Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

The Forbidden Skylands

A new adventure comes to Equestria and ponyville called "The Forbidden Skylands"

Almost overnight a portal appeared over ponyville and leads to mysterious places yet unexplored by ponykind.

Ponyville Scientists have been doing research on the portal, and they've concluded the following:

• The gravity in The Forbidden Skylands is five times higher than in Equestria, meaning that flight is impossible.
    • ( This means anyone caught flying in the skylands will receive a 12 hour kick. )

[*]The Forbidden Skylands have more dangerous residents than Equestria, and it will be harder to survive there.

• ( The difficulty has been set to hard. )

[*]The Forbidden Skylands has no portal back to Equestria, so once you enter you may never return.

• ( Use of the /home command is forbidden in the Skylands. )

[*]The Forbidden Skylands has a protective mechanism to protect itself from other dimensions, which causes items worn from other dimensions to disintegrate upon entering the portal. ( To the distain of one ponyville scientist who stuck his favorite scanner through the portal. )

• ( No equipment can be taken into The Forbidden Skylands from Equestria, And no equipment may be taken back from the Skylands to Equestria. Store your equipment before entering the portal. )

Runic Magic

Ponyville Magicians have also concluded that a new type of magic has become recently active in Equestria, manifesting itself in Canterlot and in Ponyville In the form of teleporters. While this magic is active in both Equestria and The Forbidden Skylands, The latter is a dead magic area. Only Runic magic may be used there.

• The spells which can be used are assembled through runes placed into the ground and then activated with a tool. Though ponyville Magicians are still discovering which blocks will create which effects, they have been kind enough to release some of their research spells that might aid ponies brave enough to cross into The Forbidden Skylands.
  • The Magicians say that most runes have a 5x5 area they use, Creating a cross with cobblestone in the center, and redstone wire connecting the outside cobblestone, and a redstone torch in the center cobblestone creates a mound of dirt which can be used to create a shelter! Amazing!

ShadeLychan has been banned for griefing. While viewing her inventory she had the following:

• 8 diamond blocks, which have been showing up missing over the last few days, and a few this morning as well
  • 64+6 diamonds, which is the equivalent of 8 more diamond blocks
  • 64+58 bread, which is the equivalent of 366 wheat
  • 64+61 iron bars, which is the equivalent of 15 iron blocks
  • 14 gold ore, 7 gold blocks which went missing from the tower yesterday
  • 64 gold bars, which is the equivalent of 8 gold blocks
  • 17 lapis lazuli blocks, 24 lapis lazuli ore
  • 35 iron ore, and even more than that in other materials.

If she wishes to appeal her case she may do so here, but I am resolute that the cause of the griefing has been ShadeLychan. That much stuff is hard to get any other legitimite way.

ShadeLychan has been banned for griefing. While viewing her inventory she had the following:

• 8 diamond blocks, which have been showing up missing over the last few days, and a few this morning as well
  • 64+6 diamonds, which is the equivalent of 8 more diamond blocks
  • 64+58 bread, which is the equivalent of 366 wheat
  • 64+61 iron bars, which is the equivalent of 15 iron blocks
  • 14 gold ore, 7 gold blocks which went missing from the tower yesterday
  • 64 gold bars, which is the equivalent of 8 gold blocks
  • 17 lapis lazuli blocks, 24 lapis lazuli ore
  • 35 iron ore, and even more than that in other materials.

If she wishes to appeal her case she may do so here, but I am resolute that the cause of the griefing has been ShadeLychan. That much stuff is hard to get any other legitimite way.

I just wanted to say that the loose diamonds she had were legit. She helped me with a project I was working on and I gave her a whole stack of diamonds over many days of work...

...the rest I cannot say, but the the loose diamonds were from me, so you can at least remove one black mark from her.

Also, Gold and Iron aren't exactly uncommon, I had like 10 stacks of iron blocks after a week or so in my mine and more than a stack of gold blocks (though I was on the server almost 24/7, so it depends on how much time she spent mining) (Honestly the only really incriminating part I personally see is the bread, since even my farm, which can be seen from space, along with what I had on the spectrum, only gave around 200 wheat each time it was harvested...)

Keep in mind I'm not saying she DIDN'T grief, I'm just saying it's possible if she was as obsessive as me that she got the items legitimately, in truth as little as I saw her on I agree it's suspicious, but I also dont know that she wasnt on the whole time I was off...

Blitz's tomb has been griefed, I do not know how long the damage has been there though. Two gold and three diamond blocks were removed, they have been replaced. When I opened the tomb the Enderdragon egg and the case have been rmoved. Ashton did you remove them (as you built the place) or is this griefing also? The pistons and levers are fine.

Blitz's tomb has been griefed, I do not know how long the damage has been there though. Two gold and three diamond blocks were removed, they have been replaced. When I opened the tomb the Enderdragon egg and the case have been rmoved. Ashton did you remove them (as you built the place) or is this griefing also? The pistons and levers are fine.

I have not been on the server since the night the last version of the factory burned down, as of then everything was right (I would not remove 1 or 2 blocks, if I was going to demolish it, I'd have used TNT and left nothing but sand) though I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to just remove the tomb since it seems to be a focus of griefers...

BRACE YOURSELVES!

NEW SERVER MODS ARE COMING.

Aether and something else, right?

I know what they are, but I wont spoil the suprise for the rest of you. I will tell you this: Begin mining your diamonds NOW!

I have not been on the server since the night the last version of the factory burned down, as of then everything was right (I would not remove 1 or 2 blocks, if I was going to demolish it, I'd have used TNT and left nothing but sand) though I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to just remove the tomb since it seems to be a focus of griefers...

If you want, let me know what disappeared and I will assist you in replacing it.

I just wanted to say that the loose diamonds she had were legit. She helped me with a project I was working on and I gave her a whole stack of diamonds over many days of work...

...the rest I cannot say, but the the loose diamonds were from me, so you can at least remove one black mark from her.

Also, Gold and Iron aren't exactly uncommon, I had like 10 stacks of iron blocks after a week or so in my mine and more than a stack of gold blocks (though I was on the server almost 24/7, so it depends on how much time she spent mining) (Honestly the only really incriminating part I personally see is the bread, since even my farm, which can be seen from space, along with what I had on the spectrum, only gave around 200 wheat each time it was harvested...)

Keep in mind I'm not saying she DIDN'T grief, I'm just saying it's possible if she was as obsessive as me that she got the items legitimately, in truth as little as I saw her on I agree it's suspicious, but I also dont know that she wasnt on the whole time I was off...

She was also using a mod that gave her as many of any item as she wanted, and also assisted the person who blew giant TNT holes in the world by supplying them with TNT. Slushie himself admitted to her doing this, as I was not aware of it prior.

If you want, let me know what disappeared and I will assist you in replacing it.

I appreciate the offer, but if you check, my old place is burried in sand. I could tell I wasnt welcome. I dont mind giving advice, but I know not to go back. I don't blame anyone, I was too annoying and just didn't fit in.

She was also using a mod that gave her as many of any item as she wanted, and also assisted the person who blew giant TNT holes in the world by supplying them with TNT. Slushie himself admitted to her doing this, as I was not aware of it prior.

wow... ok, nvm then... that's just... wow... she had me fooled, I thought she was legit... little scary...

They *are*. Everything else just kills you. Creepers break the stuff you worked so hard to build.

And set off self-destruct mechanisms you foolishly build into your buildings, causing an entire 80x30 building and the mountain below to be reduced to nothing!

It's not just that, it's the fact they can kill you with their one, and only, hit if you're unarmored, even at full health. So it's THE... WORST... POSSIBLE... THING to have fall ontop of you in a cave. I'm not much of a constructer in Minecraft, but I do love exploration/spelunking.

I appreciate the offer, but if you check, my old place is burried in sand. I could tell I wasnt welcome. I dont mind giving advice, but I know not to go back. I don't blame anyone, I was too annoying and just didn't fit in.

You were welcome, everyone is welcome. Its just.. you were trying to build a sheep mincing machine in a server full of friendship and magic. You could've built it in secret underground.

It's not just that, it's the fact they can kill you with their one, and only, hit if you're unarmored, even at full health. So it's THE... WORST... POSSIBLE... THING to have fall ontop of you in a cave. I'm not much of a constructer in Minecraft, but I do love exploration/spelunking.

Also, the whitelist has been updated. No griefing. And no using the Too-many-items mods. You farm your items like everyone else.

You were welcome, everyone is welcome. Its just.. you were trying to build a sheep mincing machine in a server full of friendship and magic. You could've built it in secret underground.

No no, BUILT I got it working, just ask Mulder or Jim! They saw it! (Of course it was just an RP device, the machine just moved sheep around with pistons, after all I would have needed a way to get sheep into cloudsdale otherwise, which is not an easy thing to do...) oh and I also destroyed it, Pika saw that from a very... close... vantage point ;)

I coulda had a secret Dungeon!? D'oh! lol I think one character might have liked that actually......

Honestly, you and your friend were the least of my problems, Star, I feel I kinda really P.O.'d two other admins on the server, so at best I probably should wait a few months for them to cool down if I decide to come back...

Also, the whitelist has been updated. No griefing. And no using the Too-many-items mods. You farm your items like everyone else.

O_o TMI only works for admins, you can check out it's page on the official Minecraft forums. I had it installed back in 1.0 and I can assure you that it only worked for me in single-player mode. Now she might have used one of the "force op" bugs, THEN used TMI, but TMI itself wont give normal players the ability to spawn items. . .