An Intro Thread, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Ponies

surfwaxamerica

About myself.: What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany’s at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No. I go for the chandelier; it’s priceless. As I’m taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It’s her father’s business. She’s Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico but I go to Canada. I don’t trust her. Besides, I love the cold. Thirty years later I get a postcard. I have a son. And he’s the Chief of Police. This is where the story gets interesting: I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She’s been waiting for me all these years. She’s never taken another lover. I don’t care. I don’t show up. I go to Berlin. That’s where I stashed the chandelier.

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: Google

How did you became a fan of FiM?: A friend was like HEY WATCH THIS and I was like OKAY

My one favourite main cast pony?: Rainbow Dash

Hi there,

I guess I go by surfwaxamerica, since that's my username and all (and I have yet to think of a better name to fit within the MLP community, so there's that). I'm 21 and from either southeast or southwest Ohio, depending on the time of year. Finishing up journalism school right now and about to venture into the real world. Scurry. I'm also over at Pony Central (broni.es), and that's basically been the extent of my involvement in the community before now.

Other than that, I enjoy music, DJing (the playing music kind, not creating... though I'd love to learn the latter eventually) and drinking tea. As opposed to a lot of people, I'm a lot worse at making friends on the Internet than in real life, so we'll see how this goes.

Pleased to meet you. Purdy site you got here.

• Like 1

...worse at making friends on the internet than in real life.

I don't understand how that is realistically a possibility.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

This intro. THIS INTRO.

It made me "Wut" at least three separate times. Two of them were completely involuntary.

In my book, that means this was an AMAZING introduction.

AND THAT TALE!

It captivated me more than any other tale I've ever been taled.

I cried! I gasped... I laughed, I yelled, I called my father and told him I loved him.

WELCOME TO THE ROYAL CITY, SURF.

I hope you see you around~ :3

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash: You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the site.

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Nice topic reference.

<Strangelove Pic>

Well done.

I wouldn't have minded seeing any of the apply family that already wears a cowboy hat riding the bomb. But I can't think of a single pony who is both competent enough and crazy enough to really fit the character in the movie.

Guest EoLPinkie

Darn you well-read and smarty pants ponies, I'm confuzzled. It must be zebra sorcery. But I don't have to be super duper smart to give you a super duper welcome! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Canterlot! Look how many ponies are already happy that you're here, plus me makes a bajillion! That's neat that you DJ, I'm learning how because I loooove music so much, but apparently turntables don't like to be scratched at the speed of light! Too much sugar? No, technology needs to keep up! :D If you ever want a joke or to play, I'm your pony! Welcome!