I can't believe this nonsense.

MyLittlePonyTales

TL;DR...

This was my first reaction prior to watching the series, no joke:

Unless this series is a parody along the lines of Venture Brothers, I'm gonna pass... I cant stand 99% of the **** that is made for kids these days... anything made after 2000 is basically "we can solve everything with a hug!" and the "monster of the week" is when a toy is broken and the "adventure" is asking nicely for a new one and then forgiving the person who accidentally broke it (note: it was an accident, not even an act of vengence!) I just cant stomach that...

Makes me think of The Smurfs from when I was a kid... but I get they were more violent... I basically have a rule against watching any cartoon that's not on Adult Swim (discounting Anime) because it's usually so discustingly sweet it just... Tastes like Diabetes...

After watching:

*slowly slinks back in, tail between legs, carring a huge place of Crow*

Does anyone have a spoon handy? I need someone to rip out my brain, saute it to cinders* and spread it across the 4 corners of the universe (make sure you shake out all the sparkles first so no crows choke on them) I.. I...

*falls to knews* -explicative removed- IT! I LOVE THE PONIES! *weeps*

ok, so that was a bit dramatic... and "love" is a little too strong, but yes, against my better judgment after everyone in the known universe told me to watch the show I finally did... and I hate to admit I enjoyed it and was very impressed... though I must say that while there are moments you are reminded it's aimed at kids... there are moments it really pushes the envelope on what's "kid friendly"... In short its Shrek with the vulgar double-ententes turned down a notch or two...

So yes, I take back my insults about it being a 30-minute commercial aimed purely a young females... I'm sorry...

...But there is 1 bad thing... THAT THEME SONG IS A SEVERE EARWORM!!! ugh! I cant get it out of my head!!!

(*can you really saute to cinders? I mean saute involves butter and I dont think you can really burn soemthing drenched in butter to cinders...)

Take it as you will... went from "I wont watch this ****" to really liking it, to genuinely loving it after WWU