Ponies to Ponies

Hippo

Ok, so not really the name of the game, but it's only ripping off of another name that ripped off another. I'm talking about Apples to Apples, a social card game that uses word association to poke fun at the best inside jokes ever, while creating new ones, and to get to know the minds of others.

Basically, its a card game where each player matches one their noun cards with the adjective that is being presented. Players take turns being the judge and pick the card they want from the randomized pile of the nouns. The winning card awards the player who played it a point. The fun (and frustration) is that the judge can pick any card they want. It doesn't have to be a synonym or a antonym or anything. They can even pick at random if they want to.

Here's a video of people playing the game online, which is called nutsy bolts but has the same exact idea to it:

So here's where it gets fun. Nutsybolts.com allows users to play free online group games with other users. And they can even use their own deck! What I have done is create a deck that uses nouns from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and nouns from the fandom as well. This turns the game into a card game where every turn is pony related. Luna would have so much fun!

So, it's very simple for how to set up a game. Go to nutsybolts.com and it gives you the option to give yourself a name and if you want to join a game, or create a new one. In the create new game options, you can import your own deck. To do this, just replace the nouns will nouns that you want. You need at least 96, but the more you have the less there will be of a chance of seeing the same card twice. But STOP. I have already made a glorious list of nouns, and you can see it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PnRrWtkmGHiOkk1UJHoT5rnTd_3BY79P2b7jBebh4SY/edit?hl=en_US

This list will be changing and growing. If you would like to suggest some nouns, please list them to me here. Some nouns are great because they are specific to the words being used. Like "Rarity's mane" would be a noun that could express several different adjectives.

Also, for future games and RP members. Anyone who plays the game from a character's perspective gets bonus points in my book! It would be super fun if everyone who was playing was playing a character from the show.

sounds like fun but are we going to organize a "match" with forum members any time?

Yup, i'm off on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays, so I'll be able to play the game on those nights mostly. Expect an invitation in the canterlot chat at random times :P

You can also create your own game, which is why I am sharing the list.

• Like 1

Yup, i'm off on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays, so I'll be able to play the game on those nights mostly. Expect an invitation in the canterlot chat at random times :P

You can also create your own game, which is why I am sharing the list.

I'm always lurking in the irc, i say we drag everyone else into it.

I'm always lurking in the irc, i say we drag everyone else into it.

The more the merrier, but too many people in one game and it's not fun. Plus, nutsybolts.com is a sensitive website that doesn't always handle several connections talking to each other.