Gaming

Hippo

The DS game of My Little Pony looks like it was pretty well done for a 2D game. as for the PC one with Gen 2 ponies in the freaky 3D, seems it was by Atari, that has to be good if they had a hand in it. They're one of my favorite game companies and practically one of the first game makers out there.

As for THQ they've been doing decently well and seem right for an MLP game considering they've made quite alot of TV-Show themed video games. Hopefully one of these two will help with the new game if one is made.

I think it's worth pointing out this game spoils a bit of the last 2 episodes. Episode 25 especially.

Concerning the game itself, some of those differences are REALLY hard to catch. Some are "Durrrr", while others are "Wat".

It also changes the chosen differences every attempt, so there is some sort of replayability to it.

I don't know why, but I like screwing up just to see Twi and Spike's reactions.

hi hi

Those are some pretty neat effects, though I can't imagine the mane thing would be very kind to anypony's video card. Anypony who is doing modeling work for a game, I highly recommend taking a look at tigr3ss' models for some ideas on how to reduce polycounts. wire-frames textures texture with flats

I know today's best processors can handle a lot, but I guess my modeling philosophy is: Unless you're going for cinema quality, why put stuff in that you don't need to? If you've only got a few characters on the screen, usually its ok, but if you're going MMO style, you can count on multiplying ever tri by the number of players. (I was astounded when I did a poly-count of one of League of Legends champions, it was almost as high as characters in World of Warcraft but with a much smaller fill ratio)

I guess I'll have to model my own low-poly pony and see how they compare, if I can make some time here and there...

Just released today, this footage from another fan game.

TaPEr1Mg2i0

OMG. Brony gaming prorgrammers FTW!!! This is the by far the best yet.

• 2 weeks later...

hehe, at first i was like, ummmmm.

And then customizable Twilight appeared!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

speaking of gaming...

getting tired of the PSN outage.

fluttercry%20PSNfail.png?1303457115

Gah! So many bronies doing so many awesome things x_x I have plans for my own game but as I always do when I start any kind of project I think I've been too ambitious and bitten off more than I can chew. I have a degree in computer games technology and I still have no idea what I'm doing for crying out loud! :/

Also where are these guys getting the sprites? I can't draw or sprite and it's hard to work on character animation when you don't have the character... /sigh

manliest modnation carts ever

Awesome!

First, we had Rainbow Unicorn Attack.

Now we have Rainbow Dash Attack.

omg I love you for showing me this excists *hugs you with a big pony hug* >.<

So far, this is the best game I have seen. Rainbow Dash Attack FTW!

MarevelVS.ClopcomGameplay.jpg?1305087142

I swear, somepony at some point needs to use HAYDOKEN! In the RP, because that is waaay too awesome not to use.

Double plus bonus points if a bushel of hay is used as some sort of weapon during that HAYDOKEN yell.

• 1 month later...