W&D S01EP21 - Over a Barrel [part 2 now active!]

Tam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're saved! Praise Trixie! =D

No! Don't praise Trixie even though we are saved!

Also, FIGHTING WITH APPLE PIES WAS SUCH A WASTE OF APPLES except that it did end the fight. This just might be my favorite episode, by the way, although I don't know why.

And now, my comments on the episode: That G-rated western gunfight at the end? Best. Scene. EVER. I'm totally making a pieslinger pony at some point. (Dibs on the idea!)

And really Pinkie, how did you expect them to react to that song? I expected better, even from you =P

Okay this computer sucks and it's glitching.... >_<

Who throws that last pie? Since it's all up now I thought I could finally ask.

It doesn't show who throw it, it was part of the side barrage.

Also we learned that Buffalo does not like Pinky's singing, and I did not expect Pinky (or any pony) to appear in an outfit like that on the show. :D

I am not sure where I place the episode; it wasn't as good as the previous two, but it wasn't bad either and genuinely funny. Glad they steered clear of stereotyping the Buffalo and the Applossians. Plus, I am personally happy it was an AJ episode, well sort of, she wasn't really a focus (want more AJ!).

Oh that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Because I would see the Sheriff start to take off his hat, then it would glitch and jump to the Chief on the ground with pie on his face.

and seriously...if Pinkie had just kept quiet they never would have charged. XD It was her fault.

I loved so much about this episode. D:

1. Brayburn, my second favorite Apple family member.

2. Horse drawn train? LOVEIT. <333

3. Apple-loosa - hooray for a new pony town!

I didn't care for Pinkie's song in this episode which is odd. XD Usually I love her songs, OHWELL.

ps. lol. totes just loving this after coming up with my sterling stone pony. XD

My favorite line from this episode:

Following other character's statements, Fluttershy pops in. "I would love to be a tree."

A couple things I loved about this episode:

1. Character design on the buffalo. WOW!! The way they animated the buffalo, just like they animated the rest of the show, was pure awesomeness. There's seems to be no exception to the way they choose to animate action shots of the characters, slow or fast, even if it's a new or minor character. It's things like this that keep me watching the show. Anypony could write a cartoony western about a land dispute, but it takes artists, writers, and voice actresses like the ones MLPFiM has to make it awesome.

2. Pies. As I understood the story and found out there would be a good old fashioned western fight scene (more of a battle), I discussed with myself exactly how they would do this. In the nanoseconds I wasn't being awed by the characters, I pondered the actual reality of an actual battle scene in this show. How would they do it? How much violence would they show? What would they use as weapons? As I watched the Applelossians harvest their non-ripe apples, and haul them to the town, I thought, oh, ok they're using apples. No. They took it a few steps further. Hundreds and hundreds of pies filled my screen and couldn't help but laugh at the quality of silliness. The contrast between the seriousness of the characters and the tasty goodness of a comic-destined apple pies makes for jaw-dropping scenes where you are trying not to laugh because you want to hear the serious things the distressed characters are saying and doing. Princeless!

Oh! And another thing.

Braeburn is an awesome character. Of course his name is based off the Braeburn Apple.

When I heard his voice, I kept thinking of the same voice I have heard elsewhere. It took me a while to remember where I heard it, but then I remembered. It sounds like the Mr. DNA from Jurassic Park.

I want Part 2!

This episode is very well written (though I didn't catch the "everybody"), and I applaud those involved with it for actually creating an episode on such a sociocultural topic.

You must mean the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. See apple trees are like centuries old olive groves on the Gaza strip and...

Yup, I definately can say this was an absolute blast of an episode, and it made me smile so much...confound these Ponies, they make awesome cartoon episodes that make me unapologetically happy to be a fan! :3

Yet another episode, I might add, where Pinkie Pie knows how to solve the conflict way ahead of everyone else. Notice that when she's singing she points out that they're both herbivores and stuffs an apple into their mouths? In the end, those tasty apples are what brought everypony together.

I also noticed that when the group is reunited, Fluttershy reacted the most, and tackled Pinky. She didn't even mention Rainbow Dash. Maybe a little something there, hmm???

Mmm, sexy burlesque Pinkie Pie :q

I also noticed that when the group is reunited, Fluttershy reacted the most, and tackled Pinky. She didn't even mention Rainbow Dash. Maybe a little something there, hmm???

I am sure the fanfic writers are ready to ship that as we speak. :D

I am sure the fanfic writers are ready to ship that as we speak. :D

Wow, talk about disecting an episode...

(OMG I've been so busy this week I haven't even been on the forum! Sad pony.)

I LOVED this episode. :D Am I....the ONLY pony that liked Pinkie's song? I thought it was adorable. And (as a vegan) I squeed a little inside when she mentioned they were all vegetarians. Which...duh, they're ponies. But still. X3

Also hippy tree hugging Applejack? Fluttershy saying she would like to be a tree? JUST.TOO.CUTE.