Gaming

Hippo

Just for reference, some people have already started up a fighting game (Based on an already existing engine).

http://www.canterlot.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1643

Of course, if your idea has nothing to do with this, feel free to disregard.

Hmm... Might have a go at making a fighting game, or just some sort of follow-the-storyline game...

I wonder how difficult it would be to create like Minecraft and make servers for ponies?

I'm gonna go make a topic about this now! Keep my ideas down!

I can honestly see this possibly happening eventually, due to a a little pony named Gordon Freemane.

Knowing Valve's track record, they'll buy and improve things that they like (Team Fortress and Counter-Strike, for examples) and with their employees starting to sport Pony avatars, they might be catching onto the trend. If Valve falls in love with the TV show they might consider making Friendship is Magic: Source.

If they do, I hope to God its like Garry's Mod or something.

• 2 weeks later...

IPS download in description.

For those wondering what this hack changes:

No gameplay changes as far as I know. Only sprite changes.

Fluttershy is the main character except for the space zone where she is replaced by Luna. Pinkie Pie also replaces Fluttershy during underground segments, I believe. I'm not sure.

Bosses:

Tree Zone Gilda

Pumpkin Zone Possessed Zecora

Macro Zone Snips

Space Zone Robo-Celestia

Final Boss Trixie

The other two bosses (Octopus and three pigs) haven't changed. There is a bubble enemy that got edited as well and the Mario Zone got changed into a Trixie Look-alike (I think)

My Little Pony FiM: Story of the Blanks

This game is both substantial and insubstantial at the same time: on one hoof, it's made completely from the ground up and doesn't follow the arcadey-grinding-for-points feel most FiM fan-(heck, even official)games have; on the other hoof, it's really short, lasting 15 minutes at best.

Applebloom is the main character. Twilight and Zecora also make appearances. The rest are OC characters. The game largely takes place in the everfree forest.

It uses an 8-bit graphical style, in fact, the author says s/he tried to make it as a game that would be playable on an 8-bit system.

There is little gameplay involved, being closer to an immersion/adventure game, so the first play-through is going to be your best.

I recommend any fan to play this: it's really good despite it's length.

Don't click below if you don't want to get spoiled!

I was already half-spoiled with this game, knowing that it had a creepy part with zombies, but I hadn't experienced myself and the constant praise made me decide to give it a chance.

After...THAT part, I went back into the village, not very surprised at the glitchy-dreary town before me. I was thinking there would be no cutscenes from this point, but then the first zombie appeared...I was getting creeped out, because cutscenes in horror sections of games tend to put you at a disadvantage, but the zombie didn't move, so I went south.

This is where everything went south, too. I hesitated a bit, then noticed that I could move the rock at the east. I started pushing it...when I suddenly noticed a zombie pony moving towards Applebloom. :D I was literally trying to get that boulder to move faster by mashing the z button: I thought I would get caught because I hesitated. I managed to get out in time, only to be greeted by a shockingly fast zombie pony. I WAS SURE I WAS SCREWED.

It was REALLY close: the fast zombie would have caught me if I wasn't constantly running south-east.

But I somehow narrowly managed to get Applebloom to the next section. The next few zombie ponies don't move anymore, so this was a breather after the close call from the previous section.

The rest was somewhat exhilarating as well, but none of the generic zombie ponies were as OMGWTFIMSCREWED as the fast zombie pony to me. I finally got to the end and my heart rate returned to normal. I would have flatlined if I had gotten caught.

Despite lacking severely in the game play department, I think this is the best pony game so far. It gave me a rush that I don't get from many games these days...although I'm hoping for a better game that doesn't have grimdark stuff/plot twists in it.. :sniff:

Also, one more thing...

Don't play if you plan to sleep soon.

Yeah, I played that one the other day. Really creepy, but very cool. Honestly, considering how linear it is it's almost like an interactive fanfic, but it works really well.

This is exactly what I look for in a MLP game. It could use a little more variety of moves (pathetic Abbie can't do jack but run around), but the interactive movie style is to my liking. Also, great twist and originality.

• 2 weeks later...
72/72

LIKE A BOSS:

[attachment=0]like a boss.jpg[/attachment]

How the hell are you guys getting these high scores? I only know half of the BG ponies names. You guys are insane. and I thought I was insane.

How the hell are you guys getting these high scores? I only know half of the BG ponies names. You guys are insane. and I thought I was insane.

I am Diego Havoc and I am superior. That is all you need to know.

I AM SUPERIOR!

Okay, I actually got lucky with Rainbow Day, since I saw her mentioned on ED when the poster was first announced. Still, it's not cheating, so I'm okay with that.

I didn't know about Rainbow Day I was derpy with spelling sea serpent and I didn't know about Score, Hoops, and Dumb-bells names and I thought lily was daisy. :) -can't remember who else she possibly missed-

What's your score River?

• 4 weeks later...

Download the IPS in the embedded vid.

Another ROM hack from herooftime1000. Only sprite changes once again though.

Twilight is Mario.

Lyra is Luigi

Trixie is Toad

Luna is Peach

The shy guys look like they're wearing pony masks. They're called Shycolts now.

Parasprites replace some of the flying enemies.

Mushrooms have been replaced by apples.

Birdo is replaced by a strange version of Steven Magnet (Sea serpent).

Mouser is replaced by Gilda.

Phanto is replaced by...something, I can't quite tell what. I think it's a Nightmare moon mask.

The Hydra got replaced by...the hydra.

Gripclaw (The crab) got replaced by a diamond dog (Rover).

Wart got replaced by...Nightmare Moon. Yes, Luna can be the one who fights Nightmare Moon.

The ending animation replaces Mario with Twilight sleeping.

• 3 weeks later...