What would each pony smell like?

MyLittlePonyTales

>_> Assuming that each pony in all of Equestria would have a unique smell that was delicious, what would each pony smell like?

I imagine Pinkie Pie just smells like cotton candy. I'd say Twilight Sparkle would smell a little more refined, like lavender. I would say that Fluttershy would smell like pine, because she's around nature a lot. Rarity would probably smell like some kind of fancy pants perfume no pony can pronounce. Applejack probably smells like apples and dirt, a sweet earthy smell. I really can't think of a good one for Rainbow Dash right now, I'm just going to say she smells like dryer sheets.

LOL!!! Rainbow Dash smells like dryer sheets!!!

Wait.. be more specific. Which brand?

Different brands smell differently?! O_o

http://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26533&sid=fe307779970fd6c15aa3a325a95f0c54

Apparently.

LOL!!! Rainbow Dash smells like dryer sheets!!!

Wait.. be more specific. Which brand?

Different brands smell differently?! O_o

http://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26533&sid=fe307779970fd6c15aa3a325a95f0c54

Apparently.

That topic appears to be about detergent and fabric softener, not dryer sheets.

I'm sure they all wear their own unique scents as well, just like people do in our world. Though their scents may be more closely tied to their characters unlike in our world, so these very well could be.

Weren't there a line of ponies a while back that -were- scented?

I'm sure they all wear their own unique scents as well, just like people do in our world. Though their scents may be more closely tied to their characters unlike in our world, so these very well could be.

Weren't there a line of ponies a while back that -were- scented?

I think so....

Strawberry Shortcake dolls were scented, anyhow.

>_> Assuming that each pony in all of Equestria would have a unique smell that was delicious, what would each pony smell like?

I imagine Pinkie Pie just smells like cotton candy. I'd say Twilight Sparkle would smell a little more refined, like lavender. I would say that Fluttershy would smell like pine, because she's around nature a lot. Rarity would probably smell like some kind of fancy pants perfume no pony can pronounce. Applejack probably smells like apples and dirt, a sweet earthy smell. I really can't think of a good one for Rainbow Dash right now, I'm just going to say she smells like dryer sheets.

I suppose if Rainbow Dash had a unique smell it be like an open field just after a spring storm, where you can smell everything because of the rain.

In the cartoon the ponies are shown bathing quite frequently! I'm certain some things are not shown (as each episode is only 22 minutes, screen time is a bit of a premium). As horses and ponies do sweat, I can see them being able to do this without drying out their skin. I'm also going to guess that because they're intelligent, they've developed social norms about relieving oneself. While there are no toilets shown in the cartoon, there are few toilets shown in almost any cartoon. :P I think it's one of those things that are just assumed.

Assuming that, I think they would at least smell freshly cleaned.

--I can see Rarity wearing a perfume.

--Fluttershy probably is fine with how she smells after her bath. I think she'd choose whatever shampoo doesn't bother her pets. I think she takes very good care of her animals, cleaning up frequently so nothing stinks. So her cottage would probably smell like a mix of small animals and pretty flowers. I can see that mixing with her scent.

--Twilight would smell clean, and probably like books and ink. I don't know if performing magic would leave a smell (like how electricity can leave the smell of ozone).

--It depends on what Rainbow Dash is doing. If she's working with the weather I think she'd smell like breezes and rain. If she's been working out on a routine, she'd probably smell a bit sweaty afterwards.

--AppleJack works on the orchard and fields. I imagine after a hard day's work she'd smell sweaty, dusty, with a mix of apples. I could swear there are cows and pigs on the farm, as well as fields. Soooo, depending on what she's doing, she may not smell too nice at the end of the day. I think she'd spend her evenings relaxing in the tub. I can see AJ smelling like her shampoo she uses.

--Pinkie Pie would probably smell like bakery and sweets. The smells would probably stick to her coat. Considering she lives above the shop, I can see this being reasonable. :lol:

I could swear there are cows and pigs on the farm

That may not be the same farm; no surprise that there would be several others.

Makes you wonder though, why do ponies need a pig farm??

Yeah, I don't quite like the idea of AJ tending animals. The other ponies don't recoil at her smell, so I'm just going to assume she just tends to the orchards. She'd probably smell like someone else said earlier...kind of a sweet earthy scent. :lol:

I dunno about the pigs, though. Maybe the ponies have a fondness for truffles, and use the pigs to locate them?

I could swear there are cows and pigs on the farm

That may not be the same farm; no surprise that there would be several others.

Makes you wonder though, why do ponies need a pig farm??

Well, Pinkie Pie DID mention having a hot dog eating contest 83

........OH GOD, THE PONIES EAT THE PIGS DB

Okay, well, at least its not as bad as the Cowboys of Moo Mesa, where they rode horses. Once the ponies start riding horses (as in "giddy-up let's go," not Rule 34), it's time to stop hahaha

/quote]

Yeah, I don't quite like the idea of AJ tending animals. The other ponies don't recoil at her smell, so I'm just going to assume she just tends to the orchards. She'd probably smell like someone else said earlier...kind of a sweet earthy scent. :lol:

I dunno about the pigs, though. Maybe the ponies have a fondness for truffles, and use the pigs to locate them?

Well the barn they showed for the cow in the episode with Trixie wasn't Applejack's barn, so likely it is someone else's place (it could be the cows even run their own place).

/quote]

Well the barn they showed for the cow in the episode with Trixie wasn't Applejack's barn, so likely it is someone else's place (it could be the cows even run their own place).

Well, there is a cow stampede in Applebuck Season, so the cows seem to have free range at least part of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

That would make sense. Pigs could also be kept to be a natural way of getting rid of table scraps and stuff. I imagine they keep the cows for leather (although that's a disturbing thought, considering the cows are sentient) and milk (for milkshakes and chocolate, of course!). Chickens for eggs (for cakes and cookies and such). Really most farm animals have purposes besides meat, so I could see ponies keeping all of them.

Although I don't think Sweet Apple Acres would keep pigs. Pigs reek to high heaven for miles around, and since nopony seems to have issues with visiting the farm, or being around AJ or Big Mac, there's probably no pigs there.

Speaking of Big Mac, he probably smells like dirt and leather and apples.