weesh

54 members have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves is...

• Vastly Underrated
    • Slightly Underrated
    • Worthy of her Reception
    • Slightly Overrated
    • Vastly Overrated

Derpy is like the cow bell skit from SNL.

I GOTTA HAVE MORE DERPY!!!! :D :D

Oh gosh, I remember that from like SO many years ago. "Don't Fear the Derpy!"

Derpy is awesome, but is a very "touchy" character. If you want an entire episode devoted ot her, what would happen? The entire Derpy fanbase would shift, as a lot of fanon would be demolished.

The "spot the derpy" game the creators have made for us is AWESOME! Why ruin it? Don't fix what isn't broken..

Her appearance in Luna Eclipsed made me literally laugh out loud for a good 10 minutes. It was funny, awesome, and cute, which I didn't think was a possible combination prior to it.

Her appearance in Hearth's Warming Eve may seem like a bit much to most of you, but to me, it was an episode focused on the Mane 6, so it would have been difficult for them to stick her in there well. On top of that, I enjoyed her waving. It almost felt like she was waving at us bronies, wishing us a Merry Christmas, y'know? The fanbase has made Derpy a great character, and I feel we should leave it at that. If Luna Eclipsed was never released, we wouldn't have the name Lunaa, let alone her new look. But SHE is one of the "main" characters, because she is related to Celestia, so I felt it was necessary eventually. If the creators gave an episode all about the background ponies, then there wouldn't be any left. So the hsow would become very mundane, in terms of most of the scenes. Imagine a scene full of only main characters. It's not very exciting, is it. AND the fanbase for a lot of the background ponies would be demolished, too. Fanon destruction can be good, or bad. In this case, it's bad.

Her appearance in Hearth's Warming Eve may seem like a bit much to most of you, but to me, it was an episode focused on the Mane 6, so it would have been difficult for them to stick her in there well. On top of that, I enjoyed her waving. It almost felt like she was waving at us bronies, wishing us a Merry Christmas, y'know? The fanbase has made Derpy a great character, and I feel we should leave it at that. If Luna Eclipsed was never released, we wouldn't have the name Lunaa, let alone her new look. But SHE is one of the "main" characters, because she is related to Celestia, so I felt it was necessary eventually. If the creators gave an episode all about the background ponies, then there wouldn't be any left.

Derpy was on the train too, before she waved to the crowd. The derpy wave was was valuable because is spiced up the scene setting shot where you become aware of the audience. I do like the idea of her waving to us though.

And remember, Celestia addressed Luna directly by "Princess Luna" in front of the mane 6 at the end of the second episode of season one.

Derpy was on the train too, before she waved to the crowd. The derpy wave was was valuable because is spiced up the scene setting shot where you become aware of the audience. I do like the idea of her waving to us though.

And remember, Celestia addressed Luna directly by "Princess Luna" in front of the mane 6 at the end of the second episode of season one.

Yes, but it wasn't until "Luna Eclipsed" that she was addressed as "Luna" officially throughout the fandom. I didn't read any fanfics with that name, or anything prior. MAYBE a mention here and there, but that's about it.

Oh gosh, I remember that from like SO many years ago. "Don't Fear the Derpy!"

Derpy is awesome, but is a very "touchy" character. If you want an entire episode devoted ot her, what would happen? The entire Derpy fanbase would shift, as a lot of fanon would be demolished.

The "spot the derpy" game the creators have made for us is AWESOME! Why ruin it? Don't fix what isn't broken..

Her appearance in Luna Eclipsed made me literally laugh out loud for a good 10 minutes. It was funny, awesome, and cute, which I didn't think was a possible combination prior to it.

Her appearance in Hearth's Warming Eve may seem like a bit much to most of you, but to me, it was an episode focused on the Mane 6, so it would have been difficult for them to stick her in there well. On top of that, I enjoyed her waving. It almost felt like she was waving at us bronies, wishing us a Merry Christmas, y'know? The fanbase has made Derpy a great character, and I feel we should leave it at that. If Luna Eclipsed was never released, we wouldn't have the name Lunaa, let alone her new look. But SHE is one of the "main" characters, because she is related to Celestia, so I felt it was necessary eventually. If the creators gave an episode all about the background ponies, then there wouldn't be any left. So the hsow would become very mundane, in terms of most of the scenes. Imagine a scene full of only main characters. It's not very exciting, is it. AND the fanbase for a lot of the background ponies would be demolished, too. Fanon destruction can be good, or bad. In this case, it's bad.

I really disagree. I dont' see how later in the series - I don't know about right now - expanding the character depth on the show would be a bad thing. There's so much more they can do now with just the mane 6 that would cover several seasons. In Star Trek TNG they brought Barclay out of the background and he even spanned over into Voyager.

I don't feel we can sit back and say that fandom can write these characters better than the professional staff of MLP - FIM can. I think we need to trust them more than that. I think they can expand on Derpy without violating anything the fans have done.

I think Derpy represents a very important source of "first creative contact" between the brony-type fans and the creators of the show, as well as the creative influence and passion we throw at them. We fuel the fire that makes the show better than ever by inspiring those who work on it (in my humble opinion), and I think Derpy is their way of nodding at us (among other things, such as the Equestria Girls video and the ComicCon poster link on the official page expressly for Bronies).

It would be interesting to see more dialogue from her, but the fact we get to see her in every episode in some little way or other is good enough for me.

If the creators gave an episode all about the background ponies, then there wouldn't be any left. So the hsow would become very mundane, in terms of most of the scenes. Imagine a scene full of only main characters. It's not very exciting, is it. AND the fanbase for a lot of the background ponies would be demolished, too. Fanon destruction can be good, or bad. In this case, it's bad.

Not actually possible, as there are over 200 background ponies.

She most definitely is not worthy of her reception. She's nothing more than an in-joke spawned from an animation error. There was absolutely no effort put into her creation, so it's hard to call her deserving of the massive praise she gets.

And yet...

I still really like the fact that she exists. There's some great fan material out there that spawned from nothing, and her appearing intentionally shows a care for the fans that only a few fandoms are lucky enough to have. It really shows some of the great things this show can bring, both inside and out, officially and unofficially.

So I'm not really sure how to vote on this poll. She is completely undeserving, but the very fact that she is so undeserving and that can STILL create this much great stuff about her...that's what makes her most impressive to me.

Is her name ACTUALLY Derpy?

I just have to ask, since I haven't seen very many episodes.

I personally love Derpy. She just goes to show that not all ponies are perfect on the outside. I mean, majority of the time her eyes a crossed, and her color scheme isn't great... But I reckon she's really sweet and lovable for helping others despite her disability. Less magic, more bravery.

I reckon, however, if she were given a speaking roles, even if it was just saying "Derp!" we'd be crushed. Our image of Derpy would fly, and she'd lose the interest she has gained through being an error pony.

Because we all imagine her voice differently. Some way imagine it slow and slurry. Others, speedy and tripped. Others, fairly normal with a slight stutter, and so forth. To see Hasbro's intention of what her voice would sound like if she had one would be interesting. But since she's a background pony who is not meant to speak as of yet...

I think Hasbro will just leave Derpy as she is.

I love her like that anyway. :P

I think she's worthy of her reception as it is. Even beyond what we believe, hundreds of other bronies are the reason she pops up at all, which I am actually glad for. It all depends on how you see Derpy. Maybe someday they'll give her a set voice and personality, and the fandom will rejoice/despair/rage, but for now, based on all her actions, fanon backstory, and my own headcanon, I like Derpy. As for her personality, I think of her as a Cloud Cuckoolander, rather than slow or a ditz.

Though IMO, I don't like the accepted relationship between Derpy and Dinky.

Is her name ACTUALLY Derpy?

Faust on Derpy, during Season 1:

Lauren-Derpy.png

Source: Castle Creator Game Adds Derpy and More

Over on the Hub's main website, the Canterlot Creator game has had a whole pile of new updates added, including a bunch of new vectors from Nightmare Night. The big new addition is of course, Derpy. Our favorite paper bag-wearing mailmare has her own specialized vector in the game. That's pretty amazing considering she is the only additional pony outside of the mane 5/CmC/Luna.

Her filename even says "Derpy". I guess that disqualifies Ditzy Doo?

Check the game out here! And thanks to Whatshisgame for the discovery!

Source: Derpy Officially Named!

We have had subtle hints in the past via file names in various official pony flash games, but this is the 100% difinitive proof that Derpy Hooves is a fully canon pony! The official Hub Facebook page has recognized the queen of muffins!

Rejoice!

1.jpg