Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

Its pretty far out there, keep going back Foggy Bottom, past the various stone buildings beyond (dunno what they are for) until the large grassland beyond. There is a large "flag" out there. Near the flag is a underground store-room (it has torches around the entrance). This storeroom has chests, a work bench and furnaces, all public for use. This is the initial public storeroom with supplies to start building the town.

I'll get a bigger flag made when I get back on, I want everypony to see this flag FROM SPACE!!! lol (since there doesnt seem to be an upper cieling in minecraft anymore... O_o)

Howdy!

Just wanted to mention that the desert beyond the site for Ponyville has been claimed as the site for Appleloosa. And by desert, I mean the entire desert. I already traveled out there and set up camp so that I may begin to set the foundations for it. I have also taken advantage of Diego's post from a while back with that link to the Minecraft Structure planner, so expect to see some pics of what I have planed for the buildings. I plan to make it as close to possible as I can to the Appleloosa in the show, so if you feel like a two day trip, head on out and take a gander.

Speaking of ...

There was a 'snapshot update' that makes wool grow back on sheep.

"In Minecraft Snapshot Update 11w49a, sheep reverted to dropping 1-3 wool when sheared. In another snapshot released by Jeb_ Sheep will now eat Grass and regrow wool."

"Notch stated that sheep and possibly other passive mobs will eat grass, then the blocks will become soil blocks.[citation needed] It was also stated that wool will regrow on sheep, and will happen as of Week 49 release 11w49a.[4] Furthermore, as of 11w50a, Sheep also eat Tall Grass [5]"

Any plans on including that snapshot update into our server anytime soon? *^_^*

Speaking of ...

"In Minecraft Snapshot Update 11w49a, sheep reverted to dropping 1-3 wool when sheared. In another snapshot released by Jeb_ Sheep will now eat Grass and regrow wool."

"Notch stated that sheep and possibly other passive mobs will eat grass, then the blocks will become soil blocks.[citation needed] It was also stated that wool will regrow on sheep, and will happen as of Week 49 release 11w49a.[4] Furthermore, as of 11w50a, Sheep also eat Tall Grass [5]"

Oh that would be so nice, the fact that sheep didn't regrown wool to me was the strangest thing in the game. Its like saying trees or wheat don't give seeds, just.. huh? :?

Speaking of ...

We won't see this until 1.1. Bukkit doesn't do snapshots for a very good reason.

We won't see this until 1.1. Bukkit doesn't do snapshots for a very good reason.

I updated to 1.0 Bukkit.. But that's a real pity. I guess I'll just give anyone who needs the wool for cloudsdale the wool.

I've allocated wool for the building of cloudsdale into the chest outside of Canterlot. You'll know it when you see it.

OH yes, by the way there is now a road leading to my Home Under the Mountain. You really can't miss it, the road is right past the hedge and going towards Froggybottom, follow it all the way to the end and you'll reach a kind of aztec style pyramid steps. Just to the right of that is a pen containing, pause for dramatic effect, cows! Which apparently are in rather short supply. All I ask is that you leave two alive and make sure their pen stays intact.

All I ask is that you leave two alive and make sure their pen stays intact.

You know, I came up with an excellent solution to the pen/creeper problem - just like the outside of the pen on all sides with Cacti! any creeper that tries to get close dies.

Is it a place with a weird black portal? If so, that would have been me. Except, I wouldn't exactly call it taking over, but more along the lines of stumbling upon it. I just went exploring and had need to replace some armor and such. Could have sworn I made them public though. Oh well, if I find myself in that neck of the woods again, I'll try and make them public again.

Is it a place with a weird black portal? If so, that would have been me. Except, I wouldn't exactly call it taking over, but more along the lines of stumbling upon it. I just went exploring and had need to replace some armor and such. Could have sworn I made them public though. Oh well, if I find myself in that neck of the woods again, I'll try and make them public again.

Yes, some time jump through the portal, and go to The Endlands and fight your way to the Ending (yes there *IS* an ending to minecraft, and it's suprisingly good imo, major props to Notch to do what he did with an ending for a game like that!)

I was hoping to use it as a staging ground later to create Skyland (Griffen country) and also I go there a lot to train against the residents of the Endlands...

Ashton, just to let you know, I've successfully restored the Portal Room, 3 Hallways, a Misc. Room and 95% of the Library; just need like 12 or so more bookcase blocks. I'm probably going to hold back on the Restoration since I should get started on the Trans-Equestrian Rail System.

Oh, and Yeeaahhaaa killed the Ender Dragon in that Stronghold.

I'm *REALLY* wishing we had teleporters now that all these towns and things are being built...

Starburst, think there's room for another? XD

Just FYI:

The most we've had on the server is 5, usually 2-3, and last night we had 4. I've personally never experianced any major lag even with 4 members online. I think the server can handle it as long as the owner isnt restricting membership.

Ashton, just to let you know, I've successfully restored the Portal Room, 3 Hallways, a Misc. Room and 95% of the Library; just need like 12 or so more bookcase blocks. I'm probably going to hold back on the Restoration since I should get started on the Trans-Equestrian Rail System.

Oh, and Yeeaahhaaa killed the Ender Dragon in that Stronghold.

I can get you the bookcases, I have a chest FULL of cane, not to mention I pull 3x stacks every time I harvest.

Does it re-spawn? Do I need to avoid hopping in anymore portals?

I can get you the bookcases, I have a chest FULL of cane, not to mention I pull 3x stacks every time I harvest.

Does it re-spawn? Do I need to avoid hopping in anymore portals?

The Problem for me is Wood Planks, not Books.

I do not think he respawns. There IS an egg where he died but it's just for looks or something.