Harmonic Sight Final

holypony20

Name: Harmonic Sight

Sex: female

Species: Earth pony

Pelt Color: silver

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:White mane and tail with a couple pink streaks and the mane is a Dash style mane and the tail is long.

Eye Color: Her eye color is white from being blind from birth.

Cutie Mark: An eye behind a microphone

Physique: Shes a sleek and slender pony that’s very delicate.

Origin: Ponyville

Roleplay Type: Main

Occupation: She is a classical music singer. She mostly sings romantic stuff.

Motivation: Her biggest motivation is to be as famous as some of the other musical ponies out there.

Likes: She likes all types of music despite her just singing one type, ice cream, she likes it when someone leads her in a dance because of the feeling of the motions, being drunk some of the times, and she likes to be a nice and caring pony to every pony.

Dislikes: She dislikes when someone makes fun of music in anyway, and some pony bullying another.

Character Summary: Her parents had a hard time raising her because of her being blind from birth. They weren’t poor but they were hard on money. Harmonic was determined to help her parents to get at least a little bit more money.

At first she got special schooling to work around her problems of being blind. after that she would go to different plays and such with her parents and loved to hear the sounds and songs in the plays. She was then determined to become a singer. Then she went to a music school when she was an older filly to learn singing even though she was blind. It was hard for her because of trying to follow along on the books they used in class. But she would just hear the other students sing and try and sing along. Through her 2 years of schooling she was surprisingly the most progressive student in her class. She would produce lovely music and she was the lead singing part in various plays at the school. In one of there big plays she sang probably one of her most beautiful pieces and got her cutie mark.

When she was done her schooling in music school she started off in bars where she also got a licking to alcohol but didn’t like getting drunk often only when she was having a rough day. If she wasn’t having a bad day she would only have a couple drinks so she wouldn’t get drunk. She would often hear ponies getting bullied in the bars which brought back the memories of when she was bullied in music school for being blind. She would come in and defend the pony being bullied the best she could. Then after she comforts the pony after they have been bullied. After the couple years of singing at bars and clubs she got different offers to turn her songs into records.

Now she lives alone in a house in Ponyville. She can usually find her way around by using a walking stick and from her extra sensitive hearing. She had to develop the extra sensitive hearing because of her sense of sight not being the greatest.

(Well heres my fixed version hopefully its good enough now. :))

Thought I'd swing by and leave a couple comments!

Quick first thing, you might wanna add a "WIP" tag (or "FINAL" when this is final") in the post tags section of the full editor. Also, I don't believe Ponyville is currently an option for new character residences.

But as for the character herself... I really like this concept! A blind singer - I think there's a lot that could be done with that. :) As for suggestions, I mostly have a couple questions that might guide you to expand on her history a little bit.

- How did she get her cutie mark? I can see the connection between her mark and what she does, but how did she get it? Was there a particular event that made her realize singing was her calling?

- How else does being blind affect her life? How does she live now? By herself, with family or a loved one? Does she use a guide dog? How does it affect her day-to-day activities and how has she had to adapt, and how has that affected her personality?

- I see she is the kind of pony to work hard to help her family, is kind, and she has a bit of an alcohol problem. What else defines her personality? Does she have any quirks, fears, other interests, or other things that make her a unique pony? You say she is kind and dislikes other ponies being bullied -- how does she show this? Is she the kind to comfort another pony after their bully has left, or burst in and intervene? These are just little things to think about in general, to get a feel for how she'll react in different situations.

I think you have a really nice start here, and I'd love to see where this goes!

Okay, I would wish to add to what Dunes said;

Why was being blind a problem to her being a singer?

Please remove the age sixteen and replace it with older filly.

Does she have any hopes for herself?

Why exactly does bullying rub her the wrong way? Was it a personal experience or does she just not like others who pick on ponies who don't deserve it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...