Who has a pony on their desk?

Tam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Applejack that came with a pink saddle and a little dog. Unfortunately she didn't come with her little cowgirl hat which was a bit of a let down but is still adorable. She's sitting on my monitor right now giving me that same old look. :(

I hope to get my hands on a Rainbow Dash Plush some time.

Managed to snag all the McDonalds ones in one affordable eBay swoop, which is just as well since I don't care for McDonalds and I don't have to explain why i am buying a Happy Meal. :lol:

Friend (Bramble Rose on here) bought me Applejack from Target I believe, just need to make the right kind of hat for her. My biggest win was the custom Derpy for a commission trade. :(

Well girls (and bronies?), I finally got all my McDonald's ponies!

I don't have them setup on my desk, but I do have them setup on my bureau. =B

bureau-01.png

bureau-02.png

bureau-03.png

I'm expecting to get Twilight's Twinkling Balloon in the mail soon, and that will have the honor of going on my desk in nite-lite-brite mode (very picky about what shares space with my PC hehe).

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten their hands on the giant plush of Twilight Sparkle that is a Toys R' Us exclusive? I've looked online and at my local Toys R' Us, but I can't find her anywhere! =( Help locating her online for order would be super duper appreciated.

Custom Derpy? That sounds like the best form of commission ever. :)

Yes, I was stunned he was willing to trade her, but said something along the lines that she get far more exposure if I had her, or something like that. Whatever the case, it is so worth it! :(

I only have AJ from the Happy Meal toys.

I'm actually thinking of at least buying toys of the six main characters for MLP:FiM, maybe Celestia and a few others. I've always rather liked ponies--I thought they were cute! I also would like to encourage Hasbro to keep up the awesomeness that is MLP:FiM!

Hopefully the thread doesn't 404 anytime soon, but there's a great thread on Ponychan regarding how to make the toys' manes and tails resemble the characters from the show. http://www.ponychan.net/chan/toy/res/431.html

Dat set up is all of my want.

I only have Apple Jack and Princess Celestia on my desktop.

I want the rest, but I don't have 30 dollars to spend on them, ebay.

I must have gone to Mcdonalds 20 times and only been successful in getting ponies twice.

I've never hated that place more.

Applejack - A friend (and fellow bronie) bought me one as a gift from target.

Derpy - Really nice custom one I got in a trade for a color commission. :D

Whoa, how did you get a custom ponys? i would love to have Lyra and Bonbon XD

This is who made the custom Derpy, you can likely inquire if they be willing to create others.

Hey girls (and bronies)! I wanted to show off my new Twilight Sparkle Twinkling Balloon. I think it is the most darling of all the playsets right now -- it lights up, plays music, and even has a little handlebar (which you can use to carry it around, but I use it to hang it up). My only complaint is that the nite-lite mode doesn't last very long, and there is no way to mute the sound (it will always play a short song clip no matter what mode you have it in).

twinkling-packaging.png

twinkle-friends-balloon.png

I didn't like how the stock Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash looked out of the box, so I cut/styled their hair in an attempt to make them look a little more like their cartoon counterparts. What do you think? If I am still feeling this adventurous when I get my Rarity, I'm going to try curling her hair with the soda straw method.

twinkle-friends.png

I know that quite a few girls here collect or refurbish, so if you have any styling tips I'd really appreciate them!

Dat set up is all of my want.

I only have Apple Jack and Princess Celestia on my desktop.

I want the rest, but I don't have 30 dollars to spend on them, ebay.

I must have gone to Mcdonalds 20 times and only been successful in getting ponies twice.

I've never hated that place more.

I so sorry that you couldn't get the rest before the event was over. =( They were probably the most affordable ponies to get, too. At least Hasbro is finally offering a larger selection of FiM ponies, so you can always look for the normal ones at Toys R' Us and Target. They might even be more affordable to purchase than the McD sets on eBay at this stage.

If there is ever another FiM promotion with a fast food place, I'd recommend asking them directly if they will just sell you the ponies. That is what my Mom and I did since I try to avoid fast food and couldn't bring myself to eat a Happy Meal every week. Sometimes they will have more than one type of pony in stock, so you can actually collect them faster that way.

I wasn't going to even try and get any of the actual toys, but after seeing what you did to their hair, I really want them now.

Seriously.

That's awesome.

As for the restaurants, the first time I walked in and asked for a pony, and apple pie, and a Mcflurry, as that's all I eat there. But the other times were just when my family was at McDonald's in the drive through anyways. My mom would get a happy meal and I'd have her get a girl one. I must've gotten every toy but a pony.

I regret not going in and just asking for the whole collection.

I didn't like how the stock Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash looked out of the box, so I cut/styled their hair in an attempt to make them look a little more like their cartoon counterparts. What do you think? If I am still feeling this adventurous when I get my Rarity, I'm going to try curling her hair with the soda straw method.

Man I wish I knew how you did that because I would love to (although as a dude, I'd probably suck at it), although I am pretty satisfied with the out of the box Applejack I got as a gift (and of course my custom Derpy :lol: ). At worst, I still have McD ones for the others. Yours though look really well, probably as close to the show as one can get.