weesh

54 members have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves is...

• Vastly Underrated
    • Slightly Underrated
    • Worthy of her Reception
    • Slightly Overrated
    • Vastly Overrated

I like her only in that the animators saw fit to add it for us bronies. Over all I couldnt care unless it is a cute bit (like in the hearthwarming eve ep) though I admit it's fun to play "Where's Derpy?" while watching.

I love finding derpy in the episodes, especially when it's one where she's in an odd spot (chicken coop derpy in may the best pet win and filly derpy in cutie pox).

I voted slightly overrated, but I don't really know why. I guess because as much as I love derpy, she isn't my favourite pony :P

I might change my vote to worthy of her reception later

I am going to go out on a limb here, and say she her coloring is about the ugliest a background pony could be without pulling focus. Gray and Blond? Of course she is cute, they pretty much all are unless they are carefully designed not to be.

I wish they had messed up the eyes on a nicer colored pony.

I am going to go out on a limb here, and say she her coloring is about the ugliest a background pony could be without pulling focus. Gray and Blond? Of course she is cute, they pretty much all are unless they are carefully designed not to be.

I wish they had messed up the eyes on a nicer colored pony.

this was the first thing I thought when I found out what derpy was all about

Derpy is cute, and it's nice to have her actually included in the show.

And I like the Derpy the fandom created ! She's not that pretty (and I agree with you, her color scheme isn't nice, but it fits with the character, I'm actually happy it was this one that got derped!), she have crossed eyes, she's "featherbrained", she doesn't have an easy life, but it's still a happy one, with her little girl Dinky and a job that gets her by. She's the pony we pick when someone writes about interesting, more mature subjects, like handicap, or single parenting. Or for some silly antics. Or both !

I really, really like Derpy :)

I just think it shows a good relationship between the animators and the fans... although i think they miiiiight be milking it now... she's been in almost every episode of season 2, just kinda chilling in the background... not that this is bad, i just think it's become a 'where's waldo' for MLP now... i just wish they would give her a speaking role... or at least another role like in the Luna episode where she actually contributed to the humor.

• Like 1

I just think it shows a good relationship between the animators and the fans... although i think they miiiiight be milking it now... she's been in almost every episode of season 2, just kinda chilling in the background... not that this is bad, i just think it's become a 'where's waldo' for MLP now...

That is EXACTLY what she is supposed to be. Straight from the horse's mouth... so to speak. Though I don't have a link handy, I'm fairly certain that was an official statement--that Derpy is like a 'Where's Waldo?'.

I just think it shows a good relationship between the animators and the fans... although i think they miiiiight be milking it now... she's been in almost every episode of season 2, just kinda chilling in the background... not that this is bad, i just think it's become a 'where's waldo' for MLP now... i just wish they would give her a speaking role... or at least another role like in the Luna episode where she actually contributed to the humor.

That's exactly it - Derpy shows that this series is responsive to it's fanbase - much more so than most shows I know of - Take Adventure Time for example - another really amazing show - and it's just as loved if not more - but the most cartoon network does is put out an online contest for a new year's eve fan-made short - Very Nice - but it's not on the level of fan favorite Derpy getting several prominent background roles.

Don't fault me for this but being a Brony reminds me a lot of the fact I'm also a Trekkie. I think we delight in obsessing over the details of the show (you guys even have role playing built into this site!) but there aren't many things that reach the level of interaction that Bronies have reached.

Derpy and the fan interaction she represents are worthy of recognition across fandom! Despite being earth ponies you have flown up to a new height on gossamer wings of dew! (wait....how'd that end up again for Rarity?)

*lifts glass* here's a toast to the peak of the mountain that Derpy and Bronies have made it to - from an old Trekkie - I SALUTE!!!

I'll be honest though, i kinda hope they do a bit with the other side cast members that the fandom has lifted up... Lyra, Bonbon, Dr Whooves, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch... nothing HUGE, just give them a brief speaking role to give them some personality in the show itself...

Actually, Bon-Bon has had two or three lines in show.

Actually, Bon-Bon has had two or three lines in show.

Yeah, true... she was victim to Apple Bloom's sale tactics, wasnt she? Well i suppose that's something... but i mean a bit more personal than that... not just 'random pony interacts with main character' i want it to be like that moment in episode 14 (15?) where Serpy has her eyes crossed on purpose after dropping stuff onto Twilight... where we as fans just go "HOLY FUUUUUDGE They just did something awesome!"

I actually would like to see a completely Derpy focused episode where one of the mane 6 befriend her and get to know her more. Wouldn't it be fitting if the plot were about Derpy's crush on a brony?

I personally would love to see Soran, Derpy and Pinkie battle it out over which is tastier - Pie, Muffins or Cupcakes! (cupcakes of course!)

Derpy Hooves is a wondrous thing.

But I hope her appearances don't start getting more and more obvious like in 'Hearth's Warming Eve'. I like to play spot-the-Derpy, and that's hardly difficult when she jumps out at us like that. She needs to play the game right.

Of course, her slightly more obvious appearance in 'Luna Eclipsed' was an exception. Man, that was funny.

I actually would like to see a completely Derpy focused episode where one of the mane 6 befriend her and get to know her more. Wouldn't it be fitting if the plot were about Derpy's crush on a brony?

"Scrubs" did an entire episode focused on the supporting cast (The Tod, Janitor, etc) and it was outstanding. However, I love that the show focuses on platonic friendships and I'm in no hurry to see any more crushes.

I like finding Derpy in all the episodes. She's not like, my favorite pony or anything, and I think she's a little overblown by the fandom, but I do enjoy her. I wouldn't want an entirely Derpy-centric anything though... it would feel like catering to the bronies or something, I like her best as an easter egg :P

I personally don't see how a fan response to an animation error makes her worthy of reception. The only reason that I didn't put completely overrated is because the creators have been really inventive with their Derpy inserts (usually, Hearth's was a bit too obvious). But that is less Derpy and more the creator's credit.

Chancellor, I'd prefer it if she is left out of things like that. She is technically a fan creation from an animation error. Making an episode may alter fan's interpretations and thus can destroy the character. Same with all other background ponies. Leave them be, let the fans take care of them, and the creators can deal with the mane 6. It is better off that way.