Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

I still can't understand why somepony would break into my house, harvest all the wheat and not replant.

Same thing was happening in the nether to the netherwart farm...

In other news, Grass is spreading and Trees are growing in the mine. :D

O_o that's... strange... you should tell Mulder about it, I'm sure he'll want to look for aliens ;)

So, I have a slight dilema on my hooves.

To my count, my repair shop in Ponyville has been burned down a total of 5 times... 3 of which I know to have been by a lightning strike. The other 2 I can only speculate they were also the cause of a lightning strike as well, but since I was not present, I cannot say with a 100% clarity. I'd honestly hate to think there's a pyro pony running around, so I will say lighting was responsible as well.

Now, I am thankful to all the ponies who've helped me rebuild it. Brian even thought of putting up a lightning rod. Whether that actually works or not, I have no clue. The last two times the fence outside the shop was what caught fire and spread to the building.

Still, this is getting rediculous... 5 times? Seriously? I can't help but think this is just going to keep happening to my shop.

So, my questions are these...

Is there some lightning mechanic I am not aware of? I mean, if there is, I'll gladly research it and memorize it forward and back. Heck, I have sheep, I'll sacrifice some to Celestia, Luna, Thor, Zeus, take your pick.

Should I just move the shop someplace else? Seriously, I think aside from the Disco next door, my building is the only one there. I see clusters of buildings all over town and for some reason, lightning likes the one relatively desolate spot I'm on. I'm almost afraid of moving in though just in case I am cursed. I'd hate to cause damage to buildings next to mine.

Does anypony have any advice?

I'd say you might just have to move the building... 5 times is far too many to be coincedence. That particular land is prone to either lightning strikes or griefing. At least build a simple place somewhere else to act as a temp building and just work within that building and see if it continues or not.

I think I have a piece of information that might help. I noticed during rain storms in Ponyville that certain portions of the town wouldn't have any rain but another part of the town would. Usually, when I'm flying over your shop, Chonico, there's no rain. I've also seen lightning strike outside of areas where there is rain so I bet that's the issue. If I were you, I'll probably move the shop or build the roof out of something non-flamable.

I'm afraid I don't know, Chonico. Went looking for research, found nothing...

This is really bizarre. Perhaps you shouldn't have built your shop over that ancient Diamond Dog graveyard?

Is that what those bones were? Heh, and here I thought I was sitting on a bone meal mine. Hmm...

I think I have a piece of information that might help. I noticed during rain storms in Ponyville that certain portions of the town wouldn't have any rain but another part of the town would. Usually, when I'm flying over your shop, Chonico, there's no rain. I've also seen lightning strike outside of areas where there is rain so I bet that's the issue. If I were you, I'll probably move the shop or build the roof out of something non-flamable.

This did cross my mind at some point. But I'm pretty sure I've seen rain fall in the area my shop is located. This is worth looking into. I may have to move it.

^ Obsidian!

That's just... tacky. Sure, its fire resistant, but I dare not sacrifice style for functionality!

Erm, did a white list get installed recently? If so, I need to be added. I tried to get on, and it said I'm not white-listed.

Its possible we mispelled it; I know when the list was compiled, you were listed as "Darkhaxxor"; did we spell it right?

I found a weird little thing yesterday that ... wasn't square. So strange ... Showed it to Chonico today, and he touched it ... and it disappeared. We were confused and then

OHGODITSBEHINDME!

And that repeated the next time he touched it.

Here's some screenies.

The first location I found it - right opposite the wood block there.

post-72-0-76373900-1328532611_thumb.jpg

The second location it went to - right next to Jim there.

post-72-0-63027600-1328532620_thumb.jpg

And where it should be right now:

post-72-0-99566200-1328532626_thumb.jpg

It's right near Canterlot, across from Froggybottom Swamp.