15 year old gets kicked out of house because of MLP

Acynder

I heard about this earlier. When I told my mum about le ponies, she rolled her eyes. Sometimes she teases me about it, but otherwise, that's all the crap I get about it from my family. (A completely different reaction when I told them about my love for RHPS....)

But I didn't get kicked out of the house. Honestly, his parents are nutcases. :mad:

Thankfully, other bronies have been giving the poor guy overwhelming support. :sad:

• 1 month later...

Is this a necrobumped topic I'm seeing? *glares* :D - and a double post to boot! It seems like i've heard this story before as well - it could very possibly be an urban legend by now.

Well - what's important is the fact of what do you do when your personal goals/values don't align with those of your families? Especially a father or mother who are not very open or flexible?

I say - don't muddy the waters - it is up to you but in my humble opinion what right do we have to selfishly announce something to our family that they don't share an interest in. For that matter - even believe in. I feel we should respect their beliefs and honor their idea of family. Yes you may have to suppress your own desires in some areas but it's for a greater good - the well being of the family overall above your own desires. It's not always about us.

Every super hero has a secret identity - just realize that now you have one as well - superheroes don't reveal their identities because their enemies will do harm to the people they love - well exposing your secret identity is going to do emotional harm to the people you love as well.

Once a person is an adult and a fully functioning citizen living a life all their own - then you can watch and do whatever you feel like - and at that time if you feel it's appropriate THEN you could be more open with your family.

Whether it be a love for My Little Pony or someone's sexual orientation - both of which have a stigmatization to them - realize that as a part of your family you impact how they are viewed by society - and how people in the community make decisions for your family's benefit or detriment. So for a Dad who was raised that boys are snips and snails and puppy dog tails - when they cross gender lines for whatever reason - it's something they really may not be prepared to deal with - they just simply don't have the tools in the emotional shed to work on this thing they view as a problem.

This is only my opinion and there is no 'ONE SIZE FITS ALL' solution here. You know what's right for you. Trust your judgment whatever it may be. Whenever you decide to become Super Brony - come join us here at the Hall of Justice! lol :D

• Like 1

I get the feeling that this is fake. Granted people have been thrown out for similar reasons. However at 15, he is a minor and can seek assistance from authorities. Throwing a minor can easily be considered child neglect, which is illegal and punishable by law.

Of all the things that could happen to a brony. This the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING.

rarity-dramacouch-right1.gif

I get the feeling that this is fake. Granted people have been thrown out for similar reasons. However at 15, he is a minor and can seek assistance from authorities. Throwing a minor can easily be considered child neglect, which is illegal and punishable by law.

I agree.

Oh the Rarity gif is actually from Starfox64 :D

Is this a necrobumped topic I'm seeing? *glares* :D

2hd2w48.jpg

That being said...

A lot of people are equating bronies with child mollesters, which is sad but common, really anyone who is interested in something "severely immature" is looked at this way, and the media sensationalism isnt helping (might also be "Bronies = Furries" and "furries = all kinds of bad" (which again is severely wrong)

I find this believable, though I have my questions about how legitimate it was. My mother told me as young as 13 that if I ever "decided to become gay" (yes, my radical-right mother thinks sexuality is a choice -_-) that she would throw me out of not just the house but the family! So, I can see this happening...

Gosh, I hope you guys don't ignore my novel of a post, but here goes.

Even if this is fake, it's a good moral lesson to all of us. You can't just come out with a bombshell like "I'm gay." or lanything similar, or on that level. You need to takes these things slowly. My parents or sibling don't know i'm a brony, (Except for two of my younger brothers, one being paradox.) I'm very open about it, but I don't show it off, basically. I'll make references, mention the show, and crack some jokes about it. But I don't scream "I LOVE MLP!" every day. That's just you begging for attention. If oyu are consulted about it, you can't hide it. But if nobody asks, don't telll. (Unless of ocurse, you're attempting to convert somebody.) What they don't know, won't hurt them (Or you) right?

I've got all of s1 and s2 on my PC right now. It's not hidden, but it's not plastered all over my Computer, either. In regards to the original Reddit post:

I don't think it's fake, but I don't think it's real, either. Rather, somebody made up a story, and that story is to teach us a lesson. Otherwise, if it IS real, then I DO feel sorry for him, and wish him the best of luck. In his case, he didn't tell his parents about his love of the show, but rather, they found it. This is never a good way for parents to find things out. Instantly, they are filled with mixed emotions of anger, confusion, and betrayal. They feel you're hiding ti from them, mad that you are (Even if you're not) and feel betrayed because you didn't tell them about it. What I, myself, have noticed, is that the term "Love and Tolderate" is being overused is some cases. Find the average brony online, ask him if he's gay, and his response wil most likely be anger, and bashing back at you. This may not hold true to you guys, but it is true in a LOT of Youtube comments, blog posts, and the like. You can't get mad at others, but love and tolerate. It just doesn't work like that.

Since ponies have come in to my life, my attitude has changed a LOT for the better. My parents have noticed, but they haven't asked why. The relation between furries and bronies is what is getting on my nerves.

Personally, I HATE furries. But I won't flame one, or anything like that. They like what they like, and I like what I like. I just personally find it a little bit creepy. (But many think the same about bronies..) It's like, bestiality, but not at the same time.

Bronies are fans of MLP FiM, and the occasional g3 and earlier bronies. Furries are fans of half-human0half0animal creatures. Of ANY game, show, and such. So how are we similar? We like a show for "little girls", and they like half-human-half-animal creatures? I'm not seeing the connection. However, I can kind of see the connection between bronies and "child molesters". Although I am SURE ( I hope..) that none of you guys, or any bronies are, when you look at us from an outside point of view, it can be a bit creepy. Lets say...a 30 year old man watching a show for little girls. Sounds creepy, doesn't it? If you are to post. "If he likes it, that's just him." then your post is classified as a brony post. Love, and tolerance. BUT what the general public sees is a pedophile. That is where the connection between broniesand child molesters comes from.

I enjoy this fanbase, I really do. I am, however, bothered by these few things; over sensetive / defensive bronies, People that overuse "Love and tolerate." and those who absolutely OBSESS over the show. These kind of people can REALLY get on my nerves quickly. Granted, I haven't met many of them, but they are out there. What really bothers me is people who assume you're "gay" for liking a show wit hrainbows and pink in it. So what? Rainbows does not equal "homosexuality" Does that mean that leprochauns are gay? No. (Even if they aren't real, it's an example.) If I like this show, I like it. So what? Leave me to my ponies, and you enjoy your dull, gray, boring life. Mine is full of Pinkie pie's parties, FLuttershy's cuteness overload, Twilight's smartness, Rainbow Dash's awesomeness, Applejack's awesome accent, and her ability to work very hard, and Rarity's....well, I can't think of anything. AH! Got it! Over-dramatic-ness.

The show has changed my outlook on life for the better, and it has made me a better person. I just wish people could see through the stereotypical "Rainbows and Pink = gay for men." and see what this show truly is.

Opinions?

I think your right on a lot of points, however, I do want to point out two things.

1. the "connection" to furries is that furries like "Anthropomorphasized animals" literally animals with human characteristics. This includes the ponies, it also includes disney characters like Simba (TLK) and Bolt (Bolt) as well as the more traditional half-human/half-animal creatures (Really Disney is a perfect example as their works span the whole spectrum from TLK to Mickey Mouse with one of their most popular series having been "Duck Tales"/"Life and Times of Scrooge MacDuck" about Anthropomorphic ducks). I can agree that to many people the openly sexual nature that some of us like these creatures can be a little creepy, but plenty of furs do not feel or act that way, it's simply a case of the "Vocal Minority" (just like homosexuals are "men in dresses" --- to date I think I've met a total of 5 gay men who wear dresses (not counting niches like transvestites or Transexuals who technically aren't gay) and lesbians are "butch masculine 'guy' females") --- keep in mind I'm not trying to convert you, merely point out that this is a disproportionate stereotype, I *AM* a furry and rather close to a "furry lifestyler" and there are segments of the fandom I... dont care for... (to put it mildly)

2. I'm actually seeing the "rainbow=gay" starting to fade, quite possibly because (1) it's run it's course like most fads/trends and (2) quite possibly due to the popularity of Rainbow Dash as one of the 2 "male surrogate" ponies (the other being AJ, of course) and being a favorite of a large percentage of straight male bronies (I find it amusing in this respect that the gay bronies tend to like a different pony while the straight ones go for the technicolor mare, though aesthetics aside it makes perfect sense). Fun Fact: long ago, pink was seen as the "male" color and blue was the "Female" color (due to association with "Blood" and "innocence" respectively) These things change a lot and really you cant find hardly anyone that doesn't like rainbows, so I suspect this will fade away again soon enough.

Otherwise, I 100% agree with you and that's how I live my life, if you dont ask I dont shove it in your face, but I also dont hide it (2 pony shirts and a laptop bag on order with plans to get 2 more, and looking for a show-accurate Rainbow Dash figure/plush to live in my car next to the other plushies in the rear window) If people were open but not forceful about their interests we wouldn't have so many "issues" like this from any group

As much media attention bronie fandom has received (which isn't that much overall), I have never once heard any article or commentator link adult males liking the show to pedophilia, thank goodness. I suspect because it is quite an accusation to make and there isn't any cases that I know of where someone became a fan for that nefarious purpose, so to make that claim opens up a media outlet to false charges in regard to a serious subject. Usually the media, if they want to object, simply go with the "these guys need to grow up, they are being manchildren" angle,which is fairly common. Yet again, many in the media will poke fun at any geeky fandom when given the opportunity.

Like every other "geeky" fandom, bronie fandom has overlap with other geeky fandoms. Rarely will you find a bronie who isn't also interested in sci-fi, of fantasy, or anime, or furry, or MMOs, or card gaming, or Pokemon, etc and so forth. So some bronies are furries, some bronies are gamers, some are anime people, some are in none of those. Its overlap, created by the fact that people have more than one interest. I think there is more overlap with furry then with other fandoms because FiM is anthropomophic (human characteristics to non-human creatures or objects), which is in the broadest sense what furry is also (note I don't see bronie fandom as furry, I am just saying why there is crossover).

Anyway all of this is a bit off topic.

The idea of a kid being kicked out at 15 for liking the show is a bit far fetched to me. Seems a bit excessive. I can see parents not likely their son to be into "a show for little girls" but banishment from the household? That is like kicking your teenage kid out for playing too much Warcraft. Something isn't right about this. Always be skeptical of any story on the Internet, verify if its true, otherwise assume its just a story.

Gah, things like this just make me wanna smash a beer bottle over these pratt's heads! I really do hope this is fake- but at the same time, I kinda' don't, because I wanna' -annihilate- these bloody people! God-dang close-minded, homophobic, tight-arsed..... Friggin.... Fascist crackjobs! Gah. Wish I could cuss on here sometimes, though I'm glad there's a rule against it. Hell. I'ma go watch m'girls. Ponies always make me feel better.

rage_face_re_finite_picdump_1-s442x418-175726.jpg?w=300&h=283

Edit: All that ^ my life for too long. Firebolt, can I haz your calmness? T_T Pleease? <3

Editx2: Wait a second, Puddin'........ =o Somethin doesn't check out there. XD