Can You Name Every Country in the World in Twelve Minutes?

I got 141. This is frustrating ! I wasted a lot of time trying to enter various variations of country names. Ouganda is spelled Uganda in english ! Tchad i suspect is spelled Chad ! Some I couldn't even name in english even if I knew where to put them on the map as well as various important points of their history. What is the name for "Cap-Vert" and "Salvador" in english ?

Grumpf. I'm going to grumble in a corner !

EDIT : Ah, they give the list of the countries I missed ! So "Salvador" is "El Salvator" and "Cap-Vert" is "Cape Verde". Ok.

nigh impossible for me, since spanish is my mother language i have to think a lot of actual answers twice; you just dont know how many times i tried Irak without success, not to mention i didnt get Malasya [sp?], not having the slightest idea Bulgaria was... well also called Bulgaria in english and another truckload of issues, either way.... 93, Africa and east Europe being my worst part.... and now realizing that i missed Sweden *facehoof*

holy s**t ancre, which book had you open to perform like that?? th_trollface.png (dunno for Cap-Vert, again, I know is Cabo Verde in spanish but... and did you try El Salvador?)

edit: trollfact: "Russia" doesnt exist, "Russian Federation" its the actual name of the country.

edit2: when the f*** did England, Wales, Scotland and North Ireland officially dissolve into the UK??? :/

I had the same problem as you BlackFang. I was surprised to learn that Côte d'Ivoire is "Cote d'Ivoire" in english too. And it's Malaysia.

141 is not that much, you get it by knowing all the big countries' names and a few smaller ones around. Having the map under your eyes help a lot, and having the countries change color when you guess them right even more. I had a few random guesses too (micronesia is not only a geographical name, it's also a country apparently, yay !) I failed to name a lot of little islands actually, they're hard to remember. Saint-Kitts-and-Nieves, Sao Tomé and Principe, Nauru, states like this.

And there are a lot of countries who are in the same situation as Russia (a complicated official name nobody uses and a commonly used name). China comes to mind for example.

115, 134 the second time.

Not sure I agree with their lists of 'countries'--South Sudan and Kosovo are countries, but Transnistria and Abkhazia aren't? I demand compensation.

except both South Sudan and Kosovo are (S.Sudan is almost cheating though, was declared nation only July this year, Kosovo a couple years ago* iirc) while Transnistria and Abkhazia are still conflict territories.

edit: *2008 actually

edit2: @ planets: lololol 1:30 is 1 minute too much.

South Sudan have no problems about being recognized as an independent country though, even by (north) Sudan. Kosovo on the other hand had difficulties asserting its independence (I'm not sure, but I think Serbia still doesn't recognize it ?) even if it is pretty much settled now.

Transnistria, Abkhazia ? They still have difficulties being recognized as independent states. Like a few others (Puntland and Somaliland (theoretically independent from Somalia) comes to mind), for various reasons. So they're not listed as independent states yet.

Edit : Wikipedia article on the subject !

• 1 month later...