chatter of the others and the scribbling of a pencil against paper as the only constant sounds in the room.

(Does it needs to be a female for the maid position, or can a male do this aswell for a butler position? Also, we're supposed to use a D20 for this right?)

My apologies Ulthor, but the game is actually now full. It's my fault, I should have put a [Private] tag on the thread. Sorry.

If you want to know the rules though, check the thread in the Free-For-All OOC section. It's actually a d6 game, not d20.

My apologies Ulthor, but the game is actually now full. It's my fault, I should have put a [Private] tag on the thread. Sorry.

If you want to know the rules though, check the thread in the Free-For-All OOC section. It's actually a d6 game, not d20.

(Ah, I see, thanks for telling me, I'll check that out then... Also, since this is a private RP now, I'm sorry for posting a second time on this, I just felt I should at the very least respond to you.)

Moonglow ~ Favor: 2 ~ Stress: 0/10

Moonglow leaned against the wall as she waited, a strand of her short indigo mane hanging over one of her light blue eyes. She tapped a hoof gently against the floor, grinning slightly as she looked around at the other maids. They were an interesting bunch. She wasn't sure if she liked any of the others, from the little she'd seen, but they were tolerable. After a few moments of hoof tapping and looking at the rest of the maids Moonglow pushed herself off of the wall and stretched out her legs.

"How long is this gonna take?" She muttered.

Breezy Swift- Favour 4 - Stress 0/20

Breezy Swift looked slyly to the left and smiled at the other pony who has just spoken. "I dunno, but have you seen that dragon? Such a Tsundere." she whisperered. "He might look grumpy, but I bet he's quite romantic deep down. I wonder who he'd go with..."

Breezy looked up, thinking to herself of perfect pairings and strange fictions once again. Her bronze outfit looked almost like armour, which was enhanced by the giant sword slung across her back. There simply wasn't anywhere else she could keep it, except in plain sight.

"Well... I guess there's an easy way to find out just what that dragon's writing! I bet it's a confession about who he likes the most or something." Breezy Swift clapped a hoof down, her cutie mark glowing red for a moment. "Shadows... sneak up behind that dragon and read what he's writing!" she commanded to a small set of invisible eyes that had just appeared before her. "Find out what he thinks about me! I bet he loves my blue pelt, right?"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3244746/

(Cunning roll = 5 x 2 = 10 )

Almost completely hidden in the shadows, her demon slunk towards Grimsby to read the note.

(Cunning roll to detect sneakiness: 1d6*2= 10) (a tie, no stress damage)

Grimsby looks up from his clipboard, sensing something unusual behind him. He pauses to look around, his clipboard held in his claw, but not really trying to hide it. The shadows escape his notice. Breezy's demon catches a glimpse of a complicated looking form, but little else.

"Huh. I could sworn..." he murmers to himself. Shaking his head, he goes back to his clipboard. "*tch* forgot to carry the one..."

Silver Stare smiled softly as the dragon returned to his writings, her attention suddenly drawn to the blue pegasus not far from her. She trotted up to the pegasus and the unicorn next to her. "Hello," she said softly, hoping her smile would allow her into some trivial bond with the two. "I'm Silver Stare. I've seen you both around, but with the rather..." the unicorn paused, trying to think of the appropriate word. "...hectic," she finally settled on, "days we've been having, I haven't had the chance to introduce myself." She glanced at Grimsby, making his attention was at least outwardly elsewhere, then turned back to the pair. "I saw what you did there. I myself am rather curious as well. Were you able to glean anything useful from what you observed?"

(OOC: Sorry for not waiting a full round for posting, but I figured as we're all in the merely toying around with the mechanics and characters phase right now, it would be acceptable for relationship establishment purposes.)

(OOC: Sorry for not waiting a full round for posting, but I figured as we're all in the merely toying around with the mechanics and characters phase right now, it would be acceptable for relationship establishment purposes.)

At this point I'm okay with this. I'd like to get each character with at least one post introducing them before we start worrying about stuff like posting orders.

The last two weeks had been very stressful for the poor zebra. Palace plans, propers manners, equestrian etiquette, cooking technique, there was just so many things to learn ! It was just a little too much for Hiss the zebra mare, who had had a lot of trouble meeting Ruby Red's expectations.

Or perhaps it was just the way the chief maid and her pet dragon were. Neither of them ever looked very satisfied of their students. Even now the dragon was looking at them disapprovingly, maids standing still and silent was not a good thing it seemed. And Hiss could do nothing but sneer inwardly.

“You may think you're special my dear,

But I'm the biggest lizard here !”

The other maids were getting impatient, and started to talk to each other. Curious, the zebra remained silent, but raised an ear to listen …

Edit : I forgot ! Hiss : Favor, 6, Stress 0/10

H. H. Hooves: Favor: 4 - Stress 0/30

H.H.H was just siting in the back hopping no one well look at him. "Ay aw th' things! they dornt hae a some hin' fur a laddie..." he takes a look at the black dress he has on. "Taps bein' in jail." He takes a look at all the other maids... they all look the part. Save for one... that purple-ish pony. she gave him the creeps.

Moonglow nodded to Silver Stare as she walked up. Another unicorn, eh? Looked like she wouldn't be the only one with magic.

She waited, holding her tounge as the other pony talked, even though she was eager to jump in. "My name is Moonglow." She said to the two ponies with a grin that unknowingly showed her fangs. "And, yes," She started to the pegasus next to her, "What did you do there? It looked rather... interesting."

"Hmph." Breezy snorted. "Didn't see too much there at all." She tapped a hoof again and the eyes vanished just as she turned to the other ponies, Moonglow and Silver Stare, the unicorns, next to her. "Hi there! I'm Breezy Swift, nice you ship you! I mean, see you. Hi!" she grins easily.

"I was just trying some things out. I might not be a unicorn, but I do have some supernatural skills."

Divinity (pegasus)

4 favor - stress 0/20

She didn't trust them. Not a one. Divinity's silvery eyes peered suspiciously at the others over the top of a comic book. Something seemed fishy about the two unicorns, but she couldn't quite tell what it was just yet. The blue pegasus mare over there seemed pretty fishy as well. Why had she stamped her hoof just now? Then there was that stallion in the maid getup. What did he think he was doing? And he was talking about jail. There HAD to be something suspicious about him. The zebra... she wasn't quite sure what to think. She hadn't done much to earn her suspicion, but why would a zebra be serving the equestrian princess? Most likely, she was the least suspicious of the lot, but even she seemed odd.

The week of training may have been rough, but it was ever so useful to find out both about the palace's layout and her fellow maids. She had been prepared for strict training, just... not as a maid. But, she believed, it was now painfully obvious to Divinity exactly why the glorious Princess Celestia had assigned Divinity to serve Princess Luna, rather than in the Royal Guard as Divinity had hoped.

She had to watch... Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

She had never seen such a suspicious bunch. Princess Luna would surely need somepony to rely on and provide a good influence with all these shady characters serving her. Ruby Red and that Grimsby fellow seemed to take their jobs with the appropriate seriousness that serving the Princesses should have. Surely she could rely upon them if things went sour, thought Divinity.

Turning a page in her comic book, she continued her vigilant watch as she quietly waited.

"Good, you're all here."

Ruby Red walks into the room, quickly and purposefully. As always, her appearance is immaculate, with her dress clean and tidy, and not a single hair in her mane or tail out of place.

She gives you all a warm smile before pulling out a few rolls of parchment from a bag she is wearing and handing one to each of you. "I've put together something a little different for your final test. It will test your memory of the palace layout, as well as your speed and efficiency in your maid duties. I'm confident of your abilities, so I'm sure you'll do well."

As you open your parchments you see a list of items.

"Think of this as a scavenger hunt. Your task is to bring me each of the items listed here within one hour. Some of these items are ones that you will be expected to find and use during your work. Others are items I have specifically left in certain positions for you to look for. The only hint that I will give you is you may well have to clean your way through some rooms to find what you are searching for. I will, of course, be checking how well you do." She gives you a wry smile, before nodding to the dragon, who pulls out a stopwatch. "Grimsby and I will be keeping an eye on your progress. Try to work together and do not leave the palace. Cheating will be penalised."

Her gaze moves over each of you in turn, giving you an appraising look. "You have one hour. Begin."

The Listt:

A golden spoon

A hammer

A broom

A quill and bottle of ink

A guard helmet

A wine glass

An unused candle

A yellow rose

A towel embroidered with Princess Celestia's cutie mark

A small statuette of Princess Luna

Any one object with a sun and moon motif

And underneath, in pink letters almost too faint to read and in a different style is written:

If you can find where Luna has hidden her diary I'll make it worth your while! Princess C.

(ooc: So here's how it's going to work. There are 5 rooms on this floor where you can look for things. The kitchen, the storeroom, the bedroom, the bathroom, and the dining room. It's up to you to decide where to go first; discuss it in character!. I'll give you a task in each room for the maids to complete. You can decide how to do it but I'll usually give you a couple of hints since most of you are new to this. This should help you get the hang of how the game plays without too much on the line. Any questions, please let me know.)

Silver Stare smiled gently. "Excuse me, I think I have an idea where we should head off to..." she glanced at the door briefly "I'm not sure, but I think we should be able to find hammers, brooms, quills, ink, candles, and maybe even the statuette if were lucky, in the storeroom." She paused, glancing nervously at the pegasus who had been staring at her earlier. "Again, I'm not quite sure, but I think that'd be a good place to start." Silver Stare continued to watch her cream observer. She knows something... Something about that pegasus sent chills running through her spine, they felt somehow both terrible and natural to her. Never a good sign, she thought, a frown crossing over her features, as she waited to hear what the others thought of what she'd said.

Is summoning demons cheating? It can't be cheating, can it? They never said what wasn't cheating, and I'm just using my natural skills!

The pegasus nodded at the purple unicorn. "The storeroom sounds like an easy place to start, and it sounds like the place where we could get the most items fastest." She swept her gaze along the other ponies, waving at the Zebra. She had a thing for them, after they'd helped her learn some of her dark summoning arts. Speaking of which...

Breezy Swift half turned away and clapped her hoof down a half dozen times, looking at the swarm of eyes in front of her. Go to the bedroom and see if you can snare me anything from this list. she told them, laying her list down for her demons to see. In particular, look for the diary, but don't damage anything. Good luck.

1d6*3=15 (Luck roll for demons to find anything/avoid damaging things)

The eyes vanished and Breezy scooped up her list, turning back as if nothing had happened. "After that I think the dining room would yield the most. But what if we have to cook things?" her imagination took a leap forward. "That would be bad!"

H. H. Hooves: Favor: 4 - Stress 0/30

"Och joy Ah hae tae wark wi' them..." he says to his self with his heavy dialect, we walks up to ware they all are. maid getup or not he flit like the top dog here... even if he was not going to show it. No need to get Red all up on him. "Yer aw gonnae to de stair room? if 'at holds th' must ever hin' we need tae dae it lest. look fur th' hard junk first." he say's hopping they well under stand him, all he needs is them not getting one word he say's.

1d6*3=15 (Luck roll for demons to find anything/avoid damaging things)

Grimsby and Ruby Red make combined luck rolls to notice is something is up: Luck rolls to notice demons (1d6*1=5, 1d6*2=8) For a total of 13. They don't notice. I'm deciding that there's no stress damage since I don't really see how you can get stressed from not noticing something :/

Breezy's demons slip away from the group and head to the bedroom. It's being guarded, but the guard on duty doesn't seem to notice. The demons begin searching the room. (I'm ruling that it will take them some time to search fully and return).

By the way, you are more than welcome to split up for your search, but there may be situations where it will be easier to work together. Just saying.

Moonglow watched and listened to the others curiously, before skimming over the list. A wine glass, a spoon, something with a moon and sun symbol? Smiling to herself, the vampire unicorn cantered out of the room, levitating the list next to her.

'Let's see what I can find in the dinning room...' Moonglow thought.

Divinity

4 favor - stress 0/20

With a sharp salute, Divinity rolls up her comic book carefully and tucks it away in her uniform before darting off quickly. Unfortunately for her, she missed out what probably would have been a great piece of evidence about the shady doings of Breezy. Eager to prove her worth to the castle, she zips through the corridors at high speed toward the kitchen, confident that she could find some of the requested items there! She wasn't certain why the location of Princess Luna's diary was important, but if Princess Celestia desired to know, Divinity decided it must be of the utmost importance, perhaps with far reaching national consequences.

She bursts into the kitchen, flapping eagerly to stop. "I am on a dire mission of the utmost importance!" she announces to anypony that might be in there already (or to the empty room) as she starts looking for any of the items on the list. Maybe there was some Luna/Celestia salt and pepper shaker set she could use for the statuette. Or perhaps a spoon or spare wine glass. Fancy dishes with heavenly bodies, maybe? And of course, the possibility of finding the diary. She zips around, from cabinet to cabinet, looking both high and low for anything she might find. ...though, she may be zipping from place to place a bit too quickly to really notice what she's looking in.

Luck, for noticing what Breezy Swift is up to (1d6*3=3)

Skill, searching the kitchen for however many of the items she can find! (1d6*3=6)

(So far, invisible castle seems to not like me. Lemme know if I need to roll stress or something yet. Also, do we have a set success point to hope for with the dice, or are you having it variable for the task?)

Luck, for noticing what Breezy Swift is up to (1d6*3=3)

Skill, searching the kitchen for however many of the items she can find! (1d6*3=6)

(So far, invisible castle seems to not like me. Lemme know if I need to roll stress or something yet. Also, do we have a set success point to hope for with the dice, or are you having it variable for the task?)

(Currently I have some target numbers worked out, but I will give bonuses or penalties out based on how your maid is going about her tasks)

(Anyway, Moonglow and Divinity head to the dining room and kitchen respectively)

Moonglow, as you enter the dining room you are greeted by one hell of a mess! It looks like a tornado hit! Dirty dishes, some broken, others merely covered in day-old food, lay scattered about, the chairs are in disarray, trash covers the floor and what is that stain on the wall!?... Oh. It's gravy.

Ruby follows you in, apparantly having noticed your almost silent departure. "The Princess has had one of her "soirées" here. Why she decided to invite the Diamond Dogs, I'll never know. If you want to find the items here I suggest you start cleaning. Do be careful of the broken glass, won't you?" she says, before leaving, obviously deciding that she doesn't need to supervise you.

(Shimmer, your choice: Skill roll to start cleaning the place up or luck roll to find something by luck)

Divinity, as you rush into the kitchen you immediately faces a problem. It's crowded. Dozens of chefs are busy preparing meals, presumably for the night guards, a few of whom are milling around by the entrance. Your declaration of your "dire" mission draws a few puzzled looks, but the ponies mostly go about their business. However, as you begin your search, you find yourself increasingly in the way of the others, many of whom get quite irate. "Hey, watch it!" "Do you mind!?" "Woah, careful! You almost hit me!" (Make a luck roll to avoid crashing into anypony (target 5, 1d6 stress for failure)).

While the cupboards mostly seem to be full of plates, glasses and cuttlery, you don't find exactly what you're looking for, save for one thing. There's a broom! And it's being used by a disgruntled looking earth pony chef to clean up an overturned bag of flour. (Up to you how you want to try and get it. You'll need a slightly higher skill check to find any other objects, unless you can convince somepony to help you).

Silver Stare sighed. "Well then, since those two have followed the plan so well, we might as well carry on." She turned away from the other maids, heading towards the door. "Make sure you check out the store room," she called out as she sauntered out of the room, "I'll take care of the bathroom." She smiled as she trotted down the hallway. She was alone for a brief moment, and it was relaxing to have a chance to think. It passed quickly though, as it wasn't long before she was in front of the bathroom. Her smile sagged slightly, but remained firmly present, and with a hushed groan, Silver Stare opened the door.

Divinity

4 favor - stress 0/20

There were a few near-misses as the creamy pegasus zipped through the kitchen, but fortunately, there weren't any collisions. On spotting the sweeping chef, her expression brightens. "Friend! You seem troubled by your sweeping. Shall I do it in your stead? I have need of a broom, among many other items. Perchance I could get some assistance in finding a few of them if I sweep?" she eagerly offers, touching down near the chef with an angelic smile on her face. She flutters her silvery eyes and brushes a lock of her pale green mane aside for good measure, too.

Luck, Don't crash! (1d6*3=12)

An affectionate offer and request! (1d6*2=12)